Become a Patron!

Have had the Kanger subox mini for over a year..looking to upgrade

Hey everyone,
So i've had my trusty Kanger Subox mini for well over a year now and it was my first real vape. I've gotten quite good at rebuilding the RBA and i prefer it MUCH more than the sucky OCC coils. The USB charging port recently got damaged and the mod itself is scratched as hell. The tank is starting to have the classic jumping Ohms issue and its a hassle to refill it, so I figured its time to treat myself to an upgrade.
I've had my eye on the Cuboid due to its size and the Smok TFV4 tank kit. I vape pretty consistently throughout the day and I never go above 15W on my Kanger single coil. Looking at the reviews, it seems like nobody vapes on the big boy vapes below 50W. Won't that be crazy harsh compared to the 15W i'm used to? Is the watt's relative? Would I have to get a lower nic mg (i'm at 6mg now) for it not to be harsh and get nice smooth flavorful clouds? That would suck because I just bought a crapload of 6mg juice.
I'm open to any tank and mod suggestions you guys might have. Basically, i'm looking to have something compact, dual battery, rebuildable, and easy to refill.
There's just too many choices and combo's available out there so i'd like some suggestions on what would fit my vaping habits

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run my TFV4 single coil rba head with a 1.2ohm coil at about 18-20w, you do not have to use 50 gazillion watts on any of these tanks.. not all of us want that type of vape and gladly most of the tanks can be built for lower wattage usage and still provide a rich satisfying vape

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally love the Kanger Subtank Mini and it is my go to tank on my mechs at 0.4-0.5ohms. I always use the RBA and I like the airflow of the tank. I also love that there are tons of replacement tanks, bases, o-rings and all other parts available for cheap. I also use Crown v1's.

If you want to play around with bigger coils, tanks like the Smok, Aromamizer (big though), Goblin Mini and many others will do the job. Problem is that low ohm coils in tanks with big airflow at low watts will suck. The Smok will do 1ohm+ in single coil as Emberwilde mentioned, so it might be a good option.

When I vape at 12-15w, I tend to use Kayfuns. Clones can be had for $5-10 and just like the STM, there are tons of parts available for places like Fasttech for cheap. Good solid tanks that vape great. The bottom fill on most of them can be a pain in the ass though.

Re: mods.. The Cuboid is good, but there are so many great options out there right now, so I would personally look at a bunch.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok in terms of mods
since ou are already usinga single 18650 mod
theres lots of choices
i would personally get a ipv d3 for around $40 most places
IPV devices have alway sbeen sturdy devices. I have teh d2 an dits taken a bath in the dish water and keeps working like new 18 months later.

in terms of a tank
keep going with you r subtank if that make syou happy
if you want something different

a merlin might be nice
it can do single an ddual coil
its easy to build on and can take all kinds of builds for supra ohm 1.8 ohms to super subohm .1 builds

it has a restrictor so you can reduce the airflow for a better MTL feel or open it up for more DL

its a pretty versatile tank in my opinion

other then that the tfv4 can as ember said work
but if you go that route and want to really play around with all the sub ohm prebuilt coils it offers you might wantto have a dual 18650 mod that can do 150watts or more for some of those crazy sextuple octuple coils

you can also check this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/next-generation-mtl-tanks-part-2.245308/unread

lots of single coil rta discussions going there with people who prefer lower wattage vaping . so that might be worth a read

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wismec RX2/3 with a Wotofo Serpent mini 22 or 25mm would be nice, battery life for days!
And a option to use only 2 batterys and keep a compact powerfull mod is great too!

VU Sponsors