Become a Patron!

Help! The Recurve RDA cap definitely leaks.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I've been loving the simplicity & flavor of the Recurve for a couple months now, but it ALWAYS leaves a puddle on the 510.

Now, originally I assumed this was *MY* fault, as I've been using the DS-style I hacked almost exclusively. You know.. Perhaps the seal isn't tight, etc? I was wrong.

Now, my new Basium arrived today, (thanks again @gadget!), and there I was, chugging along with a smile... and I feel a drip on my hand. Yep. The Recurve is leaking on a pristine mod.

I surrender. wtf. Someone must know how to make this thing stop leaking out the bottom edges of the cap.. Anyone?

I slapped the Wasp Nano (with a shorty DT) on the Basium and it's back to chugging along and no drizzle/puddle.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, I'll dig out the box and try that - love the flavor and the rest - getting tired of puddles.

edit: well, I dug 'em out - both senses of the phrase - and swapped 'em. We'll see how that flies tonight.

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Heartsdelight - well, it's been a day. No leaks, (I did tip it too far after a squonk once and got some drips at the air-intake, but that's my fault).

Thanks. Now I gotta' figure out who carries spare rings: not sure I ever want to trust the originals again, although I will let them "rest" for now - they sometimes 'recover'.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Heartsdelight - well, it's been a day. No leaks, (I did tip it too far after a squonk once and got some drips at the air-intake, but that's my fault).

Thanks. Now I gotta' figure out who carries spare rings: not sure I ever want to trust the originals again, although I will let them "rest" for now - they sometimes 'recover'.
Yay!!! You can measure them. Inner diameter & thickness. Then buy @ oring store online.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also started having issues with "Check Atomizer" on the Basium.. They went away when I backed off the atty, so.... I went ahead and slipped a 510 oring over the threaded 510 - it forces the atty to sit proud a mm or so, but it also seals the squonk-pins & "Check atomizer" seems to have gone away.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I also started having issues with "Check Atomizer" on the Basium.. They went away when I backed off the atty, .

that's funny, I have been having the same problem with a VCMT on my Cylone. I put a spacer, no good. seems when it is tightened, that's when I get the problem.

VU Sponsors