1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

Help needed !

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by roeun81, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. roeun81

roeun81

Blog Posts:
    Who using Tesla steampunk nano 120 watts . Can u set plain kanthal wire in Tcr mod ? I love the mod in Ss with temp mod 350 -500 degrees Fahrenheit . I got Goon Rda with Simple 24/26 gauge wire coils @ .2- .5 0hm build oh yeah . Nice in cool vapor lol .

2. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, Kanthal doesn't work in TC mode on that mod.

KingPin!, gakudzu and SnapDragon NY like this.
  3. roeun81

roeun81

Blog Posts:
    I was asking about Tcr for Steampunk Nano ? I know temp Control is !

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  5. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You can use kanthal in the steampunk nano in watts mode but not in temp control.

KingPin! and gakudzu like this.
  6. Mike H.

Mike H. Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Kanthal works in most all regular power modes as far as i know..unless it specifically says you CANT use kanthal with that device then you should be able to. (Power mode only..no tc or tcr )

If you want something thats works with kanthal in TC mode look at the Hohm slice or the Hohm g2.

7. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    TCR is just a more customizable version of temp control. But you still can't use kanthol with it.

KingPin! and MWorthington like this.
  8. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Inspects actually gave you the right answer there he wasn't being rude ;) instead of selecting a preset wire type you can manually dial in a metal using its TCR for temp control

The TCR for kanthal is 0.000002 way to low for nearly every mod out there much like NI80 it's resistence hardly changes when heated ....so you will be resigned to power mode on the nano using kanthal

Grab yourself some stainless steel wire and you can use it in both TC and Power modes 316L is widely popular...I run my 316L at 0.00088 but lots of people go by 0.00092

gakudzu, xpen, inspects and 1 other person like this.
  9. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    And I've even seen a couple of people set it as high as .00101 but it's rare. Some mods with wonky tc have to go off book to get a half decent vape in temp control with a non-standard tcr.

gakudzu, KingPin! and inspects like this.
  10. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I set it to 0.00120 for SS316L on my Alien, and it's much more...stable?...I guess is the best way to describe it. Still not totally consistent, but doesn't try to throat rape me anymore lol. I think it was Daniel @DJLSB that started recommending that for the Alien.

inspects, KingPin! and MWorthington like this.
  11. roeun81

roeun81

Blog Posts:
    Sorry for Burning a match stick Peeps . I respect all vaper on here . I just start build coils in 2015-2016 . Now I try them bigger fancy build . Fused . Stapled staggered lol .