Become a Patron!

Help with good DIY juice kits

maliceinwonderland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. New to the Vape community and have a question. I am wondering if there is a good but on the cheaper side DIY juice kit. I'd love to surprise my husband with one for father's day. But I have no idea where to look and what is a good deal. Can anyone help me out? He is an awesome father and husband but feels bad about presents. I know this would be something he would love. Thanks!

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. New to the Vape community and have a question. I am wondering if there is a good but on the cheaper side DIY juice kit. I'd love to surprise my husband with one for father's day. But I have no idea where to look and what is a good deal. Can anyone help me out? He is an awesome father and husband but feels bad about presents. I know this would be something he would love. Thanks!
Amazon and eBay have the lowest prices I think. I'm also new-people here no more than me...they sent me great vape sites online too. I'll see if I can forward it to u..

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy all my flavorings from "TFA" or The Flavor Apprentice and have been pleased with their flavors thus far. I'll tell you DIY juice is kind of like making beer though. It'll take LOADS of experimentation. The hardest thing to account for is that depending on the flavors used it takes 1-2 weeks of sitting (also referred to as steeping time here) before you get the actual flavor. I've made up flavors that kick butt 2 days out of the box and then 5 days later go all horribly wrong.

Also, please make sure your Dad is aware that high concentrate nicotine is poisonous and dangerous. Use gloves, etc. A little known fact is back in the day concentrated nicotine liquid was used as a pesticide. Spill some 100mg/ml nic on your skin and you've got a problem. I'd suggest he start with a lower concentrate in the 24mg range and dilute from there. It is less cost effective but much safer.

The last bit of advice would be, forget about the nicotine all together, and just get a bunch of 10ml bottles (glass are best, next hard plastic, then the soft) and mix just VG/PG and flavor. That way he can makes up a bunch of small batches till he gets the flavor he likes and then figure out the right ratio to add NIC in. I'm a "cheater" insofar as I'm no good creating flavors from scratch. So I always try out new ones and then try to replicate/tweak them for my personal use.

Oh, I forgot, My Freedom Smokes (no affiliation with our company) has a lot of great DIY gear!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
eBay, amazon and any other third party site isn't the place to buy batteries or diy supplies. Use a known, trusted vendor. If you tell us the vg/pg ratio and types of flavors he usually vapes we might be able to help you put together a shopping list that would get him started. A custom kit would be better than a starter kit. Just my opinions. Good luck.

Edit: as an example, here's what my first diy purchase included. ($60.xx shipped)
1,000ml vg
120ml of 100mg nic with vg base
180ml total of 5 different flavorings
20grams menthol crystals
three 30ml glass dropper bottles

From another site: (under $10)
10ml luer lock syringe
1ml luer lock syringe
12g ss blunt tip luer lock needle

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idea for gift packaging for Father's Day - go to the hardware store and pick up a decent sized plastic tool box. Put all the diy stuff inside, including a lock! (Please keep it all locked up!) Tie a ribbon or bow on it and you are done.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heartland vapes has a decent kit. Find a simple recipe that uses the 5 TFA flavors you get. Add a sweetener and a cream separately.

It is hard for most of us to recommend a kit because in general we don't like them lol. And I definitely would stick with a vape supplier fir your kit. Ecig express has a cheaper one but no nicotine or flavors with the kit

maliceinwonderland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure why my comments are not posting :( but Thank you everyone for these great ideas and places to check out. Yea I definitely will buy from an actual retailer vaper just to be cautious. I Love the idea about using a tool box tho! Since its for my husband, not my dad :), for father's day that would be a perfect way to present it :) thank you all for the info

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eBay, amazon and any other third party site isn't the place to buy batteries or diy supplies. Use a known, trusted vendor. If you tell us the vg/pg ratio and types of flavors he usually vapes we might be able to help you put together a shopping list that would get him started. A custom kit would be better than a starter kit. Just my opinions. Good luck.

Edit: as an example, here's what my first diy purchase included. ($60.xx shipped)
1,000ml vg
120ml of 100mg nic with vg base
180ml total of 5 different flavorings
20grams menthol crystals
three 30ml glass dropper bottles

From another site: (under $10)
10ml luer lock syringe
1ml luer lock syringe
12g ss blunt tip luer lock needle
Oh op-ed didn't no exactly what she meant.. I thought she was talking about Juices.i just found out what Diy meant. Lol.

VU Sponsors