Become a Patron!

Guns gone wild!

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would like to start this by saying that I know guns can be a sensitive subject for some. I am not posting this to start a fight just trying to show one of my interests outside of vaping that some of you may share. I am not interested in arguing about guns. I will however here and reply to anyone's point of view with respect, because that is what this great country is about.

So ooo let's see them!!!

b0c53aef37c860158b7a3eea8ca2e779.jpg

Sig Sauer p229 .40

N

Newheart301

Nice SIG. Been around a trigger or two. With my MD I've had to change my thoughts about point-shooting.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's your favorite weapon. I'm looking into trying a three gun competition here soon

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gonna go with my sig 40 my ruger ar-15 and my Remington 870 tactical probably

N

Newheart301

Hell those will do. After 20 years of teaching this shit, it's all about the trigger-man, not the trigger. I like a 45 for killin a man if ya got to use a handgun. Rather have any rifle. Scatter-guns ok, inside 100. Everybody likes different shit, that's why so much is made. NO matter what, it's all the trigger. JMO Confused ? Not really, When and How WELL, you manipyalate the trigger, is really what determines the out come.

Last edited by a moderator:

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hell those will do. After 20 years of teaching this shit, it's all about the trigger-man, not the trigger. I like a 45 for killin a man if ya got to use a handgun. Rather have any rifle. Scatter-guns ok, inside 100. Everybody likes different shit, that's why so much is made. NO matter what, it's all the trigger. JMO
Yea man I am a collector of sorts...got my start in the military shot the sig 40 and that was my first purchase. I currently own 35 fire arms, ranging from 22 caliber pistols to a Barret .416 sniper rifle...

But I have always wanted a colt python. Which I'm sure you know are not made any more and it has proven almost impossible to get my hands on one

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm defjnitly a fan. I like the straight black, it's simple and functional, I'm not a fan of the shiny pieces, to much to clean lol

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm defjnitly a fan. I like the straight black, it's simple and functional, I'm not a fan of the shiny pieces, to much to clean lol
Lol, actually, if it was clean it wouldn't be shiny at all.
it's a matte finish and finger oils make it shiny.

My only complaint so far is the plastic grips.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's what I mean lol mine is matte too...I have cherry wood grips

N

Newheart301

Had 3 different snakes..... if ya shoot'm with anywhere near heavy loads or a lot... they get out of time easy. Hell in 1980, I bought a 6in. .. new out of the box... out of time so bad , after 3 cylinders it would lock up from spitted lead on the forcing cone. !!!! Never seen any lock-work made smoother.... or more fragile.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow! It's still considered one of the best revolvers ever made though

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Firearms. Another passion of mine.

I have a metric shit ton of different weapons. I like a handgun to CCW. A .380 is a nice light pocket gun. But I prefer a .45 in an IWB.

I have several long range shooters, a few entry and CQB rifles, and a few scatter guns. Like my small calibers too. 17 HMR, 22 cal....

N

Newheart301

Look closely, that's based on looks and smoothness of lock-work. Not reliability or durability. Hell ,the Smith has much better lock-time, no disputing that.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own a smith. I'm going to have to do some more research thank you for the info sir

N

Newheart301

Never been a passion... made a good living teaching small-arms, in some of "arm-pits" of the world. Always looked at them as tools.

N

Newheart301

If you really something special, get ya a " papered" M27 S&W.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its a shame that they just closed down the local indoor range and it's been far to wet and cold to shoot outside so to say the least the trigger time has been bare minimum.

I own Glock 33 357 sig and a Smith and Wesson .40. The Wesson was my first and then I turned to team Glock.
I'd like to add one more to my family sometime In the future but I'd like to have some suggestions on what to look at.
Suggestions?

Strikers are my choice.

Cool thread! I am glad there are others here who also like firearms.

VU Sponsors