Become a Patron!

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Everyone!

I am the new guy on forum and look forward learning and sharing information with everyone. It seems every brand of whatever one is using has a quirk or two and in most instances there is an easy work around or simple way of curing a problem. Trial and error also seem time tested and true in many of the cases. It would be neat to have a blog by item with advice on that item. I am a big fan of Kanger products and just got an Eleaf Ijust2. The flavor is very good on both, but I say the Ijust2 is much better. My juice of choice is Johnson Creek Vape Company’s “Island”, but that is just me. I am lucky to have found a juice that I love and don’t have to keep trying a new ones to find what I need. I did go through quite a few different juices to find what I was looking for in my quest to juice utopia.

Going back to the Kanger products, my focus is the tanks. I love sub-ohm, but came across it quite by accident. My vaping life started with a Vamo V5 and I used an Innokin tank of some sort. All I know is it gurgled, leaked, and dealt out dry hits most of the time, and worked great now and then. I tried everything I could think of to fix it with not much luck. I am not bad mouthing Innokin, it just wasn’t working well for me. Innokin is one of the front runners in the vaping community for a reason, so if you love Innokin that is great. But, it was almost the end to my vaping experience.

So my Sub-Ohm world came about when I got a SMY 60 Mini, and the only reason I got it is because of how cool it looks. I got a Kanger Sub tank Mini – Stainless tank for the SMY and was instantly in heaven. When it came to replacing the coil I ran into the top issues that plague all vapers which is leaks and gurgles. I got aggravated and replace coils that still worked but leaked, and I don’t have to tell you they are so expensive. So I stayed proactive and thought about what I could do to fix the issue. I came up with some simple and obvious solutions.

So what I did was to take tank apart just to the point of replacing the coil (to include removing the coil) and rinsed out the tank. I bought silicone paste (food grade or the type for scuba tanks) and used a Q-tip (wooden kind for gun cleaning) from eBay and applied it to all rubber seals. (The coil has seals on it to, don’t forget, and just keep the silicone away from the cotton ports, silicone is also waterproof and will make coil useless if applied to the cotton, it will be a dry hit from hell) Keep in mind this is a very, very light coat of silicone, you’re not icing a cake. Don’t use Vaseline because it is petroleum based and it will damaged the rubber seals after a while, it breaks it down over time. Silicone not only lubricates, but also seals to a certain degree. The silicone creates a situation where the seals glide into place till tight instead of possibly pulling-tearing, waiting to leak on the next refill. Give it a try, I am glad I did, no more leaks or prematurely worn out seals. Only costs a few bucks for the silicone on eBay. Another thing that has helped me is when I refill, I rinse out the tank and tip and run a pipe cleaner through it, lots of gunk. Pipe cleaners also help somewhat for a minor gurgle. What I mean by minor is, I spilled some in the tube. Just make sure you don’t fire the unit because pipe cleaner has a metal wire going through it. For spillage into the chamber, run the pipe cleaner down the drip tube carefully until it stops and the tip on the pipe cleaner will wick the extra juice.

Lastly I just got an Air Flow Controller w/ 510 thread from, www.myfreedomsmokes.com. Its $2.95 plus $2.54 shipping. Wow, love it, its adjustable. It is cheap enough I ordered 5 more for my other mods. Speaking of mods out of all of them I love my Eiffel the best, wireless charging and the sleep mode is fantastic. You don’t have to keep pushing buttons to wake it up.

I just ordered a Kanger Nebox on eBay, I am excited. Wonder what Vaping will be like in 5 years ?

Hope I helped someone-good luck

Matt

Last edited:

VU Sponsors