Become a Patron!

Help w/istick 50w please

lefty23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, I have a feeling I'm going to like it here. Anyway, I just got a brand new istick 50w today and I freaking love the thing. Only thing is, I've run into a problem and what's especially strange is that it involves a function I can't even find a mention of, like it doesn't exist. So when I attach a tank, the mod detects the resistance (pretty standard) but then it won't let me lower the volts past what it calculated as ideal. Thing is, this liquid will taste way better (to me, anyway) just like .1V lower. I have never seen or heard of anything like this before. Can I somehow bipass or disable this feature? Thanks in advance.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Click it three times to change it to variable voltage instead of wattage. You can change one or the other, not both.

lefty23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand the difference between volts and watts (it's not my first VW/VV device, I've been vaping for two years) the problem is, whether in VV or VW mode, I can't lower it past a certain point. For instance, in one of my protanks I have a 2.5ohm coil, and the istick won't let me lower the volts under 3.6. The tank with a 2.2ohm coil, won't let me lower it under 3.3. Normally that's fine, but with brand new coils and these particular flavors it's just a little too high, and the liquid is burning. I've looked and looked, and no one seems to even have heard of something similar. It will literally raise the voltage automatically when I put a tank on with higher resistance.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, I have a feeling I'm going to like it here. Anyway, I just got a brand new istick 50w today and I freaking love the thing. Only thing is, I've run into a problem and what's especially strange is that it involves a function I can't even find a mention of, like it doesn't exist. So when I attach a tank, the mod detects the resistance (pretty standard) but then it won't let me lower the volts past what it calculated as ideal. Thing is, this liquid will taste way better (to me, anyway) just like .1V lower. I have never seen or heard of anything like this before. Can I somehow bipass or disable this feature? Thanks in advance.
Then try using the wattage setting, and start at the lowest.

lefty23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did exactly that before I brought this question to everyone, but to no avail. I appreciate the advice, truly, but though I never figured out how to lower the voltage or wattage below the limits set by the device per resistance, the problem in this case turned out to be a bad coil (despite its being new) and even though I can't lower the voltage or wattage past a certain point, that point seems to be fine for my needs. Thanks again to all of you for your quick and helpful responses.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One other thing you might want to try is cleaning the contact on both your tank and the istick. Also make sure your tank is screwed together snugly, and the tank is screwed snugly onto the istick. Whenever I leave mine a little loose it reads the ohms wrong and increases the power. The juice and the coil burns and it's dry hit city...

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I now mine lowest I can go is two volts.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You probably need a different device if you are using high ohm atomizers or a different mod.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand the difference between volts and watts (it's not my first VW/VV device, I've been vaping for two years) the problem is, whether in VV or VW mode, I can't lower it past a certain point. For instance, in one of my protanks I have a 2.5ohm coil, and the istick won't let me lower the volts under 3.6. The tank with a 2.2ohm coil, won't let me lower it under 3.3. Normally that's fine, but with brand new coils and these particular flavors it's just a little too high, and the liquid is burning. I've looked and looked, and no one seems to even have heard of something similar. It will literally raise the voltage automatically when I put a tank on with higher resistance.

Both sets of numbers you mention (2.2 ohm vs 3.3 volts, and 2.5 ohm vs 3.6 volts) calculate to right around 5 watts. I believe that is the lower limit on that device.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, it's feature not a vice. It won't adjust down OR up past the voltage limitations of the chip. A lot of cheap mods will let you set a wattage that is out of range and display the correct voltage number on the screen while they are firing something very different.

VU Sponsors