You get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We're also in debt to china for over a trillion. Kinda ironic considering all of the bad publicity by the media and those silly politicians.

Edit: I should say the U.S. is in debt to China

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You get what you pay for

Hey man, I'm liking my cheap as dirt Orhcid clone... although I don't think I'll buy directly from China, again.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i'm waiting on a goblin mini clone from ft. if it goes well i'll order others, the selection and prices is crazy

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'm waiting on a goblin mini clone from ft. if it goes well i'll order others, the selection and prices is crazy
I just checked my order history with them and I've ordered 10 times since 11/2014. I've only had one problem with them and they fixed it with little to no hassle. As for clones, they can be hit or miss, but they're clones, sooo. I like being able to check and ask questions on their forum it takes out a lot of the guess work. As for shipping, it can be slow, but that's China not FT. If you order over $20 you will get free upgraded shipping with USPS tracking. If you order less than $20, you can pay the additional +/-$1 to upgrade from snail mail. I also like that they post a picture of your package as it scans showing that it's packed and ready to ship. More than likely I will order the UD Bellus from them sometime in the near future.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3455700

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man, I'm liking my cheap as dirt Orhcid clone... although I don't think I'll buy directly from China, again.

I bought a lot from fast tech especially the Kayfuns,taifuns, a lot of RTA's remember that time?
Clone mech mods HADES,nemesis,stingrays hahaha wow I gave it all away

Rda I got some 26650 rdas I don't remember which ones

Drip tips are the best deal!!

I just bought 2 VELOCITY RDA BLACK/SS from ft..

But you know what I'd rather buy from FT than GEARBEST!! At least ft will tell you if it's authentic, GB lie about their products! That's the store I will definitely recommend everybody not to buy

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i've learned a lot following the discussions on ft, a lot of people really know their shit.
i'm eyeballing a perti, stumpy and derringer rda's. all have good reviews, and cost for all 3 is $26!!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a lot from fast tech especially the Kayfuns,taifuns, a lot of RTA's remember that time?
Clone mech mods HADES,nemesis,stingrays hahaha wow I gave it all away

Rda I got some 26650 rdas I don't remember which ones

Drip tips are the best deal!!

I just bought 2 VELOCITY RDA BLACK/SS from ft..

But you know what I'd rather buy from FT than GEARBEST!! At least ft will tell you if it's authentic, GB lie about their products! That's the store I will definitely recommend everybody not to buy

If you like drip tips try these.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3122300

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
added a couple of those drip tips to my cart :)
You'll like them. They're great for adding a fluffiness to certain flavors. They have a shower head effect that also prevents spit back which is great especially if you have a build that is giving spit back and you don't have time or just not in the mood to re-wick.

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, with the understanding that shipping to Afghanistan requires an APO transfer through the US and accepting the delay that comes with shipping from China to the US to Afghanistan (trust me, the concept that it flew over me in that process is just mind boggling), FastTech...sucks.

So, a story of three orders.
As a contractor I work with a lot of military members here. We were discussing new devices and were all excited about the TVF4 by Smok, coils (an 8 clapton coil...c'mon) as well as some other items. I placed an order that was all listed as in stock but accidentally let one item slip in that was not in stock yet. The promise date on the one item was about 4 days away.
When I noticed my order hadn't shipped in days I messaged them and didn't receive a response for two days.
I was notified that my order was pulled, ready and just waiting on the one item. I understood, it was my bad putting a pre-order in my cart.
5 days later, I noticed my order hasn't shipped despite the product showing as in stock. I once again message them and a day later I'm informed that my order is now awaiting back ordered stock items. The original items which I was told were pulled, were out of stock. Two days later I check again and the pre-order item is now back ordered, with a 20 day delay. I ask why they didn't send the rest of the order as requested and they said I could cancel the order, put everything but that item in the cart and pay again and they would ship in when it's all in stock.
Out of frustration for their poor customer service and being lied to (my order obviously wasn't already pulled), I cancelled the order.

Two military members here who also ordered went through longer more painful processes and then were told their orders were cancelled because the addresses were too similar (apparently they've never had more than one customer in an apartment building). After complaining and requesting a refund, they were told they would ship the orders. One took almost a month on top of the three weeks that they had waited, the other took almost 6 weeks on top of the original three weeks.

Now, in comparison, 3FVape.com was able to ship the exact same order which I cancelled from FastTech and ordered from 3FVape the same day...in about ten days. That's a fast turn around from China to the US, the US to APO.

Lesson learned....never order from FastTech.

Side note....three screwed up orders from three people at the same location, no apologies, no offers for assistance....just cold canned response like, you can cancel your order.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last year, I ordered a brass-toned Chi You kick ring from FT, simply because I could not find a brass-toned kick ring from any US vendor. It wasn't crucial, it wasn't expensive, and I knew that it would take a while, but still... 43 days? And they shipped it the very next day after I placed the order, and it was several weeks before CNY. My guess is that whoever handled the shipping figured, hey it's from FT, no need to rush, they know it's gonna be slow. Simply unacceptable. I've gotten stuff from Hong Kong in 11 days. The ONLY way I will EVER order from FT again is if I really NEED something that I simply cannot find anywhere else, and even then... I will weigh it carefully, to determine if it's truly a need, or just a want. And then I'll weigh it again, and search again, to be SURE I really can't find it anywhere else, because really I'd FAR prefer to never order from them again.

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please be aware that I an not secretly Chinese nor a shill for FT but then I'm located on the left coast USA and pretty damned easy to find.

That said, over 90% of my Fasttech orders arrive in ORegon eight to 10 days from the date I place the order if all is in stock or ships next day, If I take a chance on a future item, I never bet on anything that isn't supposed to be available in seven or fewer days. If an item a single item (or two or three) are holding up an order, I simply cancel that (or those) item(s) from this list indicating this is the case, at which time the remainder ships promptly.

My experience with customer service over the last couple of years or so has been good (have to creatively discuss a problem) to excellent ( problem fixed without question).

It's unfortunate that others have had experiences to the contrary. It;s not that FT is a tellar, can't-miss vendor but is definitely one which frequently has a cost advantage and lists items accurately (i.e. authentics really are so). They'll price match and sell for often for less than the listed cost 'under the counter' when manufacturers don't allow discounting, Just use the code MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) to get it for less. ;)

They're not perfect but in my humble experience (as I place orders once a month or more) pretty damn good.

My deepest respect and thanks for your service to 'Mutica, BgrmVapr!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fasttech has delivered 3 counterfeit products in a row to me. One being a replacement for the first, which they admitted was fake. It has been 12 days, and they won't even respond to my service ticket.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having trouble redeeming my refund $$ , the only way they do those is issuing Codes, if you pay with paypal , the system doesn't recognize the e-mail of the transaction so your screwed , I have several items that got returned just after the order went through and no doubt will never see my refund money

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having trouble redeeming my refund $$ , the only way they do those is issuing Codes, if you pay with paypal , the system doesn't recognize the e-mail of the transaction so your screwed , I have several items that got returned just after the order went through and no doubt will never see my refund money
I had issues with using the 'gift codes' from refunds and had to put in a ticket for help - twice LOL

Tonemofo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow, when I wrote this I was just pissed and needed to vent....lol. Two pages of venting....I'm glad I could help:headbang::vapemail:yea!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update, was my error, you don't redeem them in you certificate showing area , you have to redeem at check out , just copy paste the code(s) in the box at check out.:)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update, was my error, you don't redeem them in you certificate showing area , you have to redeem at check out , just copy paste the code(s) in the box at check out.:)

Yep, this. I've never had a problem whether I cancelled an item that was holding up a shipment or got a refund (PayPal alwaya). it lands in the Gift Certificates. Got another shipment today which was missing one item. 'Shouldn't be a problem.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
After waiting for 6 weeks on some coils I ordered I contacted them to ask what was the hold up. I received some explanation in broken English that took me a few minutes to decipher. (NOTE: I'm an English teacher and I've taught English as a second language and am pretty used to deciphering). Anyhoo, the gist of the message was something about international shipping. OK, it's coming all the way from China, I didn't expect it within a few days. So another 2 weeks go by, still no coils. I message them again and they claim it was shipped 2 weeks before. Hmmmmm, the tracking number they gave said it was still sitting in customs. FINALLY a week later they came and then come to find out they were clones. GEEEEESH :blah: Fortunately they worked fine, but after waiting over 2 months, I will never do that again. I'll pay the extra few bucks and buy 'MERICAN! It might be the same Chinese stuff but at least I'll get it with a few weeks!

SpaceOctopus

The Octopus of Space
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
..........JOIN ME IN BANNING FASTTECH.....PLEASE, It's amazing that Joe even gives them any play with all the issues and junk they sell. BUY CHINESE BUT DO IT FROM AMERICAN SITES...LOL

Thanks, I'm so goddamn sick of buying shit directly from China on Amazon & Ebay without being able to know about it first, I definitely don't need or want vape stuff that is potentially (more than potentially) dangerous, but most likely just crap, & from what I've experienced in the last couple years, it really comes down to quality control, which is an important step they don't give a crap about. At least when the manufacturers are from China, but the sellers/creators are located elsewhere, they hold the products to a higher standard & don't usually send out garbage to customers, mostly because they care about what their customers want & they care about their business doing well. When it comes direct, you are making a huge gamble. You can forget about being able to "return" items to them usually, too, since shipping an item back to China usually costs anywhere from half of, to even more than the price of your original item, & a lot of the time, you don't get any refund even if you do that, you're just shit out of luck. I was really close to shopping at FastTech, because they carry some things I haven't seen elsewhere, but you just saved me the hassle.

I'm not trying to sound fucked up, but China is absolutely destroying the online marketplace. Between all the knockoffs for everything you can imagine, & the straight up junk they're peddling & the inability to have the information before your purchase, they've made my life a living hell. I'm disabled, I am forced to do literally all my shopping online, & now I can't do that unless I go to an established site like K-mart or Target or something, & I don't know the names of all of the ones out there. They also love to scam people by gaming the system with fake reviews & using tactics from really stupid, obnoxious & evil "guides" that basically tell them how to get high rankings & dupe people into buying their crap, & use click-farms to boost their products, as well as use advertising with google & many other places. Unfortunately it's working a lot of the time, & most of us have no recourse. What can you expect from a country that has the majority of cyber criminals, & a country that oppresses & censors it's people so much?

Wish that these marketplaces would just stop allowing them to even sell anything if they're located there. Something along those lines.... I'm not usually ever for something like that, since it could potentially seem like discrimination, but if someone is from a high-risk location where the largest percentage of people there are scamming others & stuff, then there should at the very least be something in place to verify who they are & a way to obtain proof that they're legit, & if not, then sites need to just not allow it. Plenty of websites already do this for a multitude of other reasons that make even less sense, so I feel like it really wouldn't be too hard for them & it's completely justified anyway. If they don't start doing it soon, I am expecting to see a huge collapse of the e-commerce world eventually. I doubt anyone will want to keep shopping online much longer if it continues like this. Nobody likes being ripped off, scammed or tricked. All it takes is a little freaking quality control, man, it's not that goddamn hard, I don't understand why they can't just DO IT & why they don't realize that people are 100% more likely to come back for more, & that every time they screw someone over, they're causing damage to their business. It just isn't sensible. The money earned from one rip off isn't much compared to the potential multiple sales & recommendations to others from satisfied customers....

(I realize now this thread is several months old, so I apologize for chiming in so late, but I just felt it necessary to put in my two cents. Plus thanks. Sorry if doing so is lame. It was kind of one of those things where I already wrote it all & there was no way I wasn't posting it after that...) :/

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, I'm so goddamn sick of buying shit directly from China on Amazon & Ebay without being able to know about it first, I definitely don't need or want vape stuff that is potentially (more than potentially) dangerous, but most likely just crap, & from what I've experienced in the last couple years, it really comes down to quality control, which is an important step they don't give a crap about. At least when the manufacturers are from China, but the sellers/creators are located elsewhere, they hold the products to a higher standard & don't usually send out garbage to customers, mostly because they care about what their customers want & they care about their business doing well. When it comes direct, you are making a huge gamble. You can forget about being able to "return" items to them usually, too, since shipping an item back to China usually costs anywhere from half of, to even more than the price of your original item, & a lot of the time, you don't get any refund even if you do that, you're just shit out of luck. I was really close to shopping at FastTech, because they carry some things I haven't seen elsewhere, but you just saved me the hassle.

I'm not trying to sound fucked up, but China is absolutely destroying the online marketplace. Between all the knockoffs for everything you can imagine, & the straight up junk they're peddling & the inability to have the information before your purchase, they've made my life a living hell. I'm disabled, I am forced to do literally all my shopping online, & now I can't do that unless I go to an established site like K-mart or Target or something, & I don't know the names of all of the ones out there. They also love to scam people by gaming the system with fake reviews & using tactics from really stupid, obnoxious & evil "guides" that basically tell them how to get high rankings & dupe people into buying their crap, & use click-farms to boost their products, as well as use advertising with google & many other places. Unfortunately it's working a lot of the time, & most of us have no recourse. What can you expect from a country that has the majority of cyber criminals, & a country that oppresses & censors it's people so much?

Wish that these marketplaces would just stop allowing them to even sell anything if they're located there. Something along those lines.... I'm not usually ever for something like that, since it could potentially seem like discrimination, but if someone is from a high-risk location where the largest percentage of people there are scamming others & stuff, then there should at the very least be something in place to verify who they are & a way to obtain proof that they're legit, & if not, then sites need to just not allow it. Plenty of websites already do this for a multitude of other reasons that make even less sense, so I feel like it really wouldn't be too hard for them & it's completely justified anyway. If they don't start doing it soon, I am expecting to see a huge collapse of the e-commerce world eventually. I doubt anyone will want to keep shopping online much longer if it continues like this. Nobody likes being ripped off, scammed or tricked. All it takes is a little freaking quality control, man, it's not that goddamn hard, I don't understand why they can't just DO IT & why they don't realize that people are 100% more likely to come back for more, & that every time they screw someone over, they're causing damage to their business. It just isn't sensible. The money earned from one rip off isn't much compared to the potential multiple sales & recommendations to others from satisfied customers....

(I realize now this thread is several months old, so I apologize for chiming in so late, but I just felt it necessary to put in my two cents. Plus thanks. Sorry if doing so is lame. It was kind of one of those things where I already wrote it all & there was no way I wasn't posting it after that...) :/
Regarding Amazon and China sellers - it's a bit of a pain, but you can usually see where it ships from by clicking the link to see all offers from all sellers, then going to each seller, one at a time. However, there are some China sellers that put in fake info (showing that it'll ship from U.S.) in order to trick buyers. Amazon does do one thing that helps, though, if it's sold on the .com site, the seller MUST either provide a U.S. address for returns or the seller has to pay the expense for the return shipping to their country (even for the 'i changed my mind' type of returns).

All that being said, I agree that the Chinese sellers really are mucking up Amazon's catalogue. Awhile back I spent a hell of a long time trying to wade through the listings for an authentic samsung charger. Between the keyword spamming and the counterfeits, it was a pain in the ass. Amazon was much easier (and nicer) to shop on before they opened it up to the Chinese vendors.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention about the overseas sellers on Amazon having to provide a U.S. address for returns or they must pay for the return shipping to their country, since many customers don't know about that policy and didn't know if you did or not.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the past I bought a DOA product from Fasttech.
I sent it back without making a big deal out of it.
Sent them a copy of the mail delivery invoice and got a refund for both the delivery cost and the product, a few hours later.
What did you expect? For them not to ask what's wrong with it before authorizing a refund? For them not to ask you to send it back?

FT have reasonable customer service for a Chinese site and get their products cheep from shady distributors.
You keeping buying from them because you can't resist their cheep prices compered to US prices and even compered to other Chinese sites like HG or AVE40.

They are what they are, don't like it, don't buy from them.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed a great improvement in the refunds and amount of time they go from order received to order shipped, They have gotten quite a few orders from me and the last several have been problem free

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the trick with sites like FT is to bring yourself "back in the day" when so many things arrived in 4-6 weeks. In a way, I think we have been spoiled by modern technology. Its in all the best ways, and FT certainly has as much access as anyone else.. but I think of it like it makes me feel reminiscent and younger. :p

I also think its important to limit the items to certain things like atomizers, and avoid items like mods. In my experience, a dedicated shopper can usually find an authentic product cheaper that will ship from a closer location.

On top of that, I treat it like a surprise gift. Of course, I know it was ordered and all that. But, it usually takes just long enough to forget that its coming. The hard part is in letting yourself forget by not checking tracking or even thinking about it!

All that said, its a bit ridiculous that any such mental gymnastics even come into the picture. However, I do find they help, and I have yet to find another site with a large, cheap selection of clones with free shipping on everything. If anyone knows of one that ships from CONUS, please let me know!

Maybe I'm just more jaded than most though, as I tend to have to buy everything from IC's/electronic components to water valves from China, alongside some vape stuff.

VU Sponsors