Become a Patron!

Help pick my mod.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
they didn't have the ipv4 instock if i remember. these were in stock as far as I know sure as hell wasn't pre-order or pre-sale I wouldn't have gave them the time of day for that nonsense.
I will never do a presale or a preorder ever again. That was one of the worst experiences ordering a product.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As with all things there are a couple little annoyances with it but nothing deal breaking or anything. Adjusting settings can be a bit of a pain initially. When adjusting wattage in TC mode if you overshoot you can't go backwards. You have to cycle through the range and back again. Once dialed in you can move the temp setting backwards and forwards though when not in "settings" mode for lack of a better term.

The battery life is really good. The mod has good weight and feel to it. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm sure you guys will dig it.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is power mode?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How is power mode?

It's sufficient for my tank use. Primarily with a Billow V2 when I have Kanthal in it. It's easier from a settings perspective since it's basically power and that's it. It adjusts backwards and forwards in .1 increments.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It also has a setting where you can change from battery meter, or time, or puff count. I just leave it on battery though.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the Intel brother! Def worth the buy? If so which subtank should I be getting? I like my really low builds. I currently have a .11 in my atty on my ipv4. Do the subtanks come low like that?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the Intel brother! Def worth the buy? If so which subtank should I be getting? I like my really low builds. I currently have a .11 in my atty on my ipv4. Do the subtanks come low like that?

Sure man np. I haven't been disappointed. It has some wattage limitations depending on how low you go. Anything below .25 in power mode will result in 50-55w max. Anything above .25-1ohm will give you 60w. The lowest supported is .15 in power mode. TC mode is good down to .05.

I personally think this mod is more geared towards TC. Pretty obvious I guess considering the full kit comes with nickel and titanium coils only lol. I've been using the Smok TCT. I love the tank on all my TC mods. While I usually prefer to build coils I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the Smok Ni coils. I've run 95/5 VG in it and have never gotten a dry hit of any kind. The tanks got a great price point too imo.

I didn't go for the full kit cause I wouldn't use the tank anyway. I'm to happy with the TCT at the moment. I've got several other tanks on the way though so who knows. May change at any point lol.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your honesty bro. You pretty much sold me on it lol. I'll just have to brush up on builds with TC since it goes lower than it would with PM. I keep hearing about the smoke TCT so I suppose I'll get that as well.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for your honesty bro. You pretty much sold me on it lol. I'll just have to brush up on builds with TC since it goes lower than it would with PM. I keep hearing about the smoke TCT so I suppose I'll get that as well.

It's a great tank. I get a lot of use out of the coils before needing to change them. Only drawback is having to buy coils BUT supposedly Smok has an RTA section in the works that should round it out nicely. You get three sets of orings (red, black, & green) an extra Pyrex tank, drIp tip (w/ adjustable air flow if memory serves) & 2 coils with the TCT. Not bad for the $30 or so price point.

I don't want to start some TC debate here. Not the place. But, flavor is at a whole new level.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Indeed. High vg juice capabilities in that tank?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Indeed. High vg juice capabilities in that tank?

Yes that's a major requirement for me. I've run max VG with no issues whatsoever. Just charge the coil with juice before firing it on first coil use to be safe.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I get my tank and mod I will hit you and dre about the tank and mod for further help. I don't want to blow up the op's thread here lol

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly the smok tct is my fav temp sense tank as of right now. my 90% vg juices are wicking great. Smok may not know how to make a temp sensing mod ,but they sure know how to make a great tank IMO

This just popped on my radar today
Edit: Forgot to add source

Smok-TFV4-Tank3.jpg

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly the smok tct is my fav temp sense tank as of right now. my 90% vg juices are wicking great. Smok may not know how to make a temp sensing mod ,but they sure know how to make a great tank IMO

Smok-TFV4-Tank3.jpg
Like I told my buddy kaboom I am super interested in subtanks as of late. He suggested that one as well. So looks like I'm in good hands with the amounts of knowledge you, kaboom, and dre have. Look forward to talking to each of you about this stuff :)

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Smok-TFV4-Tank3.jpg

Hmmmm. Interesting.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are those little things next to the tank? And why are they interesting lol? Are they something new and improved?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are those little things next to the tank? And why are they interesting lol? Are they something new and improved?
I forgot to add source but edited the post above with it. some new coils and rebuildables

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im off to send some hate mail to Gearworst want my damn mod already.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that with or with out lube??? lol

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely without bro lol. They deserve a nice raw bareback lmao

Eric0726

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still waiting for gearworst to ship mine out over 2 weeks now I am not amused.:mad:
As of a few days ago gearbest said it would be up to two weeks before they are in stock.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here is one of the mods I really liked, but didnt find any good reviews on it.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/project-sub-ohm™-briefcase-tc-50-watt-box-mod-53-99-fs.91114/

I ordered the evic from them too. Ordered the night the thing went on sale - still hasnt shipped. They reponded me to asking about it only saying i could pick a different mod, get a refund, or wait for it to come in stock. I asked for a refund but nothing yet.
That looks to be a rebranded SMY 60. Vapor DNA does this with many mods for their project subohm stuff.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As of a few days ago gearbest said it would be up to two weeks before they are in stock.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
When I ordered it over 2 weeks ago they had 70 something in stock If it's in stock it should be instock not a pre-order. Gearworst must be ran by a bunch of fucktards....

@GearBest this is for you!
image.gif

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only angelcigs and wakeandvape answer forums lol. Gearbest is the worst service ever! I don't understand why they get so much attention. Do other people realize the inconvenience they cause their customers. No offense but not everyone here gets first batches....

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FML just got a response from staff over there, The shit was instock when I purchased it so explain how this kinda shit happens.

Thank you very much for contacting GearBest. We are so sorry for this delay.

Unfortunately, your order is not ready yet because this item is on the way back in stock for now. We wish to apologize unreservedly for this situation.

Regarding item(s):
We expect to receive the goods in 5 to 7 days . We have 3 options to offer:

1. We kindly ask you to wait. Once we receive the stock from the vendor,we will ship your package immediately.

2. Change the item,please browse our website to find a similar item here http://www.gearbest.com/ and send us the link(url) of the item you would like instead by replying to this message).

3. Cancel the item and we will refund you $ 54.51 USD on your wallet future purchase.
We will do our best to help you.

We wish to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.

Best Regards

Winifred
GearBest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah wow great customer service....wait, get another shitty item (wait some more), or cancel the order.....they should have said we will expedite shipment on us for the lying....

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That company baits people in with prices....they get a shit ton of orders and can't fill them....I'm under the impression those numbers for presales and preorders are just generated to bolster themselves

Winifred from Hong Kong? Lol give me a break....

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapenw has the full kit for 64.99 and the express for 49.99

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And they're stateside

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hehe glad your enjoying bro!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is that ego one tank worth the extra cash? what about the ego one clr rebuilbable is that worth a lick?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just went with the express kit cause I didn't see myself using the included tank w/ other better options available. Just a personal opinion. Only thing I didn't get included was the tank obviously and the wall adapter. I wouldn't have used that either so it was a good deal at $50 ish.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
is that ego one tank worth the extra cash? what about the ego one clr rebuilbable is that worth a lick?

Try a Goblin Mini. I've got one on the way. @dre seems to dig it after some base work on the finish.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have read into that tank some seems good.
I have my eye on that morph tank from ephro just waiting to hear more reviews

Yeah that looks nice. Haven't seen much on it. I went ahead and preordered that Smok you linked to. Looking forward to trying that at some point.

The OBS T-VCT looks nice as well and I'm always a fan of the 6ml capacity and still staying at a decent size.

Yeah I feel your pain. The addiction is real!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
where did you order it from? eta to you?

VU Sponsors