Become a Patron!

Help second hand vapor with wife please

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
So I just built my first set of coils for in my orginal goon rda. While I'm vaping away. My wife walks in and said why is it so smoky in here? I argue and say it is not smoke but water vapor. Please someone chime in and tell her it's not smoke. And that second hand vape is not going to harm her.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second hand vapor is not nearly as bad as second hand smoke.
And I doubt that second hand smoke is as bad as it is made out to be.
However to say it is totally harmless is incorrect in my opinion.

Just like vaping is far safer than smoking but not safer than not vaping or smoking.

Again just my opinion I am not a doctor nor have I stayed at a Holiday in Express nor played a doctor on TV.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Second hand vapor is only as hazardous or less than actually inhaling it or even less which is at least 95% safer than smoking

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a little room fan and crack a window open?

It's your wife, not a co-worker or a buddy-pal, so the difference in opinion can be harder to sway. Instead of trying to reverse the way she thinks about the vape cloud haze (and please believe that I know all about confrontations with a wife over this), do something about the thing she's complaining about and it'll go much further than sitting her down for a powerpoint presentation and a lecture.

A desk fan and cracking the window open didn't eliminate the cloud haze that she hated. There's still a low hanging haze at the end of the night, it's not much smaller than it was when it was an "issue." It did, however, show her that I was taking her opinion about it (i.e. 'I don't like this haze he's producing') and doing something about it.

...or... she's just given up on it. I mean, a notch in the win column is a notch in the win column, I guess.

Pepper in some stats and sources about how it's not a poisonous cancer fog ("here babe, I'll text you a link to some study that was done, made me more comfortable about it, check it out").

Something something 4d-chess something something...

Good luck :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Sweetie also vapes but my chain vaping and fogging out a room bugs her and there is only one way I have found for me to be able to vape and her not to give me some some loving biotching. I still vape but hold it in until almost nothing comes out. Good nicotine rush! Good Luck making the woman happy!

God made man to spend his life trying to please his woman........

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could try a lower VG juice it would lessen the clouds.

That would be my suggestion as well, and also if she's around, vape MtL at lower power to create less fog. Apparently fogging up the whole damn house is "fun," but if it causes problems with the mate.... how fun is THAT?

The vapor we create won't HARM anyone, but it definitely annoys a lot of people, and if you just brush aside her annoyance, you're showing you don't really care how she feels -- and I guarantee she won't like THAT. Plus, VG leaves a sticky residue on everything, just as cigarette smoke did, and if she's the one who does most of the housecleaning, she won't like that either -- PG doesn't cause that kind of film.

I'm a low-power MtL vaper, but my husband has been known to do the arm-waving maneuver if my wisps block his view of the TV. :D Also -- my all-day-vape is an absolute gunk MONSTER, and when I used to vape it in a tank, the huge amount of backwash from the coil would cause the tank contents to start turning brown, and my husband informed me that it smelled like "burnt shit." So, I switched to an RDA; it holds just 2.5ml, so I don't have to constantly drip, but it doesn't hold enough for the gunk to become an olfactory problem -- and he's much happier with it now.

That study that CountryPami linked to *could* set her mind at ease about any imagined harm from vapor -- there is none -- but it doesn't really address the annoyance of a non-vaper being forced to live in a foggy house because the vaper won't modify.

Andria

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just built my first set of coils for in my orginal goon rda. While I'm vaping away. My wife walks in and said why is it so smoky in here? I argue and say it is not smoke but water vapor. Please someone chime in and tell her it's not smoke. And that second hand vape is not going to harm her.

For sure, it's not smoke. For sure, second hand vapor is not a health issue for any healthy person. No, it's not just water vapor, there are other chemicals besides H2O in it, but they are not a health issue that I worry about even when my grandsons are here.

Having said that, she is your wife and I have to agree with the folks that are suggesting to make her feel more at ease with her perceived issues, regardless of your opinion about it. Once she knows you will respect her opinion instead of trying to force her to change her mind, she may well be more open to re-evaluating her opinion as she becomes more educated about the topic.

Best of luck with it :cool:

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Thanks all she is definitely at ease on the second hand vape. She was the one that said prove it. what made this whole thing even get this far was she said I should just start smoking cigs again. That there is less smoke. Tried explaining that 2nd hand vape is no where near the same. That cigs suck blah blah blah . But really thanks for chiming in. Knowledge is power!! Unless your married and now I have a reason. To make a vape den.

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
1. Second hand vapor is not smoke.
2. Second hand vapor is not just water vapor. Rather it is a combination of water vapor with trace amounts of pg, vg, and flavoring agents.
3. Second hand vapor is not harmful to humans who are otherwise healthy.

I would suggest installing an exhaust fan in your vaping area which can be as simple as buying a window fan at the local hardware place and fitting it into your handy dandy window. Does it eliminate the problem? Probably not. Does it show you're taking her concerns into consideration? Yes. But this is coming from someone who has had cloud competitions with his husband, and whose mother also vapes, so take it with a grain of nicotine salt.

VU Sponsors