Become a Patron!

Help someone!

So i got smok xpro m80, and today i was changeing my atomizer smoks own a1 1.2ohms and i put it on and it went to hot red in seconds as i tryed to vape it.. my old same atomizer dosent do it.. wtf AND yes im not useing tempture mode. i tryed to vape on wattage mode and mech mode.. same thing happened.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What watt setting are you on? Should be real low for a 1.2 head like 10 ~14.
Also did you prime the wick by saturating it with juice before you fired it?

i use the setting that is allowed 10-25w, i didnt prime the wick before hand.. i just let it absorb the juice from the tank for a while, like 10 to 15 minutes or so, im gonna try to wet it more before i try this again

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a quick search of teh googles, it looks like the a1 is being advertised as having a juice flow control system. I'm not familiar with this or how it would work, but is it possible you've got it closed off?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not up to date with the M80's , but I have seen some threads in the VV area that say there have been some issues with this mod. Maybe you want to read some of those threads as well, Good luck!!

No no, its open... im new to mods.. meaby i just didnt get the cotton wet.. ill try to dip it literally later.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow you sure picked a sizable mod for being a new vaper, Hopefully you read up on all the safety precautions to follow with them:)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Letting it sit for 10 min is fine, I speed up the process by dripping juice on it before installing.

It may very well be that you have the juice control closed off and don't know it. That will lead to a hot burnt vape for sure.

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you could have gotten a bad coil head as well if your old one works fine and this one doesn't...if you have another extra I would prime it and try that as well, starting at the lowest wattage recommended setting and slowly working your watts up to where you like it....all mass produced factory coil heads are going to have bad ones slip threw QC if they're QC'd at all....I've gotten entire 5 packs of both Aerotank heads and Nautilus's old style dual coil heads that were complete junk and I've gotten 5 packs of Nautilus BVC heads as well as old school single coil protank heads where a singe head lasted a month with every day use...sadly, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

I wish you the best of luck and happier, better vaping :)

VU Sponsors