Become a Patron!

Got efests new 2900MAH 35A-actually good!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, they're 100% genuine cells. Fasttech are a decent retailer. They're up front with everything, they even tell the true capacity on the bullshit 6000mah cells.
I ordered 4 green 25R's from there, they were fine. I will definitely get more from there, as I got 4 for the price of 2 over here in the UK, just takes a good few weeks to get here, but worth it for the saving.

They only do the green 25R's now though, same battery essentially, just more recharge/discharge cycles.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can tell you why people *pay the premium* for efest batteries. They might not be the absolute *best* battery around but at least they know they're *good* batteries and, more importantly, that they're genuine (because they can check the authentication code).

We've had a rash of stores in my area selling *genuine* VTC4/VTC5/25R/HG2 batteries that were clones. We've had at least one instance of a mod blowing up that I know of. (Mech mod running a 0.5 build - blew the mod's button right off. Also have had several instances of them venting.)
That is quite a valid point-but as long as you stay away from VTC4's which are no longer manufactured and get LG or samsung 25R's for example, you get a better performing battery for less.

But that is true, they are not the 'best' batteries, but as long as you know what the rewrap is and the battery underneath, at least you know its that battery and not a fake. Also that they are nowhere near there constant amp rating-if you do get an Efest I would advise to always find out what is underneath.

I did get the 2900MAH efests '35 amp' when they first come out, and sent a few messages to Jon about them. He advised me to not really go above 20 amps, and he was right as it turned out to be a 20 amp battery.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Because of efests rewrapping and claims of being a battery it not. They claim it is an in house 35 A constant battery, whereas it is a 20 amp LGHG2 rewrap.

Due to this, you pay more, for an inferior battery (Still good batterys, just not good enough to have LG's logo on them-they don't pass QC enough for them to label them as theirs- this could be anything from simply not being 3000MAH and 2900MAH (most likely) to any other issues.

There's no evidence that Efest uses non-A grade cells, just FYI. So it is not necessarily inferior.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's no evidence that Efest uses non-A grade cells, just FYI. So it is not necessarily inferior.
Very true. I just always thought that a company, like LG, would want to maximise profits, thus only selling B binned batteries, and keeping the grade A's for theirself?

I only heard this on a youtube video, and a couple of times on here, but it could be one of them things that have been told as truth for so long, it's passed on as gospel, just like peeing on a jellyfish sting, no, that doesn't work lol, you want vinegar.

So it could be that it is false they get b or C binned batteries, but because its 'common knowledge' like the jellyfish example above, people think its true.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my question is, are they really delivering? 150 watts set should give you 6.7 volts on a 0.3 ohm build. Do you have a meter? pop the top on the RDA and measure whilst firing? Just curious.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my question is, are they really delivering? 150 watts set should give you 6.7 volts on a 0.3 ohm build. Do you have a meter? pop the top on the RDA and measure whilst firing? Just curious.

i've not actually tried, I do have a meter. I know my 25R's deliver as I managed 150W on my sig 150 and sig 150TC using a 0.24 ohm dual coil setup, and around 155W on my xcube 2 updated to 180W. I am going to get some 22 gauge as my lowest is 24 gauge so I can try to max my devices-thing is my efests are not married, I use them seperately so am not sure it would be safe to test them at full power as they are not married, unless someone can correct me on this.

VU Sponsors