Become a Patron!

Help me find a box mod

Nothing

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need a box mod, preferably dual battery 18650.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im willing to look at all possibilities, please nothing too expensive.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
iStick 50w

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my SMOK XPRO M80 for a few days and it hasn't blown up so I take that as a positive sign. It has dual 18650s installed, so no need to buy batteries. And it has temp control, which you might never use--but just in case you do, you already have it. Price plus shipping will be about $60 (MVS sold out fast but good deals are still to be had). For the $60 price range, if you want temp control (a good idea even if you don't use it) there are a few choices, and more choices around the corner. At present there are clones of the Vapor Flask and Hana Modz, and there is the XPro. There's also a clone of the Vapor Shark, but it costs closer to $70...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sigelei 100 or 150 watt.

With the Istick and similare mods where you can't swap out or change the battery when it dies, IMHO you are not purchasing the device. You are renting it and the rental agreement expires when the battery does since at that point you are left with a paperweight.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How much is too much? I personally would stay away from temp control if I wasn't intending to use it, as generally speaking things can go wrong with a part of a chip you are not using and cause problems for functions you are using.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had my SMOK XPRO M80 for a few days and it hasn't blown up so I take that as a positive sign. It has dual 18650s installed, so no need to buy batteries. And it has temp control, which you might never use--but just in case you do, you already have it. Price plus shipping will be about $60 (MVS sold out fast but good deals are still to be had). For the $60 price range, if you want temp control (a good idea even if you don't use it) there are a few choices, and more choices around the corner. At present there are clones of the Vapor Flask and Hana Modz, and there is the XPro. There's also a clone of the Vapor Shark, but it costs closer to $70...
You may want to read the news on the manufacturers site. I wouldn't try temprature control mode until you update the device! Personally I'm seriously considering getting one in a couple of months.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sigelei 100 or 150 watt.

With the Istick and similare mods where you can't swap out or change the battery when it dies, IMHO you are not purchasing the device. You are renting it and the rental agreement expires when the battery does since at that point you are left with a paperweight.
TRUTH!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the Smok XPro M80 you can replace the batteries if you have some soldering ability. I saw one taken apart and looks like putting new batteries in wouldn't be beyond my abilities. I do wish they wouldn't have soldered them in but again... that's something I could address when changing time comes. Heck, at the rate things are going with mods I probably would want something else when that time comes.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still daily driving my 1st gen Sigelei 100 and zero complaints. If I had it all to do over again I'd get a 100+ or a 150 just because they're newer versions than what was available a few months back, doubt you'll go wrong with either of those...

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw today that Pioneer4you is rolling out temp control with their iPV4 (100 watt box mod with the updatable YiHi SX330 V4S) this month. Eciggity is doing pre-orders for $95!

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sigelei 150W or 100W plus

i have a 150W and love it!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not trying to hijack the thread... But... Could someone please tell me why I would ever need more than 100 watts?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have also heard you are better off running a mod at less then max capacity anyways....like better to run a 100W mod @ 50Ws then to run a 50W mod at 50W

kinda like a car, a corvette made to do almost 200mph is going to easing a long at 70mph down the road better than a small econo car that tops out at 90mph trying to drive down the highway at 70mph all wound out

I have a 150W mod, i have run at 150W just tor try it.but mostly i put a subtank on it @ 22-25W, or RDA 35-45W for most of them, one does better at 50W, and my arctic tank at about 65-75W

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm with these guys. If you're looking for cheap and long battery life iStick 50W all day. Non-replaceable batteries are a bit of a con but with the other boxes mentioned if you're just getting started and don't have a good battery charger already you've got to figure that price in ($20-40) plus the price of 4 18650 batteries (since you want two married pairs for any dual box). The iStick comes with everything you need to plug in and vape. Just my .02

watts like horse power, condoms and guns.
Better to have and not need than need and not have.

Haha I love that quote man.

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigelei 150W. I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. It's clean, looks good, pretty good size, and is consistent. I am glad I went with Sigelei.

With that being said, and I don't want to hijack this thread but looks like a good place to ask, but since buying my Sigelei 150 I have been in the market for a smaller, on the go mod, preferably at least 50W, 18650 changeable battery. The Sig 150 is great for at home, but I want something smaller for when I'm out. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the iStick 50W? Seems like the market is flooded with devices right now and I have no idea what to get. Had my eye on the Sigelei 50W, IPV mini, Smok m50, etc.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 150W. I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. It's clean, looks good, pretty good size, and is consistent. I am glad I went with Sigelei.

With that being said, and I don't want to hijack this thread but looks like a good place to ask, but since buying my Sigelei 150 I have been in the market for a smaller, on the go mod, preferably at least 50W, 18650 changeable battery. The Sig 150 is great for at home, but I want something smaller for when I'm out. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the iStick 50W? Seems like the market is flooded with devices right now and I have no idea what to get. Had my eye on the Sigelei 50W, IPV mini, Smok m50, etc.

I've got a Smok XPRO BT50 that I love! I have kind of a hard time recommending Smok box mods though, their record is pretty spotty. Mine is great but they've discontinued it. Can't give any personal experience with it but I've been eyeballing the updated Sig 50W - spring loaded 510 and magnetic battery door for the win.

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got a Smok XPRO BT50 that I love! I have kind of a hard time recommending Smok box mods though, their record is pretty spotty. Mine is great but they've discontinued it. Can't give any personal experience with it but I've been eyeballing the updated Sig 50W - spring loaded 510 and magnetic battery door for the win.

Yea I've heard about Smok and it is kind of concerning. I think their new mods looks nice. The only thing I don't like about the Sigelei 50 is the price and the battery door. It's $90 bucks, only 10 or 20 dollars cheaper than the 100 and 150!? That seems a little off. And the battery door is magnetic, but one end is held down by a screw and you slide it out to the side and put your battery in. Or at least this is what I have seen from pictures.

I really don't know what to get, the iStick 50 is not out of the picture, but I like the idea of changing my 18650 batteries on my own, because i have a bunch of unmarried bats lying around now.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what about a mech mod?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I've heard about Smok and it is kind of concerning. I think their new mods looks nice. The only thing I don't like about the Sigelei 50 is the price and the battery door. It's $90 bucks, only 10 or 20 dollars cheaper than the 100 and 150!? That seems a little off. And the battery door is magnetic, but one end is held down by a screw and you slide it out to the side and put your battery in. Or at least this is what I have seen from pictures.

I really don't know what to get, the iStick 50 is not out of the picture, but I like the idea of changing my 18650 batteries on my own, because i have a bunch of unmarried bats lying around now.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Sig, yeah it's a bit more expensive but for a "mini-ish" mod it seems to be reliable, well built and work as advertised. I'm sure if you look around it can be found cheaper but one thing I've learned is you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to vape gear. Spend a little bit more now so you don't have to replace it in a few weeks when the board melts or the screen blows out lol

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what about a mech mod?

Ya know I've always thought about getting a mech because i love the look of them and the form factor, but I just can't justify it with all of the other regulated devices that are out right now. I like being protected lol. I think I will add one to my arsenal eventually. But seriously, not trying to stir the pot, what are the actual advantages of a mech?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya know I've always thought about getting a mech because i love the look of them and the form factor, but I just can't justify it with all of the other regulated devices that are out right now. I like being protected lol. I think I will add one to my arsenal eventually. But seriously, not trying to stir the pot, what are the actual advantages of a mech?
you can get them cheap and since they are unregulated you have not wattage limit other than how low you can safely build on the batteries you use

for the price of pretty much any 50W mod you can get a mech mod, charger, and battery

good charger is around $35
good batteries are $10-12ea
a good ohm reader less than $20 (if you have regulated devices that will check for shorts and tell you resistance, this is not needed, but nice to have)
you can pick up a clone mech mod for less than $20

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
most people would argue that the simplicity and lack of electronics to fail are the best reason to get a mech, and how reliable they can be.

but i find that all my mechs have a little minor quirks* that make them less than perfect (not big deals most of the time)

i love using my mech mods, but all my sig 150 is far easier to use

*the quirks may be due to the fact that most my mech mods are chinese clones and not high dollar authentics

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get yoself a mile high mod! It's fucking huge, but there is no doubt in my mind that this thing will last for damn near ever. A very high quality item for certain users. You could get a flask also, and I fucking love my sx mini. But that's a single, never mind.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
most people would argue that the simplicity and lack of electronics to fail are the best reason to get a mech, and how reliable they can be.

but i find that all my mechs have a little minor quirks* that make them less than perfect (not big deals most of the time)

i love using my mech mods, but all my sig 150 is far easier to use

*the quirks may be due to the fact that most my mech mods are chinese clones and not high dollar authentics
Dunno quirks are one thing....Just shoddy self nuking shorting mods are another.
My chi you... up need to keep the atty .5 and above.
My nemy first one had some flashing arc and melt, my 101 brass has been rock solid and same with my brass v2 hades.
KTS melted on contact with a battery.
Silver bullet is biting the bullet.

My VTR is still solid as hell, but loathe I need to keep it above a certain ohm to get it to work... just not into tanks.

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The argument for getting a mech is impressive, but other than the looks, for me at least, I just don't think I like the whole idea of them. I'm a box mod guy, what can i say!

With that being said, I am down to the Sigelei 50w V2 and the IPV mini II 70w. Price is about the same, IPV may be 10 bucks cheaper depending where i get it, but I am the fence man and I can't get off. I can't make a decision. I will never vape at 70 watts on 1 battery so that doesn't matter to me, it basically comes down to whether or not I want another box, or whatever you call the IPV.

I'm the type of person who will sit here and stare at them on my computer for days on end, comparing, reading judging, until I literally don't want either one any more. I need to pull the trigger soon....

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Splurge my good man. Treat yourself right today. The world is your oyster, and.you only live.once. Lord your superior intelligence and.huge Johnson over all those foolish mortals.who would dare to attempt.to to make quite pathetic wisps of vape in your general area. Get.thee the SX MINI . You want some, YOU GET SOME! My work is done here. I'm gonna go.run my goblin.at.like 55W, see if I can get on weather channel.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've decided and pulled the trigger... iPV4 for me $63 on a group buy through Smog Distribution.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my 150 ordered up now the postal disservice is the stumbling block.. it was supposed to have been here Sat. still showing in transit.

VU Sponsors