1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Gx350 Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Ask An Expert' started by rob263, Feb 23, 2017.

1. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I recently got a GX350 and today when i was vaping it i noticed that one of my batteries was half and the other one was completely full and after a while of vaping one of the batteries completely depleted while the other one was completely full when i tried to hit it i got a low battery warning and it wouldn't hit i tried to change my battery for an hour or so too see if that would help and it still didn't change and would still give me a low battery warning and wouldn't ignite the coil or anything. Can someone help me find out what to do because i have no idea and there is almost nothing online because its such a new product. PLEASE RESPOND QUICK!!!

2. Paratech

Paratech I forgot VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Try using an external charger.
    If the batteries read the same in that as they do the mod it could be a defective mod.
    But, ensure both batteries are fully charged, put them back in the mod swapped from their current location and see if the same one discharges again.
    I mean see if it follows the battery or location.
    Maybe the battery is bad.

3. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Are these new & paired ("married") batteries you put in the GX350? It's important to not mix & match different type and capacity batteries, old & new batteries etc. in a mod like that.

4. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Wait, that is a FOUR battery mod................

5. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    The batteries are married and i have a nitecore charger

6. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    yes that is a 4 battery mod does it matter if they are in the same location they originaly were put in?

7. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I only suggested changing their location to see if the problem followed the battery or the battery location within the mod.
    With that mod you SHOULD use 2 married sets for best results.
    You don't have to use 4 married batteries, just 2 married pairs.

8. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    yes i have 2 married pairs but what i accidentally mixed the 2 pairs because i'm guessing there's 2 wires both connecting to 2 batteries

9. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    If I remember correctly the GX350 is dual series setup.
    If like the Ijoy Maxo, you "could" run it on just one pair.
    However that'd be a silly choice for a mod that size.

10. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    They were planning on making it a single pair but they said that they cancelled it even though its in the instructions

Deucesjack likes this.
  11. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Having looked around, SMOK no longer supports using this box in a 2 battery configuration.

And I'm lost because in your original post you keep referring to one battery being ok and one battery being dead. Are you installing 2 or 4 batteries here?

12. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok so on the screen interface when its on (with 4 batteries in it) it will show 2 pictures of batteries and on mine it shows one of those 2 batteries as completely empty and the other one completely full, when i try to hit it the vape just shows a low battery warning and it wont ignite the coil or anything

13. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is what the screen looks like and the other picture is what happens when i try to fire it

Attached Files:

14. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is with 4 batteries in it

15. rob263

rob263 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Update: just charged all the batteries fully and same problem occurs

inspects likes this.
  16. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    You must have received a defective mod, I'd return ASAP.

17. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    sounds defective like it's not reading one of the pairs so it thinks you only have 2 batteries in it

that's odd that they would do that

18. Geo1062

Geo1062 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like battery issues if you have 1 shorted cell it will cause all sorts of issues, not discounting a device issue, but have you tried them in different devices ? Having spent 10 years at RadioShack I have seen one bad battery and one bad cell cause havoc on electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Undivine_One

Undivine_One New Member

Blog Posts:
    I think it's a bad battery caused by the mod, I have an efest charger and I've had my new gx350 for 2 weeks and bought all new batteries marked them as pairs 2+ 2- and have one that shows it's charging but is no longer registering on the mod same as you but also shows none of the lines or percentage charged on the efest. That's my opinion.

20. rqtaney

rqtaney New Member

Blog Posts:
    Anyone find a fix to this? Same problem occurred with my recently purchased gx350, one battery on the screen is empty while the other is full. I have been running the batteries I currently have in the mod for months with other mods, so I don't believe those are the issue. I can wait for a new mod but if there's a fix for this that would be ideal.

21. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Is it always on the same side? I.e. if you rotate the batteries, does the empty bar switch side on the screen? If so, I'd say battery problem. If not, mod problem.

Also, I'd try cleaning the contacts.

22. [Nx] gunfire515

[Nx] gunfire515 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok so I had the same exact problem and I just went and got it fixed, one of your batteries is just a dud, it will still read as fully charged but it's just so dead it reads as a smaller battery there for one set is not married causing it to deplete at an uneven amount and that's why it won't fire trust me