Become a Patron!

Hello new here (help for husbands set up)

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My husband smokes a pack a day of Marlboro Smooth Menthol's. Hes been smoking since he was maybe 16/17. hes 33 now.
I had the intentions of buying him two kinds of tanks a Baby beast and the Aspire nautilus mini
I was told today that the Baby beast isn't for MTL.
What mod can he use? I don't particularly like the look of the long stick kind. He wouldn't either. He has to go to work and there is no where for him to put something like that long. He is a Mechanic on Military vehicles and needs something he can add to his tool box or pocket with out getting messed up. but not small either.
The ones i was thinking of are the Kangertech, istick 30/40w, Evic VTC DUAL but i cant find neither of the last two any where to buy. Any suggestions?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My husband smokes a pack a day of Marlboro Smooth Menthol's. Hes been smoking since he was maybe 16/17. hes 33 now.
I had the intentions of buying him two kinds of tanks a Baby beast and the Aspire nautilus mini
I was told today that the Baby beast isn't for MTL.
What mod can he use? I don't particularly like the look of the long stick kind. He wouldn't either. He has to go to work and there is no where for him to put something like that long. He is a Mechanic on Military vehicles and needs something he can add to his tool box or pocket with out getting messed up. but not small either.
The ones i was thinking of are the Kangertech, istick 30/40w, Evic VTC DUAL but i cant find neither of the last two any where to buy. Any suggestions?
Subohm tanks are going to be DTL usually, if you want a MTL you'll need tanks that have coils above 1 ohm with limited air flow.

somehting like this might be good
http://www.eleafworld.com/icare/

Easy to use, built in battery, MTL vape, small and pocketable. and I've seen some pretty good reviews for it. I never personally used it since i vape DTL for quite a few years now, but at less then 20 bucks it doesn't hurt to try

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A dual battery or single battery or built in battery? whats the prince range?
Dual battery maybe three. He works from 330pm-12midnight. He's gone during those hours for work. So it has to last a while.
Under $70 for the mod

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A nautilus or nautilus mini is a great tank for a smoker. There are all metal tanks available for them also that would make it less fragile. Any decent box mod that is variable wattage and does at least 20 watts would run it well.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Vapeberri lasts me all day on a single charge and I only have to fill the tank every couple of days. So far, I love this little unit.

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A nautilus or nautilus mini is a great tank for a smoker. There are all metal tanks available for them also that would make it less fragile. Any decent box mod that is variable wattage and does at least 20 watts would run it well.
Is the reuleaux rx2/3 good? I heard some bad on it..didn't know if I should buy it or not. What about any Kangertech mods? I'd like to buy him one that's red/black

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The nautilus mini is a good tank for a MTL vape
Dual battery maybe three. He works from 330pm-12midnight. He's gone during those hours for work. So it has to last a while.
Under $70 for the mod
under 70 including the batteries or just for the mod?
If it's just for the mod then I'd recommend a hohmwrecker G2, it's probably a little overkill for what he needs, but he won't need another mod every if he decides to starting doing DTL or temp control. the G2 will do everything and it's really durable. You can beat the hell out of it and it'll still work. ecig.com has them for 65.70 if you use coupon code ecig10 and if you add 10 dollars more you get free shipping so you can buy spare coils for the nautilus mini tank to get the free shipping. Or batteries since he will need 2 sets of batteries and a charger.

There are cheaper options though the should work fine for what he needs. Doing only MTL he won't need anything super powerful, pretty much every device out there is fine to use

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is the reuleaux rx2/3 good? I heard some bad on it..didn't know if I should buy it or not. What about any Kangertech mods? I'd like to buy him one that's red/black
Personally I'm not a fan of them, but I think it would be ok for him to use. The wiring is thin but since he isn't sub ohming it isn't a problem, also they 510 connector on them isn't very good. A lot of people here have them as beater mods, as in they don't' care if it breaks cause they are cheap to replace and don't get upset when they die.

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The nautilus mini is a good tank for a MTL vape

under 70 including the batteries or just for the mod?
If it's just for the mod then I'd recommend a hohmwrecker G2, it's probably a little overkill for what he needs, but he won't need another mod every if he decides to starting doing DTL or temp control. the G2 will do everything and it's really durable. You can beat the hell out of it and it'll still work. ecig.com has them for 65.70 if you use coupon code ecig10 and if you add 10 dollars more you get free shipping so you can buy spare coils for the nautilus mini tank to get the free shipping. Or batteries since he will need 2 sets of batteries and a charger.

There are cheaper options though the should work fine for what he needs. Doing only MTL he won't need anything super powerful, pretty much every device out there is fine to use
What are the best batteries?
What kind of charger?
Just the mod under $70 :)

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally I'm not a fan of them, but I think it would be ok for him to use. The wiring is thin but since he isn't sub ohming it isn't a problem, also they 510 connector on them isn't very good. A lot of people here have them as beater mods, as in they don't' care if it breaks cause they are cheap to replace and don't get upset when they die.
Ok so what about kangertech? Thanks

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok so what about kangertech? Thanks
there ok, should be fine for what you want to accomplish. The main reason i usually don't recommend the RX200 is ebcuase it's by far the complained about device on here, seems like we get a new member every week having issues with it, 2nd most complained about is the cuboid. Haven't seen many complaints on a kbox.

as far as the full list goes
extra coils http://www.ecig.com/aspire-bvc-series-replaceable-coil-5-piece.html
Batteries http://www.ecig.com/lg-hg2-18650-20a-3000mah.html
Mod http://www.ecig.com/hohm-wrecker-g2.html
Charger http://www.ecig.com/efest-pro-c4-charger.html
Total (use coupon code ecig10 for 10% off) 96.90
Should have enough coils to last him for 3 months this way and the only thing left to buy is the tank itself (it's out of stock on ecig.com) and then just coils when he runs out. The mod, battery, and charger should last him years and will be good to use on any new tanks he might move up to.

For the tank you can use vapecrawler.com to find the cheapest site

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
there ok, should be fine for what you want to accomplish. The main reason i usually don't recommend the RX200 is ebcuase it's by far the complained about device on here, seems like we get a new member every week having issues with it, 2nd most complained about is the cuboid. Haven't seen many complaints on a kbox.

as far as the full list goes
extra coils http://www.ecig.com/aspire-bvc-series-replaceable-coil-5-piece.html
Batteries http://www.ecig.com/lg-hg2-18650-20a-3000mah.html
Mod http://www.ecig.com/hohm-wrecker-g2.html
Charger http://www.ecig.com/efest-pro-c4-charger.html
Total (use coupon code ecig10 for 10% off) 96.90
Should have enough coils to last him for 3 months this way and the only thing left to buy is the tank itself (it's out of stock on ecig.com) and then just coils when he runs out. The mod, battery, and charger should last him years and will be good to use on any new tanks he might move up to.

For the tank you can use vapecrawler.com to find the cheapest site
Thanks!! I'll look at the links on my Laptop in a bit.
So none of Smok tanks are for MTL?
I saw the nautilus mini tank on sale somewhere yesterday.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at the 200w one.
I also was looking at the Evic vtc dual but its not on sale yet.
That would run a nautilus just fine. And since the nautilus runs at such low wattages, a dual battery mod would provide long run time. Jump in and go for it. Get him off the cigs.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i'd suggest looking at the kanger cupti, all in one design is great for work and they have coils for mtl

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i'd suggest looking at the kanger cupti, all in one design is great for work and they have coils for mtl
Op was looking for a 2 or 3 battery mod and didn't want an all in 1 kit.

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That would run a nautilus just fine. And since the nautilus runs at such low wattages, a dual battery mod would provide long run time. Jump in and go for it. Get him off the cigs.
Id probably buy the Kangertech 200w. Only because the Evic Dual isnt even out. I cant find it anywhere.

Aeros1203

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ordered the Kangertech KBOX 200w in red, the apsire nautilus mini, coils, batteries. from MyFreedomsmokes and Ecig. thanks guys! just need to buy the Charger

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
200w for a MTL smoker.. ouch.

Love my Kanger Kbox/Subox mini (kit) for MTL.
I use 17w these days, with one airhole open.. perfect hits (6mg nic with tobacco flav plus usually a little squirt of something (raspberry or whatever)).

Even that though, as a single battery mod is far too heavy to carry around at work in my pocket, imho.
I have a "stick" I carry instead, like a pen (Kanger e-smart).

But, in any case, it's ordered.. so fly with it.
If he doesnt like it, try some different gear. The main thing is to keep trying until something fits.
The cost is nothing compared to the cost of cigs (not to mention health improvements).

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It has wattage adjustment buttons you know. And dual 18650's will run a nautilus all day. And it will run any other atomizer dude decides to try just fine also. So what does "ouch" mean? :huh:
Yup. Lots of people have 200 watt mods, very few of them use anything close to that

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not "ouch" physically.
You do have a point of it lasting all day(s) and future-proofing it, but I was worried that extra size/weight may seem like a hassle to the guy and he goes back to smoking the cigs ? Who knows though, he might try DTL some evening with it and get hooked that way too.

I know one guy who kicked cigs to a really large vape (thing must have been 8" long) then after months went back to smoking b/c vaping was a hassle.
That one was the first vape gear I ever saw in person, and I remember thinking fek Ill stick to smoking. Luckily about a year later I walked into a vape shop and the gal set me up with the small "stick" (e-smart). That one I could live with as a daily worker.

To each their own though, for sure.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would have gone with something smaller as well, but she seemed to be set on dual batts. If her mr. ends up wanting something else, the big mod will be a good 'do anything' backup. I certainly like the atomizer she's starting him on.

Aeros, let us know how everything works out.

VU Sponsors