Become a Patron!

Goodbye smok and hello something new!

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
Finally sold my x-priv to a co-worker. And i never wanna buy another smok product. Looking for some good choices for mods that last and aren’t to big. Needs to be able to fit in my pocket. Who’s got ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally sold my x-priv to a co-worker. And i never wanna buy another smok product. Looking for some good choices for mods that last and aren’t to big. Needs to be able to fit in my pocket. Who’s got ideas.

I like the Joyetech Espion, the 2x18650 version - has a hinge door made of metal and it's solid as a rock.

Eleaf invoke is smaller, but I don't think the battery door will last (plastic, small clasp)

My favorite right now is the DPRO 133, but you can't adjust wattage. Wattage based solely on the coil's resistance and how charged the batteries are

If you vape under 40 watts, and want super small, try an Eleaf Pico

Those are my cheap faves, nice small size.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What are your requirements? There are plenty of smallish mods that meet your needs. Whats your biggest atomizer?

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
What are your requirements? There are plenty of smallish mods that meet your needs. Whats your biggest atomizer?

Just looking for a small box mod it can be a single or dual 18650. Or i wouldn’t mind a stick mod. My biggest atomizer is a 24mm bonza RDA. I had the tfv12 prince tank but i got tired of replacing coils every 3 or 4 days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And i never wanna buy another smok product.

I think the problem here was you only had a limited collection and you should have many more. I have MOD's from so many different manufactures if I am experiencing a problem I just grab the nearest to me that is ready to go and return to the problem device when I am in the mood to do diagnostics. To date the only MOD I own with an issue is the Cuboid Touch although it is still usable it makes me wonder about it. Strange shit going on. My Smok Aliens are serving me well though. Good Luck in your quest...............

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you do not need any bells and whistles a Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 is super small. They are also cheap and known to work.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably wind up with a thread about noise from the MOD is they went with a Noisy Cricket. Just a thought.......... :vino:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Probably wind up with a thread about noise from the MOD is they went with a Noisy Cricket. Just a thought.......... :vino:

Im nearly deaf so I have to ask, do they make noise for real? The NC II 25?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im nearly deaf so I have to ask, do they make noise for real? The NC II 25?

I have heard the batteries rattle and that is why it got it's name. I do not own one and that is why I would never recommend it only something I have 1st hand personal experience with like my SMOK MOD's~!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have heard the batteries rattle and that is why it got it's name. I do not own one and that is why I would never recommend it only something I have 1st hand personal experience with like my SMOK MOD's~!

I would feel a battery rattle. I have a couple of the NC II 25's and they dont do that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would feel a battery rattle. I have a couple of the NC II 25's and they dont do that.

Do a little research before you recommend something because I believe that one rattles when you fire it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Do a little research before you recommend something because I believe that one rattles when you fire it.

I have never had any issues with mine. I have no problems recommending them. If it makes a little noise it isnt the end of the world, I was just curious if they did make noise because I do not hear very well. I would take an NC over a Smok any day of the week.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How much can we spend?
What batteries do you have?
Do you have an external charger?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was looking at the new pulse bf 80w kit, that i wouldnt mind.

If you like single coils, that'd be okay. Pico Squeeze is really nice for squonking, and cheeeap, and tiiiiny - the ones on ebay come with softer bottles. Only for 22mm bf atomizers, and not super high power, though. Around 0.2-0.3 ohms is a nice vape

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
I think the problem here was you only had a limited collection and you should have many more. I have MOD's from so many different manufactures if I am experiencing a problem I just grab the nearest to me that is ready to go and return to the problem device when I am in the mood to do diagnostics. To date the only MOD I own with an issue is the Cuboid Touch although it is still usable it makes me wonder about it. Strange shit going on. My Smok Aliens are serving me well though. Good Luck in your quest...............

I hand an alien a while back buy it started glitching out and misfiring a lot so i just got rid of it and i liked the x-priv it was just to heavy and while im working it just felt like i had an extra 5 pounds in my pocket. So thats why i got rid of it. Just looking for something small that gets me through the day and that’ll pack a punch.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years

Plus almost all the smok mods ive had besides the smok prince baby stick have all given me problems.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
If you like single coils, that'd be okay. Pico Squeeze is really nice for squonking, and cheeeap, and tiiiiny - the ones on ebay come with softer bottles. Only for 22mm bf atomizers, and not super high power, though. Around 0.2-0.3 ohms is a nice vape

I would not mind a single coil. Plus I’ve never done squanking before and i find it very convenient to be able to squeeze the juice up to coil instead of having to constantly drip it. And squanking might be easier to while im driving.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
https://www.eightvape.com/products/aspire-feedlink-revvo-squonk-kit?variant=8642740387960

https://www.vapordna.com/Vandy-Vape-x-Tony-B-Pulse-BF-80W-Box-Mod-p/vvtp80.htm

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-or-trade-pico-squeeze-2.446193/#post-2300950

https://www.eightvape.com/products/wotofo-recurve-squonk-80w-box-mod?variant=12402308513909

A couple single coil BF:
C4 LP
Recurve (might find rda/mod kit)
Drop Solo

Batteries aren't always what they're advertised to be or what their label's say they are. To stay safer and know what you truly have, plz state the brand/model (ie Sony VCT5a), or pic, or link.

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest checking out these mods:

1. GeekVape Aegis Legend - This mod is touch as nails and can handle quite the beating while still having an excellent chip inside. If you want one of these, check out the new limited edition Aegis Legend.

2. GeekVape Nova - Powered by the AS Chip, the NOVA not only looks beautiful with its resin design, its also really good in terms of accuracy. This mod also has a boost circuit which makes it that much better than other mods in the market. The mod itself is quite lightweight so you may like that.

3. Vaporesso Armour Pro - Equipped with a beautiful OLED display and a sleek design, this is probably the best single cell mod I've ever used! The OMNI Board 4.0 compares with the best chipsets in the game. This mod also has 2A Charging which I found to be quite useful since this is a single cell device. You can use 18650's as well as 20700's.

4. Vaporesso Polar: A bit on the bulky side but still a fantastic mod as it has the omni board 4.0 as well as 2.5A charging.

5. Vaporesso Luxe - its beautiful 'glossy' design makes it a fingerprint magnet however, you may love the look of this mod.

6. Desire Design Rage Squonk mod - This is a dual cell regulated squonk mod designed in collaboration with OhmBoy OC. It's probably the nicest dual cell squonk mod I've used. That said, it is a bulky device.

7. As someone has pointed out, squonkers are a good option however, I would suggest regulated squonkers so that you don't have to build your coil specifically for the device (they are mech squonkers). If you don't mind the mech squonkers, there are quite a few good options.

For size, I was really impressed by the Pico Squeeze. It's such an awesome device due to its small size.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just looking for something small that gets me through the day and that’ll pack a punch.

I use my iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini or Nautilus X tank for work because it is small light and has Pass Thru Charging if I am stuff in a Server Room and my battery needs charging can always keep on vaping. Just what work for me you must remember.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
https://www.eightvape.com/products/aspire-feedlink-revvo-squonk-kit?variant=8642740387960

https://www.vapordna.com/Vandy-Vape-x-Tony-B-Pulse-BF-80W-Box-Mod-p/vvtp80.htm

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-or-trade-pico-squeeze-2.446193/#post-2300950

https://www.eightvape.com/products/wotofo-recurve-squonk-80w-box-mod?variant=12402308513909

A couple single coil BF:
C4 LP
Recurve (might find rda/mod kit)
Drop Solo

Batteries aren't always what they're advertised to be or what their label's say they are. To stay safer and know what you truly have, plz state the brand/model (ie Sony VCT5a), or pic, or link.

My batteries are literally called high voltage, lol!
c2bfc7db0c9af8631d0b6aab9dbc8697.jpg

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm too sure about those battery but anytime you plan on buying a set of batteries, follow this guide:

Credits to Battery Mooch, a highly respected battery tester in our vaping community who tests out various batteries and tell you exactly what the battery is capable of. Companies lie and the wrapper isn't a very good indication of a batteries capabilities so it's always best to follow this trusted guide.
8379ceb58c339a673ba1b19b116cd5e4.jpg

PS: if that image quality is crap, click here
https://ibb.co/dGZevq

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Oh dear...lol :facepalm: I like Samsung 30Qs, cheap, 3000mah, high amps (not The Highest, but high enough for <100 watts )

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years

Where did you buy these batteries I think they are probably re-wrapped cells..............[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine gave em to me a while back.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Those batteries are re-branded, which means they are not top quality materials and 35A 18650 doesn't exist so no telling what they truly are. As cheap, and most of all as important as battery safety is, use only premium name brand batteries like Samsung, Sony, LG...and the best correct variant for your setup.
Batteries are another learning curve. For now, pic your mod/setup,,,then we can talk batteries.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

For a durable Alien replacement, any of the Smoant mods (Charon Mini, Naboo, Cylon, Battlestar), or the Asmodus Minikin (v2, Reborn, Boost) are all good.

Also the GeekVape Nova, assuming it is not too big and square for you.

Of those I mentioned, I have a Battlestar and a Reborn. Battlestar does not have all the latest features, but can take a beating and is small/light.

The newer Smoant mods are a little heftier- you may want to handle one in a vape shop before deciding.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I also own an NCII and there is no rattle what-so-ever. It is as solid as a rock. The original NC rattled because the negative contacts on the door were on a see-saw. They changed this with v2. I can highly recommend it. Though I beg you to please know your battery safety before delving into it. It has 2 unregulated modes. And if your not careful you can forget which way you had it set last and run into problems ... guilty of doing that myself. So double check what mode your in before firing it up lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok ive narrowed down my options to the pico squeeze and the istick tc40w.

The iStick TC40W was my first ever MOD purchase and is still kicking to this day. I use it as my pocket MOD because the size is perfect and also good for sneaking a stealth vape now and then.

Last edited:

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
I agree about never wanting to buy another Smok mod - attys yes, mods no. They do terrible with TC. I also will never buy another Kangertech mod - the two I had died prematurely after a little over a year.

As far as small with good battery life, I would go for the Joytech Espion Solo. It's a single 21700 mod and has a responsive touchscreen.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
I also own an NCII and there is no rattle what-so-ever. It is as solid as a rock. The original NC rattled because the negative contacts on the door were on a see-saw. They changed this with v2. I can highly recommend it. Though I beg you to please know your battery safety before delving into it. It has 2 unregulated modes. And if your not careful you can forget which way you had it set last and run into problems ... guilty of doing that myself. So double check what mode your in before firing it up lol

Im not very experienced with unregulated mods so i like to stay away from them.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
I agree about never wanting to buy another Smok mod - attys yes, mods no. They do terrible with TC. I also will never buy another Kangertech mod - the two I had died prematurely after a little over a year.

As far as small with good battery life, I would go for the Joytech Espion Solo. It's a single 21700 mod and has a responsive touchscreen.

The only smok atty i like is the tfv8 baby beats. Especially the mesh coils that they have now. I still have a spare baby beast tank got a pack of the new mesh coils and im going on almost 2 and half weeks with the first mesh coil. Flavor is strong.

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years

Exactly what I thought when an unregulated mod was talked about in a new-vaper's forum. When talking about noise, I seriously thought they were first talking about the noise of 'mod go BOOM'. :)

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Exactly what I thought when an unregulated mod was talked about in a new-vaper's forum. When talking about noise, I seriously thought they were first talking about the noise of 'mod go BOOM'. :)
Well the NCII is a different animal. It has a regulated mode, via podentiometer (which is just a fancy word for a dial that adjusts voltage). As well as "unregulated" series and parallel modes. And all 3 modes, including both "unregulated" modes have to go through a chip with safety features just like a regulated mod. So It's a reasonable mod even for a beginner ... And a wonderful introduction into the world of unregulated vaping and building.

This is not to say you shouldn't take a little more care with it unregulated modes. Check your amp draw before firing always. But it is way safer than a mech or typical unregulated device.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the x-priv it was just to heavy and while im working it just felt like i had an extra 5 pounds in my pocket. So thats why i got rid of it. Just looking for something small that gets me through the day and that’ll pack a punch.
Someone above reccomended a single 21700 cell mod. I think it's a great idea. These bigger batteries do so much better in a single cell scenario. I have one that works great and is super light weight. It's the Aspire Puxos (100W). It came with a 21700 cell and it packs a punch for sure.

For dual 18650 the Thinkvape thor is the answer. It's not that small (About the same as your X-Priv) but the thing is very light. It performs really well. It packs a punch and is super light weight.

VU Sponsors