Become a Patron!

Government Regulation on the way.

(I think this post belongs somewhere else? Maybe... My intent was to request this topic to be added for discussion. Sorry It's a bit long.)

In the event you have been residing under a rock somewhere, regulation is on the verge of being officially proposed for Vaping. The proposition is being spearheaded by the FDA and fueled by the bogus and highly inaccurate study published by the New England Journal of Medicine. The reality is that the our government stands to gain significant revenue in the form of taxes if said regulation is implemented. It also stands to reason that big tobacco would be the logical choice to control the supply of juice nationally as they are already one of the top Washington sources of political contribution. The result of this proposed regulation will inevitably be a drastic increase in the cost of vape devices as well as consumables. Government regulation will also affect the choices of devices you can use and how you use them.

What to do?

Speak out now. If your a vape fan, you have an opinion on this... you have a say. Call, write, piss off the media, write your congressman, get the message out regulation is not needed, wanted, or necessary. Before you do that, check out the links below. They will give a short summery of the situation.

Need to catch up? Check out the links below.

See one of many media stories currently being hyped against vaping at : http://www.wfsb.com/story/27923509/study-e-cigarettes-could-be-more-deadly-than-regular-cigarettes

Read the article at reason : http://reason.com/blog/2015/01/27/anti-vaping-researchers-called-out-for-m

See the Five link at (Great!): http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-five/article/2015/01/26/gutfeld-new-e-cig-study-goes-smoke

Forgive me if I'm mirroring other posts... I looked around for the topic and didn't find much. -Tony

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Studies, whether bogus or genuine, have no influence regarding the imminent regulation of vapor products. The fact ecigs have been studied is related to their popularity. There have been no govt tests to establish IF vaping should be regulated for our safety, hence it is 100% money motivated action.

We had a wonderful free market, free of all the bullshit involved with govt regulations, special taxes, and safety testing. The free market allowed a huge boom and the vaping industry was born. Sadly, just like every other free market people have created for themselves, govts have muscled their way in to get a cut of the profit. This taxing also creates the ability to use the full weight of the legal system to force people into compliance.

Now, if you refuse to let them steal your money thats cool too. However, dont be surprised when they kick your door down and put your entire family at gun point, while they kidnap you (and hopefully they only kidnap you and dont shoot you in the dark when you wake up to unknown people breaking your door down). Then they will steal your money, property, and time.
Pay us, or have your life completely fucked up is the moral of the story. Afterall, its for your own safety.

VU Sponsors