Become a Patron!

Headaches !!! WHY?!

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone!

I have just bought my second vape yesterday and I am having some issues.
My first vape was a pen from iTaste (just wanted to get the hang of things)
Last night I bought the Kangertech Subox Mini.
I have been using it all night, and this morning, and it is giving me some major head pressure and pretty bad headache!
  • Using it on 22.2W
  • 0mg Nicotine
  • Tried three different juices (VG/PG)
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or has anyone had a similar situation?
2 weeks ago I checked myself into hospital with severe headache. I know myself and know when something is wrong. Had ct scan done and X-ray for my head as to exclude brain aneurysm or stroke. Was released after iv ketanol. Strong medication for pain. I had been vaping for 3 years and really enjoyed it. I was at 6 mil of nicotine which I guess is the lowest. Excersise every day running or swimming. The morning vaping with coffee was normal for me. Then this one day after swimming I came home and waited about an hour for my vape and slowly started getting a headache. Intensified throughout for the next few hours where it became unbearable. Monitored myself for the next 2 weeks and cut on my vaping. That did not help even if it would have 20 hits in the morning the pain in my head would come about 4 hours later. It was not an instant pain. It would come about 3 to 4 hours later. The pain is really the culprit that I just quit today. No morning hits and it's been already 7 hours and no pain. I am so glad that I found out what the problem was. Vaping was great and I am sure I will miss me it but not for the price of that unbearable pain.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what was the problem?? Have you read through the thread here??Y :) you don't mention what your conclusions were. You also didn't mention if you tried different ratio's with juice PG and VG.(some folks experience sensitivities to these)
6mg is not the lowest BTW, (3mg or 0 nic)
I also see it's your first post here so Welcome to VU as well:)

Last edited:

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the vaping is the problem. Maybe vaping deprives the brain from oxygen and constricts th blood vessels which in turn created headaches. Yesterday I thought I would go to hospital again because even the strong medication that was prescribed to me at the first Er visit was no longer working. Finally around 7 pm it slowly went away after trying my mothers strong medication. I woke up today first time in 3 years not having vaping. Now we going on 8 hours and no headache

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Key words "I think the vaping is the problem" with out doing research on all the factors I mentioned, I can't believe that you can conclude it is vaping that caused your headaches (IMO) What types of tests did you have done in the ER before medication was prescribed ? (you left that part out too) and everyone also knows not to take someone else's medication right? (Finally around 7 pm it slowly went away after trying my mothers strong medication)
Something here doesn't seem to be adding up quite right.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whatever man. I am not here to argue with you. I am here to let the public know yes that you can get strong headaches from vaping. I don't know if it's pg vg, the coil or whatever. I looked for two weeks for answers myself and I could not find it. Here I am . A living example of terrible headaches even though I enjoyed my vape very much. Yes I will miss it. 9 hours pain free.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever man. I am not here to argue with you. I am here to let the public know yes that you can get strong headaches from vaping. I don't know if it's pg vg, the coil or whatever. I looked for two weeks for answers myself and I could not find it. Here I am . A living example of terrible headaches even though I enjoyed my vape very much. Yes I will miss it. 9 hours pain free.
Can you gives us a little info about ur VAPING background?
THIS FORUM IS LIKE A TEACHING HOSPITAL we learn everyday
Thanks man...

Vape On

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure I can. Smoked about 7 to 15 cigs a day since I was 24. Now 47. Picked up 3 years ago my first vaping pen. Incredible results after quitting cigarettes. My endurance improved dramatically. I can do 120 time 25 meters pool in 45 minutes. Jogging from 10 minutes improved to 50 min non stop
I would vape starting with my morning coffee all day and night. I would go through about 2 and half tank of 2.8 milliliter of 6 milligram nicotine flavored cappucino or any coffee. Loved it. Started getting some coughs after jogging but nothing major. The headaches started 2 weeks ago . They were so horrible that I had to go to the er.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sure I can. Smoked about 7 to 15 cigs a day since I was 24. Now 47. Picked up 3 years ago my first vaping pen. Incredible results after quitting cigarettes. My endurance improved dramatically. I can do 120 time 25 meters pool in 45 minutes. Jogging from 10 minutes improved to 50 min non stop
I would vape starting with my morning coffee all day and night. I would go through about 2 and half tank of 2.8 milliliter of 6 milligram nicotine flavored cappucino or any coffee. Loved it. Started getting some coughs after jogging but nothing major. The headaches started 2 weeks ago . They were so horrible that I had to go to the er.
What tank are/were you using? What juice? 50/50 ratio or 70vg/30pg?
And what did the doctors say?
Also, you can get the juice in 3mg nic,1.5nic, and 0nic.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As to test I only had ct scan and X-ray done to exclude anurysm or stroke. That is why I went to Er. After the medication prescribed I took only for 2 weeks but it finally stopped working but I still vaped and searched for answers on Internet.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As to test I only had ct scan and X-ray done to exclude anurysm or stroke. That is why I went to Er. After the medication prescribed I took only for 2 weeks but it finally stopped working but I still vaped and searched for answers on Internet.
So what did they say after the tests?
What tank/coil? Are you using?
We can't help without information

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
32126-Clipart-Illustration-Of-An-Expressive-Yellow-Smiley-Face-Emoticon-With-One-Big-Eye-Stressed-Out-Or-Nervous-1_zpsmmpips2a.jpg

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank are/were you using? What juice? 50/50 ratio or 70vg/30pg?
And what did the doctors say?
Also, you can get the juice in 3mg nic,1.5nic, and 0nic.

70 pg 30 vg. Mostly from a shop in Naples fl. But I also travel a lot so bought anything that I could get in Poland, colombia. Mostly I use the shops from USA for safety reasons. The last batch was from the shop in the USA . Never had any problems with flavors, mg, or headaches. Just started getting them recently

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you drink alot of liquids? Water? Electrolytes?
And what did the doctors say? Did they run a blood panel?
What tank and coil?
Have you tried switching to a 50/50 blend? Or heavier vg blend?

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what did they say after the tests?
What tank/coil? Are you using?
We can't help without information
I am not looking for solution as I think I already found the answer . I want general public to know that massive headaches are result of vaping. As to if I want to try pg or vg or whatever coil is not what I am here for. Yes it will be hard to part ways from vaping but I think it will be for better

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not looking for solution as I think I already found the answer . I want general public to know that massive headaches are result of vaping. As to if I want to try pg or vg or whatever coil is not what I am here for. Yes it will be hard to part ways from vaping but I think it will be for better
You're the first person I've heard to blame headaches on vaping..Maybe you have a cancer or worse going on in your head..but vaping? I highly doubt it..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do care.
I only answered to the idiot with
"Bullshit" remark. I want people to know as I was searching for answers. This is all new to everybody and not too much studies or clinical trials have been made. This is only to let the public know.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you for your public service, we will be sure to take that into account.
May the lord bless you with a bountiful harvest

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If ur dehydrated and VAPE high pg high nic on a PEN STYLE VAPE,, dude
You will have palpitations,cold sweat, cramping in the hand ,headaches,nausea,
USER ERROR DUDE,,, hydration is very important.... VERY IMPORTANT!
LETS admit IT we ALL Dont drink enough water... Drink UP may be switch UP ur PG/vg ratio, there was a Guy Here THAT was vaping 90pg and hes stupid, Dont Let it be you

Vape On

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do care.
"Bullshit" remark. I want people to know as I was searching for answers. This is all new to everybody and not too much studies or clinical trials have been made. This is only to let the public know.
Thank-you
waving_zpssgqfugnc.gif

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do care.
Perhaps it is not the actual juices. Perhaps it is the type of tank but you never said what tank your using??? Some are nickel coated brass and or copper. I had to actually use nothing but plastic, stainless type drip tips including tanks because I'm sensitive to some metals and was getting metal poison which led to breaking out on the lips and slight headaches. After using plastic and stainless all was well and still is.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Let me say that it took 7 months and 4 different types of scans, after the typical ER regimen, before they found my wife's aneurysm. The 3 strokes showed up fine on the X-ray, but finding the culprit took a radioctive blood dye job to find, ordered by the 2nd neurologist.
Glad you are feeling better, but don't assume the main culprit is licked.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If ur dehydrated and VAPE high pg high nic on a PEN STYLE VAPE,, dude
You will have palpitations,cold sweat, cramping in the hand ,headaches,nausea,
USER ERROR DUDE,,, hydration is very important.... VERY IMPORTANT!
LETS admit IT we ALL Dont drink enough water... Drink UP may be switch UP ur PG/vg ratio, there was a Guy Here THAT was vaping 90pg and hes stupid, Dont Let it be you

Vape On
I drink almost a gallon of water everyday and o know that this is important especially when you excercise of which I do a lot. Vaping is another story. No palpitations, cold sweats. I was doing this for 3 years man so I have done my research. This just came out of the blue and I was baffled and tried to figure out what could cause it. Vaping was my last resort. I was doing this for 3 years.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drink almost a gallon of water everyday and o know that this is important especially when you excercise of which I do a lot. Vaping is another story. No palpitations, cold sweats. I was doing this for 3 years man so I have done my research. This just came out of the blue and I was baffled and tried to figure out what could cause it. Vaping was my last resort. I was doing this for 3 years.
If stoping VAPING took the symptoms away then stop VAPING bro...

Vape On

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just asked you a question in the above are you not replying?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No magoo, it can be several things. you are in a vapors forum with enthusiasts.
We asked questions to try and isolate what the issue was; But, you would rather be a magoo troll.
It could be dehydration, a PG allergy, a reaction to the metal...or an endocrine issue or mineral deficiency. the last two would be issues to consult a real doctor about,(they can be serious medical problem exacerbated by dehydration) the others can be handled by putting down the taco, and changing your juice mixture. Vaping high PG can increase dehydration.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the question?
Perhaps it is not the actual juices. Perhaps it is the type of tank but you never said what tank your using??? Some are nickel coated brass and or copper. I had to actually use nothing but plastic, stainless type drip tips including tanks because I'm sensitive to some metals and was getting metal poison which led to breaking out on the lips and slight headaches. After using plastic and stainless all was well and still is.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No magoo, it can be several things. you are in a vapors forum with enthusiasts.
We asked questions to try and isolate what the issue was but you would rather be a magoo troll.
It could be dehydration, a PG allergy, a reaction to the metal, or an endocrine issue or mineral deficiency. the last two would be kssues to consult a real doctor about the others can be handled by putting down the taco, and changing your juice mixture,
Whatever u idiot. I am not a troll. I was googling headaches after vaping and an into ur forum to find answers for two weeks. Now, since I found the answer I went and shared with all the forums. Goggle it u moron. Just because you are fine now with vaping it does not mean you will be fine tomorrow. Besides vaping was promoted for quitting smoking. Now I quit both and I am happy about it.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wow, this thread went nowhere logical.

1. Being dehydrated simply means you don't have enough water in your body, that is all, plain and simple.
2. Your urine is the prime indicator of just how dehydrated you are. The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are and the more fluids you need to drink. You are not properly hydrated unless it is clear or almost clear. Please note that some foods and medicines can alter urine color though. Urine is the first indicator of being dehydrated, a dry mouth, headaches, and extreme thirst are later symptoms. If your getting headaches without the darkened urine, then they likely aren't being caused by dehydration. A hangover is caused by dehydration if you need an example of it causing headaches.
3. Saying you *have* to go to the hospital if you are dehydrated is like saying you have to go to the hospital if you have a fever. It's not true, a fever is fine unless it's nearing 108, over that is when bad things can happen, like brain damage, coma, and even death. It's the same with dehydration, you don't have to go to the hospital until you get to the point of passing out. Before that, it can be fixed by drinking water. Heat Exhaustion in the summer is a prime example of this. You get dehydrated to the point your sweat output decreases, your body can no longer regulate it's temperature, it overheats, you start to get light headed and eventually pass out. But, up until the passing out point, you can still recover by drinking fluids. Hospitals will just give you an IV of fluids just to speed up the process.
4. Various consumable things can cause dehydration. VG and PG are known desiccants. Caffeine causes dehydration. If you rarely consume caffeinated beverages, then drinking a highly caffeinated energy drink can result in dehydration. Otherwise, you will already be 'used to it' and consuming enough water to make up for it. Various Calcium types are also desiccants, including Calcium Carbonate (used as antacids). Salt and alcohol are as well, but I'm sure we all know of these two.

Sources.
Sorry, I'm not going to go digging for all this stuff online, those that want it can verify it themselves if they are truly interested in learning. It's just all kinds of stuff that I've learned from researching because I tend to not do well in hot weather. I sweat a ton and have trouble staying hydrated when doing anything physical if the temps are in the 80s. If it's in the 90s, I literally can't drink enough water to stay hydrated while doing a physical activity and have to take breaks due to feeling overheated and light headed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whatever u idiot. I am not a troll. I was googling headaches after vaping and an into ur forum to find answers for two weeks. Now, since I found the answer I went and shared with all the forums. Goggle it u moron. Just because you are fine now with vaping it does not mean you will be fine tomorrow. Besides vaping was promoted for quitting smoking. Now I quit both and I am happy about it.
that's great
nice_day_0020.gif

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started with plastic then glass then plastic. What difference does it make? I experimented with all in 3 years. I broke or lost about 20 of them if not more. Used all liquids in Colombia, England, Poland USA and never got a headache. My body told me that something is wrong. If it's vaping, it remains to be seen. But now the intense headaches that lasted for 6 hours are gone and that's all it matters to me.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

A more accurate statement would be
"vaping can give some people massive headaches" or "my massive headaches were a result of vaping"
Saying "massive headaches are [a] result [of] vaping" infers that anybody who vapes and gets a headache, does so solely because of vaping.

Sorry to hear that it didn't workout for you though.
Could be a number of things like a reaction to PG, VG, or even *to both*

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me say that it took 7 months and 4 different types of scans, after the typical ER regimen, before they found my wife's aneurysm. The 3 strokes showed up fine on the X-ray, but finding the culprit took a radioctive blood dye job to find, ordered by the 2nd neurologist.
Glad you are feeling better, but don't assume the main culprit is licked.
As to your statement now I hope it was vaping. I am a healthy individual so the headaches baffled me. If they come back then obviously it was not the vaping. It's been only 10 hours now so I won't rule out any other medical problems. Let's wait and see.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just all the sudden 3 years later.....sounds like a familiar story that recently came up all the sudden 2 years later, there's this electrolyte powder that's out you could try, maybe it will help?
Thank you , I'll pass. I loved vaping. But it's that time to finally say goodbye to both.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As to your statement now I hope it was vaping. I am a healthy individual so the headaches baffled me. If they come back then obviously it was not the vaping. It's been only 10 hours now so I won't rule out any other medical problems. Let's wait and see.

Holy FUCK dude!!!!!!!!

IM OUTTA THIS FUCKING THREAD.

AND IM GOING TO CHANGE MY NAME LEGALLY TO NOT SURE.

Weinmannp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put that powder in your brain. It will stop the sperm from multiplying. We have enough idiots in this world

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Started with plastic then glass then plastic. What difference does it make? I experimented with all in 3 years. I broke or lost about 20 of them if not more. Used all liquids in Colombia, England, Poland USA and never got a headache. My body told me that something is wrong. If it's vaping, it remains to be seen. But now the intense headaches that lasted for 6 hours are gone and that's all it matters to me.
So let me get this right you stopped smoking thanks to vaping, Now your getting headaches after vaping for over three years and you say it is basically the juice causing it. I pointed out another reason other than juice it could be because it happened to me. Instead of saying thanks for your advice you continue to blame it in vaping (sorta) and then say (sorta) you going to quit vaping and smoking. After reading what you have said it appears you just want to quit both. I would not put down vaping after it has got you off ciggs because you quitting both when you don't actually know for a fact it was due to vaping. I gave you a very good reason other than the juice it could be because it happened to me and for a good while you ignored my reply, I spent my time for you to help you only to discover you had your mind already made up to quit in the first place. The advice I gave you about the metals was good advice and if you had not decided to already quit you could have used it. Congratulations on getting off ciggs and vaping but don't blame vaping for causing your problems when you don't know for sure it was the juice.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its magoo
Put that powder in your brain. It will stop the sperm from multiplying. We have enough idiots in this world
I do care.
con_brawndofoodpyramid-1.jpg

VU Sponsors