Become a Patron!

Help for a friend obtained, keeping open for her response to the generosity!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello,
This is not a PIF for myself. I recently PIF'd my Smowell Dvp-50 and a LG battery to a girl in my therapy group, she wants to stop smoking, desperately. Her name is Ashley. I have a 510 tank for her (can't recall the name, it's older uses protank heads, Pyrex wit a SS design protecting the glass). Anyway I can't can't seem to get the base off (I tried, hot water, freezer, vice) can't get it to budge! Anyway, would anyone be willing to PIF a non rebuildable, non subohm 510 (or ego with 510 adapter) tank? Something the heads won't cost an arm and a leg. She was just recently released from the hospital. And now in a group home. I want her to start off simple. I don't want her running subohm coils, or go through the hassle of learning to rebuild and wick right off the bat.

Not required entirely but I am running out of PG, I DIY and my mixes only contain PG from nic and/or flavoring. Not going to wick very well so if anyone could spare some juice that's not max VG and 12-18mg to spare I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

If needed, to ensure it gets to her other than I'm a well known subohmer , vape max VG, and 12-18mg would kill my lungs/throat.
I can get her address and send it directly to her.

I would sincerely appreciate it, and I know she would appreciate it VERY much!
Even if you cannot PIF anything thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just let me know what to send. :) The nautilus would be a better system. However, I don't have extra coils for it. I have quite a few kanger coils
Artemis, I have some coils for the Nautilus. I'd be happy to send a couple of packs. it was my main vape at one time. Let me know if you need them and where to send them. I think they are the 1.6ohm BVC for Nautilus.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis @rolltidevaper
If you guys would be willing to send the nautilus and some coils I truly think that would be a better start than the protank, imo.
If you guys trust these are not for me, would it be possible just to send them out to me? I will be sure to give you generous members recognition!
If not I have to miss group on Monday (Finding out the sex of baby #5! So excited!) and can get her address on Wensday.
Thank you everyone for the responses!
Love this community! Makes me happy to help someone "transition"!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW, I already have 3 10ml bottles of 50/50 12-18mg for her various flavors, think it would be a good way to get her started.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Artemis @rolltidevaper
If you guys would be willing to send the nautilus and some coils I truly think that would be a better start than the protank, imo.
If you guys trust these are not for me, would it be possible just to send them out to me? I will be sure to give you generous members recognition!
If not I have to miss group on Monday (Finding out the sex of baby #5! So excited!) and can get her address on Wensday.
Thank you everyone for the responses!
Love this community! Makes me happy to help someone "transition"!
Just PM Curly and I'll get them out Mon or Tues. I trust you!!!! And, I agree about the Nautilus set up. I think it will give her a good chance to quit smoking. I have a box of 24mg juice that I don't use, but it sounds like it might be a little much for her. Good luck to your friend!!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just PM Curly and I'll get them out Mon or Tues. I trust you!!!! And, I agree about the Nautilus set up. I think it will give her a good chance to quit smoking. I have a box of 24mg juice that I don't use, but it sounds like it might be a little much for her. Good luck to your friend!!
Thank you! I will pm you. I want to start her at 18mg, don't want her to get her addicted to a higher level than she needs, I started at 24, 3 weeks later I couldn't do it anymore and went to 18mg. I'm at 3-6mg in tanks now, I almost think I'd be good with 0 just not ready to make that jump.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My original offer still stands if a nautilus is not obtained. I found a puri-tank and a mini kanger 3 to throw in. The puri tank just needs a drip tip. I might have one somewhere for it.
Thank you @Artemis. I have plenty of DT I could toss in if need be. Just waiting to hear from @exodus

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
heck,i got a nautilus or atlantis [i forget which it is] she can have too .think i still have a protank gen 1 laying around too ??
Hey man, sent you a PM. If you'd be willing, if it is the nautilus, to PIF that, I'm sure she'd be better off with it. @rolltidevaper is willing to send nautilus coils if so. Just let me know.

Again I'm amazed by all the offers!
Thank you everyone.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone for the offers. I can't wait until she gets this! I know it will make her day/week.
I'm going to conclude the offerings, because she'll have what she needs! But keep it open so I can try and get pics of her using them and her responses when she gets them!
Again, thank you everyone!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1. I'll vouch for Curly.
2. If anything else is needed, let me know. I know you don't necessarily want Protanks, but I can spare a mini and a couple coils and some drip tips. I can also make some juice.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1. I'll vouch for Curly.
2. If anything else is needed, let me know. I know you don't necessarily want Protanks, but I can spare a mini and a couple coils and some drip tips. I can also make some juice.
Thank you, you know I'm alright if a mod, one of my favorites, vouches for me ;)

I appreciate your offer, but think we got it covered for her atm.
I'm pretty excited, to give them to her!
And thank you everyone, for trusting this isn't some bull to get gear. I'm pretty good on gear for myself, it's mainly all rebuildables though, and like I said I'll provide proof she is getting these things, even if I have to take secret pictures when she's vaping! Lol. Which I will do if she tries to avoid it!
Again thank you all for you amazing support!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see you got it covered.
I still want to offer though...if needed now or at another point.
I can offer to make some eliquid. Just let me know anytime.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see you got it covered.
I still want to offer though...if needed now or at another point.
I can offer to make some eliquid. Just let me know anytime.
Very kind of you! I'll see how fast she gets through the 30ml I gave her first. But thank you! I gave her the mod wensday, No tank or liquid, it's what I had on hand at that moment. I will be giving her a rebuildable and the liquid to hold her over/get used to it. But i dont want her to jump into rebuilding atm. She isn't ready. So its temporary until I get the PIF tanks. I actually ripped out my ni200 build for her. I want to help as I've been in that position before. And when I needed help I had no one, I don't want her to have no one, I want to help. She said she tried the patch/welbutran /gum, which I've tried before and it didn't do it, vaping did.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're good peeps.
As are you. Seriously mod aside. Especially in the DIY aspect I look up to you. You belong where you are.
Regardless, thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to see you still posting outside being a mod. I've never seen you deny advice and moderate, you're one of us, I respect that.

Regarding the base that won't budge~~~~ pliers are an obvious choice. However pliers tend to beat up the metal a bit. Use Rubber gloves! Works like a charm. If its old and possibly rusted (some juices create water residue) losen over night with WD40. Sometimes it's easier to take things apart as a whole unit for leverage. If there are any air holes you can put a nail or piece of thin metal into the hole and get leverage on the twist apart as well

Learning through Teaching

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the base that won't budge~~~~ pliers are an obvious choice. However pliers tend to beat up the metal a bit. Use Rubber gloves! Works like a charm. If its old and possibly rusted (some juices create water residue) losen over night with WD40. Sometimes it's easier to take things apart as a whole unit for leverage. If there are any air holes you can put a nail or piece of thin metal into the hole and get leverage on the twist apart as well

Learning through Teaching
Thanks. if it's rusted shut it's going in the bin.
Btw, I remembered the name, it's a hyper tank

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to update everyone. Unfortunately, I got word today that she had returned to the hospital...
I was told, she'd be OK and should be back within a week.
I do not want to publicly air her troubles. If you do have questions please pm me and I'll let you know what's up.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis, holy freaking crap! I didn't realize you were donating all of that! Very generous ma'am! She will certainly have enough PT coils to last a VERY long time! Just wow. And thank you very much for it. I'm certain she'll be an ex-smoker very soon! I made 50ml of eliquid for her. All different flavors and a mod she could grow with. I'd say she has a way better chance of quiting than most of us did.
Very very generous!
I'll be posting her reaction as soon as she's back. Stay tuned!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure she'll like the nautilus the best. Remember those original kanger bottom coils are hit/miss. I know they can be rebuilt and work so much better. However, I was/am to lazy to do that.
I'll do a few for her, No way I'll get to them all. I made my pt coils last with 5 of them (rebuilding/rewicking when needed). Actually those went to someone else in the group with an evod

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very kind of you! I'll see how fast she gets through the 30ml I gave her first. But thank you! I gave her the mod wensday, No tank or liquid, it's what I had on hand at that moment. I will be giving her a rebuildable and the liquid to hold her over/get used to it. But i dont want her to jump into rebuilding atm. She isn't ready. So its temporary until I get the PIF tanks. I actually ripped out my ni200 build for her. I want to help as I've been in that position before. And when I needed help I had no one, I don't want her to have no one, I want to help. She said she tried the patch/welbutran /gum, which I've tried before and it didn't do it, vaping did.

Just a thought, since you are obviously in regular contact with her, you could always build her a nice 24 to 26 gauge coil on a rebuildable and take some time to teach her about how to do dry burns and how to install a new wick (and give her some wick material). You know as well as I do that a well made coil in those gauges can last pert near forever with regular dry burns and fresh wick. And she can always have the tank with premade coils as a back up.

Also thinking that once she has some dry burn and re-wicking experience under her belt, it may leave her with the confidance needed to try to wrap and install coils herself.

Just a thought...........................

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a thought, since you are obviously in regular contact with her, you could always build her a nice 24 to 26 gauge coil on a rebuildable and take some time to teach her about how to do dry burns and how to install a new wick (and give her some wick material). You know as well as I do that a well made coil in those gauges can last pert near forever with regular dry burns and fresh wick. And she can always have the tank with premade coils as a back up.

Also thinking that once she has some dry burn and re-wicking experience under her belt, it may leave her with the confidance needed to try to wrap and install coils herself.

Just a thought...........................
That is true, I want her to get the basics down first. I do have a dripper for her as well, but don't want to "overload" her all at once. Yes normally I see her 3 days a week in group therapy. But we have maybe an hour total, last I seen her I gave her a run down of ohms law (very brief) and explained what went into the liquid I make.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the updates about this. It is awesome to read about.
I would love to try that FA Joy, makes me need a bottle NOW!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the updates about this. It is awesome to read about.
I would love to try that FA Joy, makes me need a bottle NOW!
I can't wait until I give her this box of goodies! It's basically a medium? I think, flat rate box full.
This right here is why I'm happy to be part of such a great community!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New update: I gave her the box. She was ecstatic in group. We have to list a "positive" about our self during the beginning of group. Hers was she got a box of vaping goodies and could start to stop smoking. She loved the nautilus. Think, it was exactly what she needs. I showed her how to fill up the tanks. She went with my "Janeane" recipe. She loved it. And she said she can't thank those who helped enough.
I left my phone in the car but Friday I'll get the picture

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just so the "positive" makes sense. Even though I tried to avoid telling what kind of group I'm in. I will tell. I'm in a partial hospitalization program. Suffering from major depression and extreme anxiety disorder, both general and social, and a few underlying diagnosis. But if I've learned anything there it's that I shouldn't be ashamed. Even though it was tough to release that information.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never be ashamed for getting the help you need, no matter what. It's brave and means you like yourself enough. Some days "enough" feels unattainable. Never being alone in spirit is a pretty big effin deal!
Thank you for your kind words. It's a process. And hopefully I'll be able to manage these things in the future.

Mikea262

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm very new here to VU and still poking my way around trying to absorb as much information as possible. That is how I stumbled upon this thread. So far, the only thing better then jumping into the vaping world has been seeing some of the people that make it up. Curly, this whole thing you've done is just amazing. It's one thing to give a friend some advice and maybe point them in the right direction. It's totally different to go so above and beyond. Thank you for giving us this glimpse into a great thing. Keep up the hard work!

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just so the "positive" makes sense. Even though I tried to avoid telling what kind of group I'm in. I will tell. I'm in a partial hospitalization program. Suffering from major depression and extreme anxiety disorder, both general and social, and a few underlying diagnosis. But if I've learned anything there it's that I shouldn't be ashamed. Even though it was tough to release that information.
So I was trolling along and saw this post, I just want to say if it helps speak it out don't be ashamed or feel diminished there's a lot of people that go through our own issues it takes a lot of courage to do what u got to do to get help, I've been there I suffer from ptsd, social anxiety depression and a few other issues myself any and all that try to kick u are simply haters and may not want to come to terms with there own issues, stay strong brother push forward and always vape on

sent from the back of Otto's bus

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Throwing my 2 cents in here, what u did here for ur friend is awesome thank you for doing ur part in showing others that the vaping community helps our brothers and sisters

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_mo35uuAuTe1s9pq79o1_400_zpsr2s7agkr.gif

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm very new here to VU and still poking my way around trying to absorb as much information as possible. That is how I stumbled upon this thread. So far, the only thing better then jumping into the vaping world has been seeing some of the people that make it up. Curly, this whole thing you've done is just amazing. It's one thing to give a friend some advice and maybe point them in the right direction. It's totally different to go so above and beyond. Thank you for giving us this glimpse into a great thing. Keep up the hard work!
I don't think the I deserve the amount of praise as @Artemis and @exodus, and the rest who offered even if they didn't donate. If it wasn't for their generosity I couldn't have done it.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I was trolling along and saw this post, I just want to say if it helps speak it out don't be ashamed or feel diminished there's a lot of people that go through our own issues it takes a lot of courage to do what u got to do to get help, I've been there I suffer from ptsd, social anxiety depression and a few other issues myself any and all that try to kick u are simply haters and may not want to come to terms with there own issues, stay strong brother push forward and always vape on

Thank you, it took a lot to actually post that. But makes me feel good how it's been received. Again thank you for your words of encouragement.

VU Sponsors