Become a Patron!

Hello! Greetings from South West PA!

Hey everyone! Im kinda new to forums and still a beginner in vaping, I've only been doing this for maybe around 4 or 5 months? I am what some may call "obsessed" with vaping (diy juice, mods, and whatever else I seem to find.) Right now I am using a Vision Spinner vv battery with a Mini Protank 2, have been looking into doing some mods soon (hopefully) mostly looking into mechanical mods. I know they are what some may say for more experienced vapers but I think if I can get the right kind of information that I could do it. Can anyone recommend me some sites that can dumb it down a bit for me?

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the underground young lady. If you just wander around here you will get more info than you ever wanted. (Some may even be helpful) just watch out for all the dirty old men around here.:cool:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Grampa, did you get warned again yesterday for flirting with the ladies.....hehehehehe. Welcome to the Underground @Abmiller95, you can find all kinds of useful information here!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pretty much jumped right into Mods and dripping. There's a little more safety awareness needed but it's a simple concept. There's way more than most people need to know on this forum you just have to skip through all the silliness and smart ass remarks.

[Before anyone else says it- yes a large portion of the silliness and smartassery comes from me :p]

Welcome.

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, and watch out for Ace :) We've got a great group for diy. Just pop on the late night diy threads (they run 24/7). and ask a question.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum Ab.

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Welcome, Abmiller95 ;) I hope you don't mind me going on a small rant here.:eek:

I've been vaping for over 3 years now, and I'll tell ya, even back then there were 2 problems beginner vapers had to deal with:
Information overload and obsolescence.
It is so hard to find thorough, up-to-date vaping info for beginners, and since it is in constant evolution, it only gets worse.
I started (after TONS of researching videos and reading up on what was what) with a JoyE 510 manual kit with cartridges, which I thought was state-of-the-art.
Turns out most everyone was on eGo batteries and cartomizers, tanks or clearomizers back then, LOL.
Mechanical mods were still in their infancy (ecigs with removable batteries were being built by the vapers out of flashlights and hardware store uh, hardware; hence the term "mods" ex. modified flashlights). Funny how the name stuck, as nowadays mechanical "mods" are mass produced and are generally not "modified anythings", but I digress...

All that said, you CAN get into mechanical mods and rebuildables as long as you read up on safety issues when dealing with mechs+RDAs/RBAs.

The easiest way to go I would think is look on the web for a mod (or mods, RBA/RDAs) that you like and check reviews for it on YouTube. There are quite a lot of good vape gear reviewers on there (Pbusardo, GrimmGreen, VapingWithTwisted420, ToddsEcigReviews, to name a select few).
Get good quality batteries and invest in a good charger.
Get a resistance checker (OHM meter) if you're going to build your own coils and measure each build BEFORE you power it up.
Check VaporJoes' Daily Vaping Deals for what the cool kids are vaping these days. All the new stuff is displayed here first; batteries, mods, RDAs you name it.

When you find what you like, ask around this here forum. There's loads of helpful peeps and they'll tell you what to watch for and what's good or not. I'll help in whatever I can, just ask!

Just bought myself one of The Hammer mods from a friend yesterday. Hopefully in this next few weeks I can afford to buy and ohm meter and an rda or rba and start learning ;) It turns out a friend of mine actually knows how to rebuild his own coils so I can get some hands on help if I need it :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @Abmiller95 and welcome to the underground. I'm sure you'll love learning to build coils. You'll probably feel like you need three hands to begin with but it gets easier with practice. Is your new mod a regulated device with variable power to turn up and down or is it a mechanical?

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Welcome Abmillter95 to the wonderful/informative Vaping Underground!!! Congrats on your Vaping Journey!! If you need any help, many of us are will to help just *watch out* we do have a few trolls on here lol.... You can find me in the Deals & Steals! Section if need be!

VU Sponsors