Become a Patron!

Help me choose my first squonk mod. Feedback needed please; FOUND AND PURCHASED

I'm looking at getting single 21700 with good capacity. I’m a bigger guy so good durability would help also as a drop/ knock over may happen here or there. I am on midrange budget for now and would like something generally hand sized.
Like the looks of SQ top fill, what about that one?
What are some other choices for a well built good firing mod? Can be printed.
I'm in USA also.

Thank you for any help provided

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2. In fact, I have 3 of them that I use. They are a good durable budget mod to use. They use a single 21700 battery dropped into the top under a screw on cap. The juice bottle is easy to fill, and comes out by removing a door that takes some pressure to release, so it won't just fall off, nor does it require too much effort.
They way I vape, by the time I run out of juice, it's time to change the battery.

I tried several other squonk mods, and this is my favorite so far.

I hope this helps.

I will look into it. I have a stubby 21 and want to try to keep the progression going and I believe that leads to a squonk as I can add more e juice as desired. How is the durability? What ohm and wattage are you generally running? If you could pick a replacement squonk or a desired squonk you want what would it be? I do appreciate your input and value it so thank you.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What about Empire Squonk Mod?
Personally like it's look.
Aluminum
It won't function well left handed tho. And the fill method....I'd use a fill bottle.
Capacity is decent.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2. In fact, I have 3 of them that I use. They are a good durable budget mod to use. They use a single 21700 battery
*sits reading, jots notes, goes "Hmm."*
*reads more, shakes head, sighs* It looks nice, really does. It retails a bit much, though. Of course, guess the argument of "get what you pay for" would apply. *nods, rubs chin beard*

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
yeah, atm free rda w/it, 28mm so wont fit,,,but free! and 15% code, no shipping sig fee

I like it but only with a fill bottle...
Dont want to fool around every 4-5 hrs with something ill drop, and have to have something nearby to wipe it off or worse take the bottle out to clean

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah, atm free rda w/it, 28mm so wont fit,,,but free! and 15% code, no shipping sig fee

I like it but only with a fill bottle...
Dont want to fool around every 4-5 hrs with something ill drop, and have to have something nearby to wipe it off
Still got a few squonkers here. Always nice to look at different ones. Not too keen on those auto-squnkers. *divorces batteries in the Drone, swaps back to the black SQ* Used a regulated one for all of two days. Hmm, felt sick.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know ... *pointing to his skull" all in my head. LOL

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a mech, you looking for regulated or mech?
Sadly not a lot of choices either way.

Empire is kinda pricey for not having a DNA chip. Speaking of chip, quite a few complaints about the battery management over on reddit for what it's worth. Apparently it throttles down pretty hard when battery drops below 50%. Some DOA chips too. For those reasons, I'm out.

Lost Vape Centaurus BF if you can find one. Not a huge fan of the bottle, a bit fiddly as well but good hand feel and vapes well, Quest chip is good.

Not a Vandy Vape fan but for price and availability maybe a Pulse 3? I have a V2 in the emergency box, never used it or any Pulse for that matter. Not sure what all the version differences are. It's fairly cheap and available at least.

My favorites for a single coil 40-50 watt.
21700:
Dovpo Topside 90 watt
LV Centaurus BF
Pico Squeeze 2
Desire Cut

18650:
LV Therion BF

Probably have 25 total of those, :rolleyes:
Everything else hit the road....

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If durability is a concern and money is not, lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like Elementvape.com has both the LV Centaurus Quest BF and the Pulse V3. I like my LVCQ BF.

Have ordered a BP Mods Tomahawk but don't have it yet. It's 18650 anyway.

Favorite squonkers these days are the LV Therion BF w/VC Asgard Mini, and VV Requiem mech kit.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Favorite regulated- none
Favorite mech- all 😁😁
Kidding aside, regulated just not for me, no help there. As far as the Sq topside goes, I do like mine, but waaay prefer the SQ 217. Smaller, lighter, and with the bottle system the way it is, the topside does not empty well, imo. So just as much capacity in the 217
I'm an 18650 guy, but the 217 is one of few 21700 that stays in my rotation

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Elementvape.com has both the LV Centaurus Quest BF and the Pulse V3. I like my LVCQ BF.
Wow, surprised they still have the LV. Pretty much gone everywhere..
I like mine alot too and that SS /Croc is sharp. I have a SS still sealed and you know I bought a bunch of spare bottles..
:wait: :giggle:
If you need one, I'm your Huckleberry ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
waaay prefer the SQ 217. Smaller, lighter, and with the bottle system the way it is, the topside does not empty well, imo. So just as much capacity in the 217
I'm an 18650 guy, but the 217 is one of few 21700 that stays in my rotation

Guess I'll be saving nickles after all. Been eyeballing the SQ topside 217 for a while, now. Reading your praise of it cinches my decision. "Got to get at least one." The hold up really has been not wanting to go to 21700 batteries. Similar to you, I'm an 18650'er. Then again, it is SQ.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'll be saving nickles after all. Been eyeballing the SQ topside 217 for a while, now. Reading your praise of it cinches my decision. "Got to get at least one." The hold up really has been not wanting to go to 21700 batteries. Similar to you, I'm an 18650'er. Then again, it is SQ.
Well, maybe save some nickels. That being said, the 18650 SQ is still my favorite 🤷😁😁

Personally like it's look.
Aluminum
It won't function well left handed tho. And the fill method....I'd use a fill bottle.
Capacity is decent.
O very nice actually!! This with a nitrous rda or would another rda suit this better? Trying to keep in modest within the hand

Still got a few squonkers here. Always nice to look at different ones. Not too keen on those auto-squnkers. *divorces batteries in the Drone, swaps back to the black SQ* Used a regulated one for all of two days. Hmm, felt sick.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know ... *pointing to his skull" all in my head. LOL
Yea no auto squonk wanted. Also prefer to to have Mech mod. Single coil. Other person said an empire it looks pretty solid

That's a mech, you looking for regulated or mech?
Sadly not a lot of choices either way.

Empire is kinda pricey for not having a DNA chip. Speaking of chip, quite a few complaints about the battery management over on reddit for what it's worth. Apparently it throttles down pretty hard when battery drops below 50%. Some DOA chips too. For those reasons, I'm out.

Lost Vape Centaurus BF if you can find one. Not a huge fan of the bottle, a bit fiddly as well but good hand feel and vapes well, Quest chip is good.

Not a Vandy Vape fan but for price and availability maybe a Pulse 3? I have a V2 in the emergency box, never used it or any Pulse for that matter. Not sure what all the version differences are. It's fairly cheap and available at least.

My favorites for a single coil 40-50 watt.
21700:
Dovpo Topside 90 watt
LV Centaurus BF
Pico Squeeze 2
Desire Cut

18650:
LV Therion BF

Probably have 25 total of those, :rolleyes:
Everything else hit the road....
Regulated a bit nervous for Mech. The newer empires haven’t fixed the issue with battery?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Isn’t it plastic tho?
3D printed. Stable. I bet they'd survive drops.
Black and grey color are solid color all the way through.
Other colors are dyed, but doesn't mean it will rub off.
Rebel does say black and grey are higher premium plastic.
After all that, I'd pick the color I wanted lol.

Can't beat DNA for a chip.
Want more batt life? Adjust the cutoff voltage.
Want the same hit every time, Replay.
Want to improve or eliminate ramp up? Boost the wattage for the first couple however long you want.
I like those features the most, and the way it fires.
There's more, if you want to get into it.
Can't do all that with any other chip.
Not to mention the outstanding warranty, customer service, and where the chip's made ;)

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The newer empires haven’t fixed the issue with battery?
Not that I'm aware of.
Two important things for me:
1 Minimal movement in your hand from squonk position and firing position. I prefer bottle up front, sqeeze with your fingers, and fire with thumb or finger.
I don't like any side bottle mods if I can't easily reach the bottle, which is the case on all regulated that I've tried. Little 18650 mechs are a different animal.
But that's me not everyone. I don't ever want to have to look at it or drop it just from using it.

2 It will get knocked around and beat up especially at work, and I can't care when it does. My DNA mods are coffee table queens, everyone else takes a beating.

Yes I have a little bias against Andy Ape from some past products and would only use my Pulse as a last option. From all I've seen it's a work horse, performs well, and has alot of people that like it. Also cheap and available.
Even though Element is full retail and twice what I paid for my Centaurus BF's I would be very tempted.
For a first squonk might pick up a Pulse and watch for the LV second hand. A Nitrous would be good choice as well.
As always, one person's opinion, hope it helps...

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Own it. Gonna sell it. He doesn't want it. (shameless plug. SS/blue LOL)

Got a blue one BOB? :teehee:
Wow really? Tempted but I have 3....
and these favorites just keep taking said beating over and over, day in and day out. Bullet proof as long as you take care of the door and don't overfill them and juice your board :giggle:
20230709_072307~2.jpg

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I'm looking at getting single 21700 with good capacity. I’m a bigger guy so good durability would help also as a drop/ knock over may happen here or there. I am on midrange budget for now and would like something generally hand sized.
What are some other choices for a well built good firing mod? Can be printed.
I'm in USA also.

Thank you for any help provided

VU Sponsors