Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife loves the wire! Says it is the easiest to coil, and I have to admit, these coils came out great.
3mm ID, 7/6 .27 ohms for the pair. Vapes lovely.
No odd taste, no cleaning as the wire was absolutely clean.
I was skeptical when she said it was not springy, but it is magnetic and comes out to exactly what Steam-Engine says, so to me, that is that.

Glad I got two new black Supremes in along with the wire. Had to have something to try it out on.
View attachment 57995
View attachment 57996

Love that green cover on your VT! Looks great on the black frame:D

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ Deucejack & Steve: Thanks to both for the repy re: setting punch via Escribe.

Am relieved that's the only feature that requires sftw but would be nice if they eventually changed that too. Just imagining a situation where you have your mod away from sftw access and need to change the punch and... oh wait... one of the profiles is configured to not use punch? Is that the safe way to play it??
It is interesting you mentioned that. I got one of the SMY 75s that were configured by djlsb. That is the way he set it up and I am thinking that may be the way to go here on out. Rather than have each setup for a different material, they are setup with different preheats and punch, since those are the only things you can't set outside of escribe. I am thinking of setting my other mods this way with different preheats and punch, rather than different materials, then you can always change the material and/or power anytime without escribe. A new approach that I think is quite ingenious.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Very sorry to hear about the troubles there .. hopefully nothing that can't be fixed bro.

Just a hail mary .. but you could try re flashing one more time.
Re-flashed it 7 times and did every thing except take it apart. I'm done time to send it off. Thanks to all for suggestions and support.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VT133, Me, and Merlin taking the pimp on a Sunday.
f4941c55034626b94239746db4cc0566.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VT133, Me, and Merlin taking the pimp on a Sunday.
f4941c55034626b94239746db4cc0566.jpg

Interestingly I just ordered two Stainless/Silver* covers from FT.

I had planned on at least one for paint/plastidip experiments having about given up finding the color covers separately anymore, but later I started thinking about one of them on one of my Black frames.

Looks pretty good... I'm sure Silver/Silver is decent too.

* I had thought they were bare metal but yours looks painted. No?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interestingly I just ordered two Stainless/Silver* covers from FT.

I had planned on at least one for paint/plastidip experiments having about given up finding the color covers separately anymore, but later I started thinking about one of them on one of my Black frames.

Looks pretty good... I'm sure Silver/Silver is decent too.

* I had thought they were bare metal but yours looks painted. No?
I don't think it's painted but I love the way it looks with SS tanks. Got a lil matchy matchy going on. Lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's painted but I love the way it looks with SS tanks. Got a lil matchy matchy going on. Lol.

I believe they are painted. It's made from Zinc alloy. Earlier in this thread someone had a Silver cover that must have not been up to snuff because it had a spot that was worn and you could see the metal underneath. It's in here somewhere.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021114/4893600-authentic-hcigar-vt133-133w-battery-cover

Cheers,
Steve

Here's the picture I was talking about:
AfMTBLX.jpg

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe they are painted. It's made from Zinc alloy. Earlier in this thread someone had a Silver cover that must have not been up to snuff because it had a spot that was worn and you could see the metal underneath. It's in here somewhere.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021114/4893600-authentic-hcigar-vt133-133w-battery-cover

Cheers,
Steve

Here's the picture I was talking about:
AfMTBLX.jpg
Alrighty then I stand corrected. Still love the look of the Silver.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alrighty then I stand corrected. Still love the look of the Silver.

I do too, I have one myself. That picture just stuck in the back of my mind. I'm thinking maybe the metal wasn't prepped right. I wasn't tying to correct you Jack, sorry if it came across like that.

Edit: Here's mine, it's holding up fine!
IMG_20160519_190747_zps2vztwiu4.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do too, I have one myself. That picture just stuck in the back of my mind. I'm thinking maybe the metal wasn't prepped right. I wasn't tying to correct you Jack, sorry if it came across like that.

Edit: Here's mine, it's holding up fine!
IMG_20160519_190747_zps2vztwiu4.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Dude not at all, I have much thicker skin than that. Lol. I just honestly didn't know. Remember I'm a kid from Brooklyn. We don't get insulted so easily. It's all good.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a heads up to some of my peeps in this thread. Not VT related but I thought some people may like this. Mooch rated some batteries and the company didn't like his rating so they're offering a free set to anyone that emails them so you can try them out yourself.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1753895944899984&id=1636157550007158

Email [email protected] to request a set.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
After reading Mooch's tests, they are the last thing I'd want free or bought.....:)

Crazy nuts overrated batteries.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny, I was just looking at all my mods and realize that I need to snag 4 sets if batteries just so all of my mods are ready to fire at any point without stealing from one...

I will be staying away from the freebies tho and stick to my trusted chocolates. If anyone is looking for a great place to get authentic batteries at a reasonable cost I have been shopping at www.Illumn.com for a while now. They are also on the West Coast, so I get my shipping within 2 days from order.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
kind of my bottom line .. I spend all this money on juice, mods, atomizers and all other manner of vape paraphernalia. why would I cheap out on the battery? The battery is the heart and soul of the entire vaping apparatus.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kind of my bottom line .. I spend all this money on juice, mods, atomizers and all other manner of vape paraphernalia. why would I cheap out on the battery? The battery is the heart and soul of the entire vaping apparatus.
Indeed indeed! I feel exactly the same! I've regretted every battery purchased that has not been a HG2...open to any others tho...can't find them in stock from a reputable company.

Anyone know where I can get legit brownies? My favorite spot is backordered.

...hate that I married the last 6 batts that I purchased to my Triade and RX200S, the least used of my mods :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Indeed indeed! I feel exactly the same! I've regretted every battery purchased that has not been a HG2...open to any others tho...can't find them in stock from a reputable company.

...hate that I married the last 6 batts that I purchased to my Triade and RX200S, the least used of my mods :)

I stick with
sony vtc4, vtc5
LG hg2
Samsung 25r
any of those and you cant go wrong with any of those

I also go to http://liionwholesale.com/ or rtdvapor.com

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny, I was just looking at all my mods and realize that I need to snag 4 sets if batteries just so all of my mods are ready to fire at any point without stealing from one...

I will be staying away from the freebies tho and stick to my trusted chocolates. If anyone is looking for a great place to get authentic batteries at a reasonable cost I have been shopping at www.Illumn.com for a while now. They are also on the West Coast, so I get my shipping within 2 days from order.

I signed up for the free set to test (curiosity). I don't plan on using them for vaping but will put them in a mod and test them in the device monitor to see what type of voltage sag I get at different power levels. What can I say, I like to experiment/test. I'll probably end up putting them in my 18650 Flashlights or trash (recycle) if the testing really goes bad.

I normally use LG HG2's or Samsung 25R's but have some (8) Samsung 30Q's on the way. Mooch says the 30Q's perform the same as LG HG2's.

Battery-Safety-3-Up-to-20A2.png

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I signed up for the free set to test (curiosity). I don't plan on using them for vaping but will put them in a mod and test them in the device monitor to see what type of voltage sag I get and different power levels. What can I say, I like to experiment/test. I'll probably end up putting them in my 18650 Flashlights or trash (recycle) if the testing really goes bad.

I normally use LG HG2's or Samsung 25R's but have some (8) Samsung 30Q's on the way. Mooch says the 30Q's perform the same as LG HG2's.

View attachment 58040

Cheers,
Steve
Ha ha...Since my last post...I did the same as the curiosity struck. The Sammie 30Q are good. I do find similar performance..but in my observations the HG2 have a slight edge. Great batteries tho, so I stand corrected...I don't regret those..I do however regret the 25R purchase...just not enough capacity for me.

I might just pick up some more 30Qs then if I can't find HG2s

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ha ha...Since my last post...I did the same as the curiosity struck. The Sammie 30Q are good. I do find similar performance..but in my observations the HG2 have a slight edge. Great batteries tho, so I stand corrected...I don't regret those..I do however regret the 25R purchase...just not enough capacity for me.

I might just pick up some more 30Qs then if I can't find HG2s

according to the bench test those are great, I haven't used them yet...

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

http://liionwholesale.com/ Totally leght good prices and service and Jon is a member here.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up I received my Limitless Plus from FT today and it is indeed a V2. I haven't even broke the factory seal yet because I'm seriously considering asking for a refund. This is BS! I'm not a happy camper. On top of it all that both IJOY and Limitless are blaming each other for the change. They can both kiss my ass! :mad:

IMG_20160801_120026_zpseehkdrcs.jpg

Not a very Cheerful,
Steve

Edit I opened up a ticket on FT. I'm requesting a refund because this V2 nonsense was announced well after I ordered. I'm not happy with this bait and switch BS.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not to change the subject but I thought I'd give an update on my VT133 woes. Off to the post office to return it to ecig no questions asked and the e-mail said they reimburse shipping up to $5.00 - good deal.
Also the SDNA75 showed up today and liking it so far.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to change the subject but I thought I'd give an update on my VT133 woes. Off to the post office to return it to ecig no questions asked and the e-mail said they reimburse shipping up to $5.00 - good deal.
Are you going to wait for them to restock, take a refund, or get something else? Ecig.com offers top notch customer service!

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have absolutely nothing to worry about with ecig.com. They ALWAYS do the right thing. Great online vendor.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up I received my Limitless Plus from FT today and it is indeed a V2. I haven't even broke the factory seal yet because I'm seriously considering asking for a refund. This is BS! I'm not a happy camper. On top of it all that both IJOY and Limitless are blaming each other for the change. They can both kiss my ass! :mad:

Not a very Cheerful,
Steve

Edit I opened up a ticket on FT. I'm requesting a refund because this V2 nonsense was announced well after I ordered. I'm not happy with this bait and switch BS.
Awe man... I have not ordered one yet BC I have been waiting to hear what happens with yours. The prices have dropped to what the V1 costs....but this is absolutely BS.

Are you gonna send it back?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awe man... I have not ordered one yet BC I have been waiting to hear what happens with yours. The prices have dropped to what the V1 costs....but this is absolutely BS.

Are you gonna send it back?

Yes, I already opened a ticket saying I didn't receive what I ordered. I'm waiting for their response. This V2 BS was just announced a couple of days ago on IJOY's site, well after I ordered. IJOY is going to catch hell for this nonsense,

PS The first picture on FT's site shows the V1. I don't anticipate having a problem returning it. Last I knew they had a Florida address for returns from the USA. I haven't even broke the factory seal. I just put it back in it's package.

Cheers,
Steve

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They certainly have stock!!! Geez over 13k :) will have to do cost comparison though, BC they are also .50c more and I need to order about 8 batts. That's $4 more than Illumn, but then again stock beats backordered any day :)

Thanks again for the source!!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They certainly have stock!!! Geez over 13k :) will have to do cost comparison though, BC they are also .50c more and I need to order about 8 batts. That's $4 more than Illumn, but then again stock beats backordered any day :)

They had the LG hg2 for 7 bucks a couple weeks ago. Now they bumped it back up to 8. You gotta catch Imr at the right time. They are always slashing prices. But 8 bucks for an awesome, legit hg2. I love those batterys.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a heads up I received my Limitless Plus from FT today and it is indeed a V2. I haven't even broke the factory seal yet because I'm seriously considering asking for a refund. This is BS! I'm not a happy camper. On top of it all that both IJOY and Limitless are blaming each other for the change. They can both kiss my ass!

What a bummer after waiting so long. Very sorry. :(

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Wow, $4 more you say, for 8... :giggle:
The HG2's were an excellent deal for me at $10 CAD each from LV. The local B&M's want $20 after tax for each one here.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Not a very Cheerful,
Steve

I'm not trying to be heartless........ but its the same people that brought you the assholio......

I rest my case

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not trying to be heartless........ but its the same people that brought you the assholio......

I rest my case

Yeah, I hear you bro. I'm disappointed in myself that I ordered that instead of another Supreme. I should have known better.

PS That still doesn't let IJOY off the hook for pulling the bait and switch though. If I knew they were doing that, I would have never ordered it.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you going to wait for them to restock, take a refund, or get something else? Ecig.com offers top notch customer service!

Cheers,
Steve
I'm not sure, I have one in the mail but I really like the mod so if they get them back in stock soon I may just hold on or take a refund and reorder, then there's always the Triade. I just sent them the tracking number so I have some time to decide. Then again I WANT IT ALL RIGHT NOW.....Realistically I'll probably get another VT133 and a Triade and another SDNA75 and a Q-class but I never did have good sense or any self control.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Assholio, lmfao. You just love saying it. You're addicted and cannot pass up an opportunity to say Assholio. Lol.

no, no I cant.. that whole thread was a ton of fun.
at one point, I think the ijoye rep was even calling it the assholio
Yeah, I hear you bro. I'm disappointed in myself that I ordered that instead of another Supreme. I should have known better.

PS That still doesn't let IJOY off the hook for pulling the bait and switch though. If I knew they were doing that, I would have never ordered it.

Cheers,
Steve
no it sure the fuck doesn't let them off the hook!
that whole company is a trainwreck, imho

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I won't buy another Ijoy product since my chuff cap melted on my original Limitless. They offered to send me a free replacement for $18 shipping. Fucking assholios. Lmfao.
b9eaedc3190ad4247eb011153588dd3b.jpg

so they were not going to charge you at all for the part, but rape you in your assholio on the shipping.

damn... not even an ounce of lube

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I signed up for the free set to test (curiosity). I don't plan on using them for vaping but will put them in a mod and test them in the device monitor to see what type of voltage sag I get at different power levels. What can I say, I like to experiment/test. I'll probably end up putting them in my 18650 Flashlights or trash (recycle) if the testing really goes bad.

View attachment 58040

Cheers,
Steve

They are great batteries:cheers: They have free shipping for orders over 50.00:p

http://www.illumn.com/

18650 Samsung 3000mAh INR18650-30Q High Discharge Flat Top
Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000 Flat Top 11-$54.89
Subtotal$54.89
Shipping & Handling$0.00
Grand Total$54.89

Last edited:

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so they were not going to charge you at all for the part, but rape you in your assholio on the shipping.

damn... not even an ounce of lube
Yeah...that's unfortunate about the chuff cap...From my experience with my V1, the airflow would have to be closed during firing to melt....have not even gotten so much as a warm cap with mine (build). I don't vape past 50W on it either.

With the V2 changing...it appears that I am fine staying with the V1. The V2 was supposed to fix the potential issues with the cap (SS) and the ability to run a reg 510 simply. With this new stupid design, I will continue on with the V1, which is still great btw IMO.

Edit: was writing that on the road... definitely not trying to imply fault here. I'm actually just curious how it happened? What wattage, build and position of the chuff cap when that occurred. Mainly, I want to avoid whatever potential occurrence with my V1, especially since I don't see a V2 in my future now that Steve unfortunately got burned by FT :(

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah...that's unfortunate about the chuff cap...From my experience with my V1, the airflow would have to be closed during firing to melt....have not even gotten so much as a warm cap with mine (build). I don't vape past 50W on it either.

With the V2 changing...it appears that I am fine staying with the V1. The V2 was supposed to fix the potential issues with the cap (SS) and the ability to run a reg 510 simply. With this new stupid design, I will continue on with the V1, which is still great btw IMO.

Edit: was writing that on the road... definitely not trying to imply fault here. I'm actually just curious how it happened? What wattage, build and position of the chuff cap when that occurred. Mainly, I want to avoid whatever potential occurrence with my V1, especially since I don't see a V2 in my future now that Steve unfortunately got burned by FT :(
Dual clapton coils at .1 and 72w. Air flow was wide open. I fixed the problem with a Magma Reborn cap from FT but I lost the air flow control with that cap. Not a big deal since I always vaped it wide open anyway. For the record, no matter what build I throw in there when I chain vape the cover and top cap get extremely hot.

VU Sponsors