Become a Patron!

Hellvape Fusion R

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

I turn down about 50% of the pod devices that I’m offered for review, it’s not that they suck, it’s just that they don’t offer me anything new.

However, as I’ve enjoyed the vast majority of Hellvape products that I’ve used, the Fusion R was something I was interested in reviewing.

Product overview

The Hellvape Fusion R is an 800mAh, 2ml autodraw pod system with adjustable airflow and type-C 5V/1A charging.

DSC02572.jpg

What do you get?

• Fusion R pod device
  • 1×0.8ohm pod
  • type-C USB cable
  • lanyard
The Fusion R is not going to be expensive, but I’d still like to see more than one pod in the box, even if that makes it cost more, or if the lanyard and/or USB cable have to be omitted.

First impressions

I’m a big fan of minimalism, especially when it comes to vapes; in black that’s exactly what the Fusion R gives you. All the details such as the cut off corners, the branding and the juice-level window are subtle. Overall, the Fusion R is sexy.

However, there are two complaints. Firstly while the tinted pod looks great, the tint makes the juice level slightly hard to see in the little juice level window. Secondly, I like USB charge ports on the side, not the bottom, so that my vape can stand while being charged.

DSC02573.jpg

Pod

The 2ml pod is side-fill, with the rubber tab easily removed. Being side-fill allows the mouth-piece to be a more solid and comfortable design than a top-fill pod.

It’s a fixed coil pod, which will cost more and not be so Eco-friendly – however, it also makes the chance of leaks far less. Personally, I’ll take fixed coil pods every time.

How does it perform?

• 0.8ohm pod this pod works well with the airflow fully open, with reasonable vapor production and accurate flavor. This was my pod of choice with anything other than tobacco juices.
  • 1.2ohm pod with airflow closed down 50-90% this is the idea traditional MTL pod. While it does work with all juices that I tried, it was best with a tobacco juice. As with the 0.8ohm pod, the flavor is good.
It’s hard to find something new to say about pods, the differences between these pods and other recent releases that I’ve tested from Voopoo, Geekvape and OXVA are minimal, you’ll struggle to notice any difference. This isn’t a bad thing, they are all very good.

DSC02566.jpg

Airflow

The airflow is easily adjusted, and there’s a nice range – and it’s all MTL. Fully open it’s a nice loose MTL draw and fully closed is far tighter than I can vape. If you want restricted DL then look elsewhere, if MTL is your thing, then this device will have you covered.

Battery

I’m not sure why, but the Fusion R charges really quickly. Quickly enough that I reconnected the charging cable to see if it was lying to me.

There’s a tiny LED below the airflow adjustment that displays the current battery level.

DSC02570.jpg

Conclusion

It’s hard to buy a pod system nowadays and expect it to blow everything else away, performance is quite uniform between brands.

Where you can find differences is in aesthetics, airflow control, battery and build quality; for those four factors the Fusion R is excellent.

Disclaimer

The Fusion R was supplied by Hellvape for the purposes of this revew.

DSC02571.jpg

VU Sponsors