Become a Patron!

Hand Made Box Mod Question

Hello people! I made an unregulated box mod with a mosfet i did not start using it yet becasue my wiring is touching the aluminum enclosour. Is that going to be a problem for my mod and its functionality?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hello people! I made an unregulated box mod with a mosfet i did not start using it yet becasue my wiring is touching the aluminum enclosour. Is that going to be a problem for my mod and its functionality?
Did you put batteries in it yet?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the wire sheathed? Then no issue... if the wire is Plain and the ground Or negative also no issue... if the positove touches anything but the 510 post.. you might have issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Is the wire sheathed? Then no issue... if the wire is Plain and the ground Or negative also no issue... if the positove touches anything but the 510 post.. you might have issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
That is why I asked if he put bats in, too see if it self fired.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What I'm wondering is... if he needs to ask.. why is he building a box mod? Sounds like he doesn't have the first clue about Mech Mod safety, let alone how to build one. I mean, if he doesn't know the difference between an insulated wire and non-insulated.. well enough said...

Just to clarify a bit so I don't seem like an ass...
Before building an advanced vaping mod, intended for use by advanced users... you should know how mechanical mods work and at least a basic understanding of electronics. You should already know the answers to the questions you asked here, before even attempting to build. Otherwise, you are just sticking a fork in a wall outlet.

Last edited:
No, not yet, i need to install the fire switch and the master on-off switch..i dont wanna risk with an unreggulated box mod...

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to check out findmyvapes.com he has very good videos or bigal's on youtube . Both are very informative on all fronts ..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No insulated cable should touch the box.... I recommend covering the interior with 3m carbon fiber or spray it with that rubber seal spray..... It's not a fun thing to see a couple of 18650 venting in your mod and smoke and flames and crazy shit.... And then your trying to pull the batteries out and your acting like Curly in the Three Stooges....... Spinning around in a circle on one leg and screaming woo woo woo woo....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors