Become a Patron!

Goon 1.5 legit?

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
hi everyone, I’m pretty new here actually it’s my first post. I just bough a goon 1.5 RDA and I’m nervous that this was a clone, can someone please advise based on the below pictures if this is the legit 1.5?

1762765F-5858-413E-8515-C53BC11DCF71.jpeg 26975B6C-89D9-4C08-93B1-A2005B664B92.jpeg 97A13C89-AF18-44C0-A2B4-62A65B6E3B62.jpeg F989B3A6-8606-4B74-9906-E4DF57F3DA35.jpeg 38E58CE2-3179-45B3-BC87-4744E6C493A5.jpeg AC543973-5199-4D8C-A393-0AA60A0055A9.jpeg ADCBFD3E-1039-463A-9E27-2F9F68C89424.jpeg D9A5843D-6DEC-4FE4-AC6D-A75EA5EDE96E.jpeg 26975B6C-89D9-4C08-93B1-A2005B664B92.jpeg 1762765F-5858-413E-8515-C53BC11DCF71.jpeg 1762765F-5858-413E-8515-C53BC11DCF71.jpeg

Attachments

• 6008F7EC-B40F-4E33-9105-DAD3A31418C0.jpeg
    6008F7EC-B40F-4E33-9105-DAD3A31418C0.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 29

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Can't help you with your ?, but
Welcome to VU :wave:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thank you hehe, I hope someone can reply on the goon 1.5
Goon's pretty popular. Sure you'll get some action soon. Where did you get it from?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How much did you pay for it, and where did you get it? Did it come in a bag? The biggest clue I can find is in the printing on the bag being different

I have a Clone just like that EXCEPT the screws on yours look better, with the offset slots to allow either phillips OR flathead driver, and the base of mine is stainless without a serial number

15266568575301386660264.jpg
15266568366681220890368.jpg

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Hello guys, I got it off a guy who sells legit stuff.. here in UAE Dubai vaping isn’t legal to import, so they sneak in items to the country the guy is selling it for 46.5$ and the bag and serial number picture are below.. the guy seems legit, but I just dunnno tbh.

Basically I bough it off him took all pics asked for a friend he said it’s fake because of the peak insolator color and the screw under the peak.. but I have a feeling it’s legit below are some more photos, tell me if you need any photos I got lods lol

ACC50FAC-D6DA-4AA4-B65B-6D2A1E71C9AA.jpeg

224889FC-1F6A-4C56-BD14-71C15EEBD738.jpeg

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
How much did you pay for it, and where did you get it? Did it come in a bag? The biggest clue I can find is in the printing on the bag being different

I have a Clone just like that EXCEPT the screws on yours look better, with the offset slots to allow either phillips OR flathead driver, and the base of mine is stainless without a serial number

View attachment 111401
View attachment 111400
Do you think the pictures look legit?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Could be a very sophisticated clone but looks legit to me. I have 9 goons, 4 of which are clones and very good ones. Of those 4 only one had a serial number and it was a very shallow engraving done after the finishing was applied.

All of the authentic ones I have look strikingly similar to yours with the serial number having been done before the finishing process. You very likely have an authentic goon. IMO

Welcome to VU by the way.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Could be a very sophisticated clone but looks legit to me. I have 9 goons, 4 of which are clones and very good ones. Of those 4 only one had a serial number and it was a very shallow engraving done after the finishing was applied.

All of the authentic ones I have look strikingly similar to yours with the serial number having been done before the finishing process. You very likely have an authentic goon. IMO

Welcome to VU by the way.
thank you for guidance.. do you advice any specific way to find out for real if
It’s authentic? Or it’s just luck hehe?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
thank you for guidance.. do you advice any specific way to find out for real if
It’s authentic? Or it’s just luck hehe?

I have always bought them from vendors I trust when buying authentic. I suppose you could ping the manufacturer and check with them.
https://www.528custom.com/pages/contactus

Have done this with other brands/items when purchasing something that I though was too good of a deal and it has served well thus far.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I personally feel confident you have an authentic item. The markings all look correct, fit and finish look correct and there is nothing alarming about the goon in your possession that flips a switch that says clone. In the same breath that could be the best clone ever. If the manufacturer responds to your email you can get them to certify it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have an authentic gold one. I agree with @jwill your black one looks fairly authentic, but when I zoom in on the peek insulator in the pictures you posted I can't see a whole lot of detail because the camera is too far out of focus for that.

Goon 1_5 fused claptons.jpg

stapled helix.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have several Goons, no black tho...I assume the B in the serial is Black?

I have SS and Titanium, they just have numbers, no letters.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi, yes the serial number starts with a B
Like I said, I don't have a black goon, perhaps someone who does may look to see if there is B in the serial number....none of my SS or Titanium have Letters.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Like I said, I don't have a black goon, perhaps someone who does may look to see if there is B in the serial number....none of my SS or Titanium have Letters.

They do start with a B.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oops....I do have a black goon, there is no B in the serial number.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fucking thing won't let me upload a picture....to big

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, have so many attys I can't track....bought the goons about two years ago from 528

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
So can we conclude this is an authentic one hehe? I mean let’s look at the picture of serial number top cap and deck.. do they look authentic enough?

B0014F78-8086-4DF2-A6D5-908D5CD8047E.jpeg
6747E462-6A2E-44E1-ADB5-9D57A1091344.jpeg
312B3658-B5C4-4AF6-9FCC-FF4F77A1C7C2.jpeg
58D95E40-D035-41A1-836F-5D423940AD8E.jpeg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
528 can verify that. All the photos posted here can be sent to them and they can bless it and personally would be very curious to hear their thoughts if/when they report back to you.

The only thing about yours that raises any eyebrows to me is how high the serial number is. The markings all check out, the machining in the engravings is smoothed out like it should be and you do not see tooling marks. Its either authentic or one of the best clones ever.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So can we conclude this is an authentic one hehe? I mean let’s look at the picture of serial number top cap and deck.. do they look authentic enough?

View attachment 111439
View attachment 111438
View attachment 111437
View attachment 111436
Yes, to me this looks to be authentic.
That's exactly what my authentic Goon v1.0 black looks like. But this topic is about the v1.5 instead... my gold Goon v1.5 serial number starts with a G because G stands for gold so B stands for black, etc.. :)

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys very much!! I am so happy I bough this RDA and got such a good and fast feedback from you lovely people... 528 replied to me asking for some details will post their final answer here soon!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only thing about yours that raises any eyebrows to me is how high the serial number is.
The high serial number is perfectly normal. Here's a picture I found by googling:

364311fdc96a5b65adf335fbfb446f15.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The high serial number is perfectly normal. Here's a picture I found by googling:

364311fdc96a5b65adf335fbfb446f15.jpg

Too much about this device says authentic. Not being able to say definitively I had to find something to raise suspicion. That was all I could come up with.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
It looks good feel rights and authentic... one issue I am having is it’s reading my dragonscales ohms wrong... I pulled them out of an RDTA they are a little over clipped so maybe that could be the reason.. instead of 0.15 it’s going 0.17 and sometimes 0.16 is that something I need to look into? Maybe a put on a brand new coil? Plus the good side that makes me sure this is authentic is how messed up the airflow system is just like all the YouTube videos hehe.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
.2 ohms could be a result of spacing, internal resistance of the device itself. There are tons of factors. I would go as far as to reason you cannot even tell a difference in the vape if you were blindfolded.

I have to ask, is this why you wanted to verify authenticity of this device? Because of a tiny difference in ohm reading?

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
.2 ohms could be a result of spacing, internal resistance of the device itself. There are tons of factors. I would go as far as to reason you cannot even tell a difference in the vape if you were blindfolded.

I have to ask, is this why you wanted to verify authenticity of this device? Because of a tiny difference in ohm reading?
No the reason is that here in Dubai there are so many clones and this is my first goon and I don’t know how a legit one looks like.. so ya plus importing any vaping juice mod rda into Dubai is illegal...

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Crazy to hear vaping is illegal. I guess we need to start getting used to it. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Looks legit to me. A coil will read slightly different at different stages. Like new and never fired, fired and hot spots removed, wicked and wet, and as the temp of coil changes etc. I wouldn’t worry about .01-.02 deviation. Make sure the pin is tight, coils are snug etc. Enjoy the goon, and welcome to VU!

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crazy to hear vaping is illegal. I guess we need to start getting used to it. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Then you never heard of incidents in Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Then you never heard of incidents in Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I heard that you go to jail if you vape in Thailand, Singapore and some other counties... in Dubai we can vape in public it’s just not allowed to import any vape good hehe.

So I’m wondering what’s the best build there is for the goon 1.5? I’m rocking a .15 dragonscale aliens positinig the coils right above the airflow so the air would hit the bottom of the coils and closed the airflow half way.. I wanna optimize the flavour.. any advise on the best way to do it?
721C0671-F426-455F-9775-1A18BE9B39BD.jpeg

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would move the coils just a bit higher, about where you can only see the bottom half of the coil through the air hole.

VU Sponsors