Become a Patron!

Hard case for mod at work

Melvang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright this one might be a little different question. A little back fill. I work as a union millwright. Essentially a cross between heavy industrial machine mechanic, and machine construction and installation. I work on stuff ranging from 1/2 hp pumps to a job starting this weekend replacing a large shaker conveyor at a foundry weighing 45 tons, new one coming in one piece. Being a foundry, there is a lot of sand, grease, dirt, oil, grime, dust, welding fumes, etc.

I feel this is had a major contributing factor in the death of my istick 30w. I am currently using an istick TC40, however I just purchased an eVic VT and a Uwell Crown tank, in hopes of getting a bit bigger clouds and more flavor.

With this mod being vented on the bottom, I don't want to get all this crap in it. I don't like leaving it in my lunch box due potential theft, but mostly because I am constantly in and out of the building and like to be able to get a couple hits in between breaks when I can. What I am looking for is a decent hard case that I can use to put it is so I can just toss it in my tool box so if I know I am heading outside, I can just grab it and go. The biggest thing is I need it to seal up good, not just a draw string pouch. I would like a hard case with a zipper.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this. As a temporary fix for this when my mod arrives, I plan on just using heavier duty ziplock bags but I didn't have the best of luck with this when I had my MVP 2.0. Still got a load of stuff in it. Had to clean under the coil about every other day. That tank was the iClear X1.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Melvang

Melvang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great idea, didn't realize that Pelican made stuff that small. Will have to take some measurements when my order comes in.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is a Braun electric razor case. A lot more pocket friendly, but not as durable.
DSCN3237_zpskhewoxz5.jpg

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no matter how hard you try, aside from a food saver bag, shtuff will still get in there.
Im a welder, and ive only had my kanger subtank mini for a couple months. its the black one. Steel dust on my magnets, paint is quickly wearing off, exposing the shiny metal underneath. It doesn't help I have really rough hands. I refuse to wear gloves.

Melvang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no matter how hard you try, aside from a food saver bag, shtuff will still get in there.
Im a welder, and ive only had my kanger subtank mini for a couple months. its the black one. Steel dust on my magnets, paint is quickly wearing off, exposing the shiny metal underneath. It doesn't help I have really rough hands. I refuse to wear gloves.

I don't weld every day, but I do a fair bit, more grinding and cutting with a cut off wheel or oxy torch than welding. But with this being a much larger mod than what I currently have, I wanted something that could take a bit of abuse when I put my mod in my tool box. I just have a little top and bottom cart for my pair of 4 drawer tool boxes for my 2 wheel dolly. It is fairly sturdy, but tool boxes have been known to get hit and/or run over with fork lifts. I work as a union millwright around ironworkers a good amount.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for my back up at work, I use a kanger protank 2 on a 650 mah pen battery. lasts most of the day. Osha might be interested in the habits of your forklift divers. we have a couple that go way to fast in our little fab shop.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using a hardshell eyeglass case from the dollar $tore...And I too have the fuzzy mag syndrom on My Kanger stm...I use a stronger mag to pull off the fuzzywuzzys....Z

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A large eGo case might work for you. Here's a pic of one with my Sig mini 30W and Atlantis V1 3ml.

SoCPTnT.jpg

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
My vtr came with a really nice case that was useless until I needed something to put my rebuild tools in. Works great for me. I see similar ones on ebay in different sizes and colors.

I found a Lowepro camera case at Best Buy. It is hard shelled, mostly,(has a zipper) and measures 8x4x2 1/2. Wish I had saved the tags for the model info but you can probably find it on Lowepro website.

Attachments

• IMG_20160106_212050_kindlephoto-39675729.jpg
    IMG_20160106_212050_kindlephoto-39675729.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 23

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
another solution all together is to get a mod that can take the beating without a case. i am a machinist and use it at work, so i needed something that could handle solvent, cutting oil, and harsh drops as well.

so I bought a heatvape invader mini. its not perfect as a mod, but its sealed with a passage for a venting battery to blow through the molded silicone casing. I have been using it for a month now and Its nice to not have to worry about damaging my mod at work.
8a02a401b854cb0ee3658b40e04a0b9d.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a mech mod for work...find a set up that you like that will work with a mech mod....that way if the thing gets filthy you can just break it down and clean it easily.

VU Sponsors