Guess what!!! First fused Clapton

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Zohmbiebuilds, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Made my first using this terrible drill there is no going any speed but full speed. I get my b&d tomorrow. But my first try I was able to get a pair. I need allot of practice but this is amazing guys. I'm hooked. I'll love cranking it good ones by the end of the week hopefully

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

2. zephyr

zephyr Dirty Pirate Meg VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Pics???

mach1ne likes this.
  3. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Yup sorry guys. This drill sucks the big one. It jerks but this is what I did. I get my new drill tomorrow. I can guarantee some better ones with a variable speed drill that isn't from the 80s [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SpectoVia, zephyr, mach1ne and 4 others like this.
  4. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    This is the start to an addiction that has helped me kick h*roin m*th cr*ck and alcohol. Seriously. It's a good day, I'm blessed. My brother was found dead of an overdose in the woods by my old homeless camp... I have been crying and really upset on and off but I know that I can keep up. Im give on 6 months clean. I only want what's best for my life

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2018
    SkoldVape and Redbullque like this.
  5. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Congratulations. Welcome to the obsession.

KingPin! likes this.
  6. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Honestly I don't see if your do all your prep that work 36g Staples being to much harder

7. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I need my swivles, and drill and I'll be making pretty pretty coils with the rest of you coil heads...

CrazyChef v2.0 and KarmicRage like this.
  8. strigamort

strigamort Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hell yeah man, good work. You have a pm. ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

zephyr likes this.
  9. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Great work zombie :)

SkoldVape likes this.
  10. Neunerball

Neunerball Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    If you aren't as skilled with a variable speed drill, or having other handicaps, the Daedalus by Avid Artisan, is an excellent tool to use, in order to make various Clapton coils with ease. IMO, better than some of those clamping kind of tools.

KarmicRage likes this.
  11. Fudgey Finger

Fudgey Finger Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    They aren't. Prep is just really important. There is def technique though to not collapse the cores but other than that they aren't that much harder.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

KingPin! and mach1ne like this.
  12. mach1ne

mach1ne Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    nice work man. you are on your way :slowclap:

yup. if your prep is on point, staples and framed staples are no different to make than claptons. just try to learn to be as gentle as possible at this point. it will be easier to adjust to how gentle you have to be for higher gauge wire in the future. it took me like a year to realize i was ham handing all my builds and causing most of my own problems just by holding too much tension on the wrap wire, or pulling the drill too hard.

hows the vape?

KingPin! and zephyr like this.
  13. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    With the imperfections, the still lots better than demon killer coils. I look Nichrome tons better than kanthal. They came out to .14. great for my regulated devices. Hey fudgeyfinger, I took a wrap off them aliens and have been using [email protected] on my parallel build. Definitely have to build that or lower for parallel to ramp up instantly. Mech mods benefit from SS and Nichrome.

Thanks King pin buddy much appreciated. Hey strig glove you buddy I sent one back. I can feel my life getting better and I'm trying to be more positive.

I wub you VU

14. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I took heroine and crack for 8 years and I'm glad to see your clean. It's 6 months for me too but I'm on methadone and working on detoxing off it.
    Vaping really helps me too.
    Keep it up dude and congrats on your first fused clapton. IMO they are easy and very affective! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2018
    Zamazam, KarmicRage and zephyr like this.
  15. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I'm on maintenance too. It was the only way. Kinda weird how God has put some of VUs finest in my life and I'm so fucking grateful to have you guys on my side. You guys have inspired me many times. Have showered me a better way of life, and honestly, VU, thank you guys. All my Vu buddies, I wouldn't trade you for billions. I swear I wouldn't.

CrazyChef v2.0 and SkoldVape like this.
  16. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    That was very nice of you to say :)

17. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Man I'm fucking pissed off I've wasted almost my entire spool. I'm fucking through with this shit.

CrazyChef v2.0 likes this.
  18. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I don't build alot cos of my nerves so I feel your pain. I've been using my Cleito recently as I can't be bothered with building and getting dry hits or fucking leaking

19. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    But try some decent pre mades from AVS (advanced vape supply) that's what I do if I feel like using an RTA or RDA

20. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I am just learning. I am just really discouraged. I don't know why. I'm trying to build these fused Claptons and not using swivels. Swivles would be way fucking better. It would stabilize the damn wire. My retarded ass didn't see that I was ordering swivles from fucking China so yeah I'll see you guys in a month. God damn Chinese fuckers. Yeah I'm not in the greatest mood right now.

Just lost someone cost to me, feeling lonely, feeling like nothing I do is right. It's gotta pass. I am going to do an AA meeting. If anyone has any experience with not using swivles please save me lol.

gopher_byrd and SkoldVape like this.
  21. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Squiddoode's tutorial is all freehand without swivels. He also has links to tutorials from Twisted Messes and OhmboyOC.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    SpectoVia likes this.
  22. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Oh fucking fuck. I just had that "oh fuck" that's how to do it. Lol. Fused Claptons without swivel. Very simple. I got it I got it I got it. Whooooooo hooooooo ooooh too

It's all about the feeling. Let the wire move freely. Man I'm fucking proud. It will get better and better from here on out. 26 g fused Claptons 36g core. I am totally out of the wrap wire. It's ok. Man I've had a sad day today. What a way to make it better

SkoldVape and gopher_byrd like this.
  23. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    You sure are enthusiastic about building :)

24. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Bro I just got sick of those coils you buy pre made. Ohms being way off. Now that I've been using mechs I need to build .1 - .14 like specifically. These 26g nichrome80 fcs are .13

SkoldVape likes this.
  25. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    That's fair enough. I don't build that low as I don't need too

26. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Man I cant believe I got usable coils my first run. My second really sucked by 3rd I can Clapton and fused Clapton easily. I will need swivels but that's ok I'll probably only use swivels on more complicated builds. I had a good Christmas but man I lost my brother to the addiction. Specifically to the needle. A year ago I'd have told you he would be sober and that would have been me Frozen stiff from an od, Frozen because of zero degree winds chill.

This has been fucking me up thinking about this. His little girl and baby's mom. She loved him unconditionally. We all tried to get her away from him because she was sober and he's kind of a dick about shit doing dope in front of her, and I'm not cool with that she is working her program.

I lost someone very very close to me, this is not a first but someone this close Is almost intolerable. Almost. I relized that I have got to do a 90 n 90 to continue my sobriety. I have to work harder than ever before. I want this. I love myself today. That's something I never could imagine. Loving my self... Wow I can't even believe I said that. It's true. I value my life and I guard my sobriety.

I keep rethinking about him. This hurts.

SkoldVape likes this.
  27. gamecockfan04

gamecockfan04 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    God is great!! Keep up guys and never go back!

28. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry about your loss @zombievapereview.

Remember the good times with your brother and the bad will fade away. It will take a while, but it will happen. What has happened in the past cannot be changed, you can only control what happens today with an eye toward tomorrow. Peace be with you.

Zohmbiebuilds and SkoldVape like this.
  29. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry to hear it dude but keep up the good work and don't look back. Always look forward. It will be hard for sure and always is when you lose someone.
    But you can't let it get in the way of your life. Life's short and it goes by in the blink of an eye. We could all die tomorrow but you just make the most of things.

Keep up with the building. It's a very good therapy

30. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Man I really appreciate you guys.

You all are my extended family and if there is anyone struggling I'm here to tell you it gets better. It doesn't necessarily get easier, but all in all... It gets better.

I still have my days.. today for instance I was getting frustrated over something so stupid. The minute I step back, take a minute and regroup, it all gets better. As a drug addict I'm used to dwelling on the past, and feeling sorry for myself. I still have my moments but it's times like these that keep me goin. You guys have helped me a great deal. You have no idea... I am on VU all day every day loool.

gopher_byrd and SkoldVape like this.
  31. SpectoVia

SpectoVia VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years VU SWAT

Blog Posts:
    Saturn comes back around to show you everything
    Let's you choose what you will, will not see and then
    Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
    Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.
    - Maynard

Sometimes the hardest grudge to forgive is the one you have against your own self.
    Carry the strength you showed today into tomorrow.

gopher_byrd and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  32. Neunerball

Neunerball Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I've done everything available, including H*roin. However, I was able to quit everything the day, I decided to. For me it has been over 20 years. IMHO, (as cheesy as it might sound) it is mind over body! It might have helped doing martial arts, and meditation though.
    IM me, if you'd like to talk!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  33. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I wub you guys!

I am so happy I kept with it. I almost said fuck Clapton type coils.

It really is a point where it clicks and you got it.

I've upgraded my coil set I take with me.

34. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I need some more 36, and ribbon wire next I plan on making this my hobby every day

35. Neunerball

Blog Posts:
    What do you mean? It is your hobby, once you've started making your first coil! :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  36. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Bahaha, I love how you put it. Man I am getting good. The only problem is I don't have a job so it's kinda hard to get exactly what I need. I can't wait to start college. I'll have a lil bit of money to really get myself coiling. I now notice the cool green effect Nichrome has when done properly.

37. Neunerball

Blog Posts:
    I've been unemployed since mid February. However, I did have a severance package. Due to my wife having had a stroke, I decided to take care of her, rather than actively looking for a new job. Now, I'm on UI Benefits of $330 a week only, we can barely buy food, and pay our bills, not to mention the car payments.

38. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Geez buddy, I don't know what to stay other than I kind of know how it is. I'm starting college soon and hopefully getting my disability while I go. My case manager has been a huge help.

39. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I wish I could win the lottery. I would help all my homies out. VU homies first. Honestly I'm a loner nerd kinda person. Well I have a woman problem I'm trying to stop always getting into relationships and hooking up with girls. It goes along with my addictions. It's the hardest habit to break. Ugh this girl just moved in to the girls side. She's not even that cute but I feel like I'm a lame if I don't try n hit it.