Become a Patron!

Have you found your sweet spot?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if I have, but I'm relatively content with vaping 70VG/30PG at 6 watts from a glassomizer (clearomizer). Is there something wrong with me? Shouldn't I be vaping from a quad coil RDA at 50,000 watts like everyone else? What am I missing???

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everyone is different. People have different tastes and preferences. If you like what you're doing, keep doing it and dont worry about what the norm is. As long as it keeps you off the cigs and you enjoy the way you're vaping then don't worry about it

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something wrong with you? Not quite sure yet...;)
There's nothing g wrong with a good mouth rip from a clearo if you dig it.
I think Youde enjoy a 50/50 blend more in that range but to each their own.
fwiw, you ain't BOSS unless you're pulling drags from 400w on a 5' steamroller chimney.....

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whether you're vaping 2 ohms at 6 watts or sub-ohming at hundreds of watts, you're still just vaping. Do what works for you and you're doing it right!

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to make it clear, the vid I posted is satiracle....
i'd hate for someone to take it literally and hurt themselves.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure if I have, but I'm relatively content with vaping 70VG/30PG at 6 watts from a glassomizer (clearomizer). Is there something wrong with me? Shouldn't I be vaping from a quad coil RDA at 50,000 watts like everyone else? What am I missing???

I was content with an evod starter kit for one year on 50/50 juice with 30 percent flavoring.

Youll get bored of your set up eventually.

My bordem found me better flavor and reliability in some better products but certainly not within the whelm of subohm and massive power.

Using an RDA doesnt really dictate you have to build a subohm coil for it to use it for good flavor...Nor does thinking you need 25 35 50 75 100 watts.

Youll experiment more at some point and find something better you like...i know i have.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are not in the wrong, my setup is very similar to what you're using. Mvp2 with aspire bvc tanks running sometimes as low as 6 watts. Whatever works for u, if I go too high on the nic or power all i do is cough, personal preference and budget determine how u vape, not the next big thing.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vast majority of vaping folks I know never join a forum, use a pen style battery and cheap clearo with simple vendor juices. All they care about is that they are not smoking. They think my MPV V2 and nautilus is big and hits hard.

You're normal.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the sub ohm kanger set up and most times im under 20 watts.
As said it is personal. I try more power and taste burt to me.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I constantly wanted a cigarette until I found rdas and mechs. Since Ive gotten over that hump, I have gone back to lower powers with tanks, and can get by at work without dripping. But power and airflow were how I quit smoking for good.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have officially found my sweet spot/setup after many years of vaping...

Currently vaping at 36w's w/0.6ohm Eleaf Melo Sub Ohm Coils (O.C.) in a Eleaf Melo Sub Ohm Tank w/rotation of Monkey Shine/Real Cig/Blueberry Shisha at 12mg 50/50...

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My sweet spot is: whatever I'm feeling like that day lol.

I'm a variety junky and always have been, even when I smoked I never had just one brand of ciggs around I'd have 2-3 kinds plus usually a cigar or two around. I'm the same way with vaping. I've got a giant box full of different flavors of juice in different pg/vg ratios and I use a few different drippers and tanks which I'll change up several times throughout the day. Yeah I'm probably weird and I know it's crazy but I haven't smoked in over 3 months now and I LOVE vaping! I don't think I'll ever have a set "All Day Vape" but that's fine by me.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The vast majority of vaping folks I know never join a forum, use a pen style battery and cheap clearo with simple vendor juices. All they care about is that they are not smoking. They think my MPV V2 and nautilus is big and hits hard.

You're normal.
was also going to say that, my dad is this way. he sees me vaping on an orchid/vaporshark setup and just sees unnecessary work and complication, i see it as a better more personalized vape and moving with the industry. neither of us smoke, thats the bottom line

as for the sweet spot for a "hobby vaper" like most of us are, its always changing. i can think of at least four times in my 10 month vaping journey where i thought i had found my sweet spot with juice, building style dual coil single coil, wicks, even atomizer styles (tanks, rdas) etc. i expect that will continue as well, just part of this experience. just have fun with it, find something that intrigues you? spend the 10 bucks it takes to try it out

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some very helpful replies! I'll be setting up my new Smok Gimlet Cloud Tank (0.2 ohm coil) on my new Hana Modz one of these days. That might change everything. Maybe 6 watts will give way to whatever fits the GCT. Everything evolves in this business, apparently. I used to vape 100% VG (actually 5% H20, 95%VG) but became frustrated by it (never found the setup to fit that juice), so I shifted to 70VG/30PG DIY (I am marinating whole spices in the juice for my all day vape) along with an occasional top juice (trying Suicide Bunny now)...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some very helpful replies! I'll be setting up my new Smok Gimlet Cloud Tank (0.2 ohm coil) on my new Hana Modz one of these days. That might change everything. Maybe 6 watts will give way to whatever fits the GCT. Everything evolves in this business, apparently. I used to vape 100% VG (actually 5% H20, 95%VG) but became frustrated by it (never found the setup to fit that juice), so I shifted to 70VG/30PG DIY (I am marinating whole spices in the juice for my all day vape) along with an occasional top juice (trying Suicide Bunny now)...
Try 10 to 12 percent distilled water...working for me...no dry hits..no flavor loss.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The juice I gave up on was 5% distilled water. I added some Vodka to it and that helped. I didn't try adding extra water.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

"Relatively content" means you're already looking for something better. You just don't know it yet :)

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The search is eternal. I was thinking of a greater exaggeration for a setup: a triple octoquad coil RDA @ .00000001 ohms and 500,000 megawatts.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like others have said, stick with what works - I was good on Egos and clearos for about a year before I decided to jump in from a hobbyist aspect - and I'd be burning through a lot less juice if I'd have stayed there.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The search is eternal.

Not for me it ain't. My search is over: after much investment, I've found my perfect atomizer and my perfect mod.
It's strange actually to see all these new toys coming out of China and elsewhere, and think "Meh... won't be better than my stuff." time and time again :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not for me it ain't. My search is over: after much investment, I've found my perfect atomizer and my perfect mod.
It's strange actually to see all these new toys coming out of China and elsewhere, and think "Meh... won't be better than my stuff." time and time again :)

Now if you could just get your mod to work properly.:p

Sorry,had to go there...lol

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now if you could just get your mod to work properly.:p

Sorry,had to go there...lol

Actually it does work properly. Or rather, one of my two DNA40 mods works properly, that is. Or rather, they both works, but one of them thinks the battery is dead when it's full. And they both display shit and have dysfunctional battery meters. But they work I guess. Oh hell...

Okay you get the gist: I found my perfect atty (and that's for certain), and I found that I really, really love the bits of the DNA40 chip that work well - which, fortunately, is the core function of it, which is vaping :)

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just fired up my new DNA40 Hana Modz with attached SMOK GCT (0.2 ohms, Ni200 coil)...still experimenting but think maybe it was an unnecessary purchase since I vape at 6 watts and don't hold my finger on the firing button too long...

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checked RIP Trippers DNA40 basics. He uses 25 watt + 430 degrees (Fahrenheit) settings for high VG juice. He uses 25 watt + 380 degrees (Fahrenheit) settings for high PG juice. That seemed to be closer to a sweet spot with the 70VG/30PG juice and the GCT.

VU Sponsors