Become a Patron!

Help ! What's the difference between the big SSOCC Coil Head and small SSOCC Coil Head ?

LMin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently,i got confused in the SSOCC Coil Head,there are two kinds of SSOCC Coil Head with the same resistance 0.5ohm/0.15ohm/1.5ohm/1.2ohm,but one is big,another one is small.
I'm really don't know how to distinguish them,pls help me,the more detailed the better.
Thank you very much !

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't bought any but the first batch, but no one's really commented on them in several weeks so it appears to be just a couple of quick design revisions... and the addition of a third smaller juice hole.

Remember to check the ring color and use the correct mode...

Blue O-Ring... Nickel wire.
Black... Kanthal Clapton coil
Red... NiChrome wire
Pink... Stainless wire

LMin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't bought any but the first batch, but no one's really commented on them in several weeks so it appears to be just a couple of quick design revisions... and the addition of a third smaller juice hole.

Remember to check the ring color and use the correct mode...

Blue O-Ring... Nickel wire.
Black... Kanthal Clapton coil
Red... NiChrome wire
Pink... Stainless wire
oh,thanks dear Jim

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anyone happen to know what type of wire comes preinstalled on the mini RBA that comes with the toptank? I have no wire to build my own, so I was going to try it out, but I don't see anywhere on my package what setting I should use on my Kbox200.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own one so at a guess... it's almost certainly either Kanthal or NiChrome so use standard Power Mode (ie: wattage).

Pretty much all factory Temp Control wire pre-installed will be in coil heads and clearly marketed, and marked, as such (Nickel is the norm, Titanium would be the rarity, Stainless is dual use).

But Kanger is on a kick trying to get their NiChrome Temp Control working, so it would be reasonable for them to use NiCr. It will TC with a working NiCr mode, but is normally used in straight wattage mode (I believe it predates Kanthal for vaping use).

When in doubt... put a suspect build in Ni TC mode and see what happens.
The usual result is either an immediate kick out to Power Mode because the mod doesn't see the expected rise in resistance, or it will start out showing a high temp or "temp protect" message and not display a ramp-up of temperature. Same reason.

It won't hurt the wire or the mod... it just won't be providing any TC functionality.

LMin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you usually DIY ? I think you are so experienced !

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a Kanger mod as well, you'll have more hands on experience than I... which is none. :p

Honestly don't know why I never bought one, it just hasn't happened.
I've never even used my old full size SubTank, though I do get regular use from my ST Nano, which is why I stayed up on the SSOCC coil release last fall.

Several of us had quite the time trying to figure out what the wire in the red ringed head was as it obviously was not Stainless. Good times. :rolleyes:
Kanger was not very helpful at the time. Not much better now actually.

And yes... the majority of my juice is my own DIY.
It's just too easy and economical not to. Tasty too. :)

LMin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have a Kanger mod as well, you'll have more hands on experience than I... which is none. :p

Honestly don't know why I never bought one, it just hasn't happened.
I've never even used my old full size SubTank, though I do get regular use from my ST Nano, which is why I stayed up on the SSOCC coil release last fall.

Several of us had quite the time trying to figure out what the wire in the red ringed head was as it obviously was not Stainless. Good times. :rolleyes:
Kanger was not very helpful at the time. Not much better now actually.

And yes... the majority of my juice is my own DIY.
It's just too easy and economical not to. Tasty too. :)
DIY your juice ? I'm much interested in this, how ?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's dead simple, fun and a fraction of the cost of premium label juice.

I have two general bits of advice for anyone considering it.

First... this ain't rocket surgery (nothing vaping is, really). Our best value 10% nicotine (100mg per ml, or just "100mg") needs attention and care when handling. But that's it, no worse than say... handling bleach. Nothing else, PG VG & flavors, is even slightly hazardous.

Second... keep your early expectations reasonable. A lot of top tier juices are complex recipes with several or many accent notes... flavors you might not even taste but would notice if they were gone. It's analogous to fine cooking. You can't expect to replicate that, or even recognize the ingredients without some experience.

But it's a lot of fun learning. :p

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're a vendor? Then you'll need to chat with the forum moderators soon.

For your web pages, I didn't even read the description but...

The heads will fit in any current Kanger Sub-Tanks (Full Size, Mini, Nano, Top-Tank or Original) so specifying one in particular will confuse buyers.

Also you've used photos with different angles which make it appear they are different SSOCC heads.

Last... you've offered three resistances without specifying the wire type (Red ring NiChrome correct?), again... confusing to inexperienced buyers.

And while I suffer along knowing only one language... I wish to gawd it were required to get a native speaker to proofread the ad copy.

"Our principle is making you be an idle person of living a free life with intelligent technology."

No... just, no. :p

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently,i got confused in the SSOCC Coil Head,there are two kinds of SSOCC Coil Head with the same resistance 0.5ohm/0.15ohm/1.5ohm/1.2ohm,but one is big,another one is small.
I'm really don't know how to distinguish them,pls help me,the more detailed the better.
Thank you very much !
They are both the same basically but very annoying. Get an order in and some boxes are big and others are small. Confuses a lot of customers as well. One is new stock and others are older stock. CHEERS!

VU Sponsors