Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TODAY was my good day got vape mail, Stout and these wire 100% California Base company, I bought before and only used in POWER, their ebay listing says SS316L but roll doesn't any advice please Thanks

View attachment 57729

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Good stuff....made a couple 24ga SS coils for a Petri, I was amazed how much I liked the 24 compared to 28. Was able to crank the wattage way up in power mode, delicious vape.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Even though they say the Triade is pre-configured and it was up to date on the firmware, I wonder if there aren't some settings for the Mod configuration that aren't spot on yet.

Only thing I can think of is to run the Case Analyzer from the Mod tab in EScribe.
I won't say it was a day/night difference on my 133s, but it did make a difference.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Only thing I can think of is to run the Case Analyzer from the Mod tab in EScribe.
I won't say it was a day/night difference on my 133s, but it did make a difference.
Thanks, I'm also thinking it could be the TCR in the materials tab for the SS316 they included. I'm going to compare to Steve's profile for the VT.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I'm also thinking it could be the TCR in the materials tab for the SS316 they included. I'm going to compare to Steve's profile for the VT.

Or, you could always go to Steam-Engine and get the curve for the material and use it.
I've found little difference in using TCR or the curve, but since it should be more accurate and is easy, why not use the curve?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or, you could always go to Steam-Engine and get the curve for the material and use it.
I've found little difference in using TCR or the curve, but since it should be more accurate and is easy, why not use the curve?
Agreed ShowerHead.. I'm using the curve in my VT133 ecig file I posted. I used the curves for all the TC profiles except the one labeled SS 430 TCR (I also have a SS430 Curve - SS430 is what I mainly use so I wanted to be able to go back and forth. I use the curve now though after some playing around with both).

Cheers,
Steve

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@SteelDriver Brother which paint you use or is that this plasti dip thanks for sharing with us

fb05405444c4bf4200b1d61a56927470.jpg

Regular spray paint but sand down good put a coat on let sit couple hours another coat reapeat that 3 4 times then do same with a clear coat.
@Wingsfan0310 - It has arrived and thanks to your profile and suggestions the SMOK has provided a very pleasant first experience. Graphics in the profile are "Da Bomb". I've still a whole lot to learn, but now I don't feel any pressure, and I'll always have a handy stress reliever while I do.

2016-07-28%2019.02.39_zpsfjwsg6ps.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Agreed ShowerHead.. I'm using the curve in my VT133 ecig file I posted. I used the curves for all the TC profiles except the one labeled SS 430 TCR (I also have a SS430 Curve - SS430 is what I mainly use so I wanted to be able to go back and forth. I use the curve now though after some playing around with both).

Cheers,
Steve
I mis-spoke, I meant the curve, terminology to learn :sad: - Did notice differences between the Steve's VT133 profile and the Triade for the material temp curve. Looking for a CSV file to use as an example so I can edit Steve's curve into the Triade. Using the editor in Evolve won't allow me to remove the -100 starting point and replace it with the -58 for the values I found on the Evolv site, and I think Steve's curve starts there as well.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Best price i've seen so far on this for those that are interested 74.99

http://vape.deals/hcigar-vt75-nano-74-99/

and for those that are... Lets do an unofficial poll ... what does the price have to be to make ya pull the trigger on that?

I'd like to see it a bit lower at least.
at 50 bucks ill jump no questions asked... but I think itll settle around 60-65$ at its lowest point

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have much use for single battery mod....But 60.00 i would be all in:giggle:
I do, I still use my dna3s and 40s sometimes, but I would love a good solid dna mod with a little more power and that that tiny form factor

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well considering I bought the VT133's for under $80 and the DNA75 chip is at least $20 cheaper I probably wouldn't pay more than $60.

I'm actually not really into single battery mods. So even at $60, I'd rather put in the extra cash and get another VT133. That is providing Ecig restocks them.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano. I will try my hardest to resist the VT75 nano.
1 cent: You better start keep your eyes on Steve's Stash, that might help you :popcorn:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-4#post-1158854

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The one I'm going to have the most trouble resisting is the Lavabox DNA75. Providing it makes it out by 8-8. I have a soft spot for the Lavabox's. :D

Cheers,
Steve
is it going to be a 18650 or 26650?
I want one the size of the baby sharks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And so it starts. I just received this email from Essential Depot:

Dear Steven,

As of August 1st 2016 the price of Essential Depot's 4 Gallon VG and PG GlyCubes are going up by a minimum of 13% (from $39.00 to at least $44.00). As VG/PG customer I wanted to give you the chance to stock up and beat the price increases.

To order visit -> USP KOSHER Pharmaceutical Grade VG and PG - Drums and Glycubes. Glycubes only $39.00 until midnight EST Sunday

The upcoming Feb 2017 Federal E-Cig Regulations have caused a spike in sales to the 5000+ Vape Shops we supply. The associated demand spike across the industry has caused VG and PG prices to go up significantly. Our manufacturer and supplier is giving us one more week to purchase at our current price. Please help keep your price as low as possible by ordering at the current price before August 1st.

Thank you again for being an Essential Depot customer

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: You know Nic will be next:mad:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all you hoarders lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
You guys can't blame me this time, it's the vape shops.:giggle:. Besides I ordered mine awhile ago when they went on sale.

Mine is safely tucked away in my super secret stash hiding spot:teehee: :giggle:. I already posted about the sale some pages ago in this very thread ;)

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys can't blame me this time, it's the vape shops.:giggle:. Besides I ordered mine awhile ago when they went on sale.

Mine is safely tucked away in my super secret stash hiding spot:teehee: :giggle:. I already posted about the sale some pages ago in this very thread ;)

Thanks for posting that sale too, I picked up a 4 pack as well so I think I am good for a long while.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A real nice guy on this thread sent me some Nife52 to try. I just received it today and the TC graph is as flat as it gets. I'm really impressed. The vape is so smooth I was able to turn up my Temp to 440F from 420F. I'm not sure I should mention who it was but thank you Sir, very generous indeed! :slowclap: :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit He also sent me some SS316L Clapton wire (28, 36) to try. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now! :bliss::stars::stars2::hearts:

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nife 52? What is that sorry I am learning about new technologies of wires

It's a different wire (alloy) that can be used in TC. Here's its composition. It has a TCR of .004036. That's between Ni200 and Ti01.

Chemical composition
Name Main Composition (%)
Fe - Bal.
S - <0.01
Ni - 52
C - <0.05
P - <0.01

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's the TC graph of the NiFe52. It runs right along the Temperature Set line. It's Damn near perfect!

NiFe52 @470F, 2.5mm Dual Coils, 7 wraps, .14 ohms, on a Supreme :D
View attachment 57837

NiFe52 @430F, 2.5mm Dual Coils, 7 wraps, .14 ohms, on a Supreme :D
upload_2016-7-29_20-29-26-png.57831

Cheers,
Steve
I need some

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gearbest has the Black and Blue covers for under $5 shipped (each)
http://www.gearbest.com/vt133-_gear/

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: @inspects FastTech has the Silver and Black covers at $6.62 shipped (each)
https://www.fasttech.com/search?vt133

Steve, I am just going to think of you as my official bank depleter. :D My VT133 is arriving tomorrow. Could not wait for Hcig. Ordered from Eciggity the other day. $109 minus 10% (coupon code 10percentoff) brings it down to $98 which is good enough for me. And they do have free shipping but it doesn't come with ins so sprung for Priority Mail. And now you show me these batt covers. You're worse than watching the shopping network. I'm going to have to block your account pretty soon. :D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, I am just going to think of you as my official bank depleter. :D My VT133 is arriving tomorrow. Could not wait for Hcig. Ordered from Eciggity the other day. $109 minus 10% (coupon code 10percentoff) brings it down to $98 which is good enough for me. And they do have free shipping but it doesn't come with ins so sprung for Priority Mail. And now you show me these batt covers. You're worse than watching the shopping network. I'm going to have to block your account pretty soon. :D
My bank has just informed me that they are placing a block on anything Steve says......it is costing me too much money

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I like to think of it as I save you money. I try to only talk about things that I wish I would have bought first instead of stuff that left me unsatisfied. Hows that for spin? :D:giggle::devil:

Cheers,
Steve

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the TC graph of the NiFe52. It runs right along the Temperature Set line. It's Damn near perfect!

While you didn't graph it (I never do either) Escribe caught a hint of the tremendous resistance rise, relative to our Stainless. And that's NiFe's TCR selling point.

Oh yeah... and "dual use" like our SS (which is my main reason for using SS).

Or is it? And what about that nickel content? Dry burn safe? Use spaced coils only?

I've had NiFe on the watch list since last Nov/Dec... but I haven't run across those answers.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While you didn't graph it (I never do either) Escribe caught a hint of the tremendous resistance rise, relative to our Stainless. And that's NiFe's TCR selling point.

Oh yeah... and "dual use" like our SS (which is my main reason for using SS).

Or is it? And what about that nickel content? Dry burn safe? Use spaced coils only?

I've had NiFe on the watch list since last Nov/Dec... but I haven't run across those answers.
This is my first time using NiFe52. They have NiFe70 also. The number is the % of Ni, what's left is basically Iron. I'm not sure it it's dual use (I don't think so though) - I'm in research mode now. I think you can gently dry burn it but I wouldn't glow it like Kanthal. It's definitely a lot less malleable than Ni200. I'm really liking it so far. I'll know more by tomorrow.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I used spaced coils. I always do with everything in TC. I know it's not absolutely necessary but I like to make my life easier. I've found you have less issues with spaced coils in TC no matter what the material is you are using.

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey dont 'Block' his account at least for now as I placed order of BLUE AND BLACK which I haven't received yet.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all seriousness, I really think you are going to like the mod. We wouldn't talk about it so much if we didn't think it was a great mod. When you get it, if you have any questions - fire away. Lots of knowledgeable people here that are willing to help. :)

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In all seriousness, I really think you are going to like the mod. We wouldn't talk about it so much if we didn't think it was a great mod. When you get it, if you have any questions - fire away. Lots of helpful people here that are willing to help. :)

Cheers,
Steve

Just FTR I love Rip Trippers. Yes, he gets excited about nearly every product and makes them all look great (and that's what reminded me of this thread b/c we're all so excited about this stuff and the 'new thing' is endlessly replaced with an even newer thing... even before the last thing new arrives in the mail) :D, but people have to make their own decisions and it's totally bogus when someone blames another for 'making them buy something.' Which many blame Rip for, as if he makes anyone do anything. So while I am sure I will be thrilled with the VT133 if for any reason I didn't prefer it, that wouldn't reflect on anything but my own personal tastes. And I feel very fortunate to have reviewers like Rip and helpful people like you in the vaping community to try all the many things I can't or haven't yet... what would vaping be like without these reviewers or these forums!! A much duller, lonlier place!! So THANK YOU one and ALL!! Vape long & prosper!!

VU Sponsors