Become a Patron!

Having Trouble with Ti builds

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My local shop sold me 28ga Ti wire and said I would need it to use the temp function on my EVIC VT. I have only gotten one build to work in my kanger RBA and it was 24 wraps around a 3/32 drill bit. I bought a a TOHB v2.5 and got a coil to work on that, 30 wraps pulled into a serial dual coil build comes in at .26 after a few pulls but it started at .14 but even at 600F temp control I don't get a warm vape or any flavor but I do get decent clouds. Am I doing something wrong?

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very likely. 24 wraps is a lot of wire for a single coil. I don't even see how you can fit that in a deck. But post pics
df9b1b9732d87638ec89faa69fea2d2a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I tossed the 24 wrap coil

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you sure that's Ti and not Ni200? Check steam engine and you'll see what I mean.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if you build a dual coil try to even space it from the center post as well. Also looks like it's touching the center post.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a serial coil so it comes out of the top left ground around the center post without touching then connected the second coil to the positive center post.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a serial coil so it comes out of the top left ground around the center post without touching then connected the second coil to the positive center post.
Ah I see. I guess for now build a simple single macro build. 9-10 wraps

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I threw the box for the wire away and there is no info on the spool but I am sure that it is Ti. what gauge did you wrap the coil around?

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done that with this wire. The ohms came in around .08 if I remember correctly. One reason I bought the RDA was so I could try this wire out on a bigger deck.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't had a chance to build a new coil yet. Will let you know how it comes out tomorrow

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, sorry about the wait. I did 10 wraps on a 7/16 drill bit (just a tiny bit more that 2.5mm) and it is registering as .2 ohm. I guess I was trying micro coils and it just was not enough wire. Thank you for your help.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, sorry about the wait. I did 10 wraps on a 7/16 drill bit (just a tiny bit more that 2.5mm) and it is registering as .2 ohm. I guess I was trying micro coils and it just was not enough wire. Thank you for your help.
That sounds about right. Make sure they r spaced

bri66799

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used 28 gauge nickel and three strands twisted with a drill with six three millimeter wraps and it seems to be working good so far

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

thorpemark1

Member For 4 Years
I was having loads of issues with weak vape, with titanium.. (was following a guide which recommended contact coils , and lightly pulsing them to work out hot spots )
This weekend I tried a clapton (Ti core with kanthal exterior ) and it seems to work awesome/ not impact resistance. dont know if the kanthal is stopping shorts , or creating slight spacing in the Ti .. but it seems to work great,.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am new to vaping and I dont really know the difference between kenthal and clapton coils but I did do a Kenthal/Ti/Kenthal twisted coil and I still have problems with the resistance. The last Ti build came out at .2 ohms but my box mod registered at .13and would only fire in TC mode. I guess Ti just isn't for me.

VU Sponsors