Become a Patron!

Help I'm muted

Please Read all before comments because this isn't typical. I have been along time seasoned vet at diy. I lost interest in the hobby about a year ago when I got muted to flavors no matter what I did they would start strong and 4 days later I would taste little notes, even bold recipes would be reduced to minimal notes of sugar. I tried everything I could taste a new juice if i swapped for a few days. I quit and next thing you know I was back to smoking trying to stay away from that again. I just started back vaping literally 4 days ago and same exact symptom started up. Before you say it's too much sucrose or etm or percentages know this happens even with premium juices, increased or decreased percentages. I've never heard of permanent vaper's tongue any ideas?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hmm, I get vaper's tongue fairly often (I just can't help it, peach yogurt too good!) As for sucrose, there's quite a bit in most commercial juice. May seem kinda lame, but I'd say mix some without any sweetener added, and switch to a different flavor every tank. Maybe switch to a totally different flavor than what you typically vape. Not real sure, but worth a try.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since you went back to smoking you need to give your taste buds time to heal so to speak. At least that is my opinion based on my personal experience.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape multiple flavors in a day, if I vape one flavor from morning to night, it startes to lose flavor. 4 days and I would imagine that I would be completely mute to the flavor as well.

I will go from a custard/cream to a fruit vape. Custard/cream to a different custard/cream and flavors start to mute.

Mix up your flavors throughout the day is my best advice.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been vaping 5+ years. I still get vaper's tongue anytime I vape the same flavor for more than a day. I keep several setups in rotation and switch a couple times a day. This seems to keep away the vaper's tongue.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Got the same thing, tried switching flavors over the day, kept myself hydrated with water, used mouthwash more often (to a point were I considered vaping that instead lol), used menthol flavors, tried the coffee ground trick but nothing helped. Then I remembered that back in the day when I got a cough, my German grandmother would give me ricola. Yes I know they are swiss but we ignore that a second now. Anyways, so I went on the search for them, here in the states. Found em, and guess what. After every tank or two, I use one, and then vape something extremely fruity or sweet right after, before going back to my favorite. Fixes the issue for me, and yes you might go through a pack of ricola quickly, but you know, there's nothing worse then vapors tongue and going back to smoking :D try it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Brush teeth and tongue.
Go get a deep dental cleaning and get that film of tobacco out of your gob. I know it helped a ton to quit smoking.
Swish with brine.
Swap flavors often, or go flavorless.
Look at your set up it might not be a good flavor set up.

VU Sponsors