Become a Patron!

Good sub ohm tank

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
Any good sub ohm tank that can handle 100watts getting the tesla 2 100w box mod and a new tank any one know any I like the arctic sub ohm tank but wanting to try something different thanks in advance

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the mutation x tank if you build. I don't have one but it looks like a beast that could handle serious builds and watts

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many of us love the Crown with the 0.25 coils. Can go up to 120 watts, although I prefer it around 70!

The TFV4 is also popular, although I haven't tried it.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^stalker lol.
Didn't even think to mention the crown as I usually drip

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
I use to drip but just haven't had the time lately to do any builds on my rda and I've heard about the crown and saw some reviews about the tfv4 I also found the freemax had really good reviews any comments on if its any good

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Many of us love the Crown with the 0.25 coils. Can go up to 120 watts, although I prefer it around 70!

The TFV4 is also popular, although I haven't tried it.
TFV4 is solid for sure. Lots of coil options. My dual coil RBA I like at around 60-90 depending on what I want (lower more flavor, higher is harsher but enjoyable and brings out different flavors), but then I can toss on the quad coil which I'm on right now and pump 110-120w into it and get an absurd amount of both flavor and cloud (flavor of the 60-70w on dual, and more vapor than pushing the dual to it's max (110 for me) but basically no harshness). Downside is expensive premade coils (20-25 per 5 pack of quads) but that's countered by the upside of an easy rebuildable deck, between the two mixing it up I'll probably spend a ton less on coils than I did before with my old tanks. I have also even built a 1.4ohm coil and ran it on one of my older more sleek devices, did it just to test but planning on getting a mini and set it up as a more on the go option (probably drop down to 1-1.2 ohm)

I don't have the Crown but from reading everything it sounds like the Crown is the more foolproof solid easy tank (just make sure to prime the coils right), where the TFV4 is versatile as it gets and easy to rebuild coils having the gigantic heads but having flaws like some poor quality control and some other little annoyances.

Personally I love the TFV4, thinking about buying another one... or two, just because of that versatility, but I may get a Crown just because it seems so loved and sounds like a nice replacement to my Atlantis which I still love because anytime I screw up a coil build on my TFV4, no worries my Atlantis is sitting there ready to rock, doing well enough, though has trouble with high VG which the Crown apparently doesn't.

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
I got the sigelei 150w and my lvs has the TFV4 so that's probably going to be the one I'm getting have to wait a little bit to get it tho

All Your Base...

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aromamizer RDTA is the new king of tanks right now.

Last edited:
im new here but i have the snow wolf and tfv4 and love it although ive had some trouble dialing it in for consistant draws, but i run it at 85watts with zero issues and the occasional 115w and its been great. running the quad coil in it as i heard the triple will hit harder but burn out if you chain it. also have teh kangertech subtank on my sigeli but its only running at 40w but still a solid set-up that i use

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
Thanks I'm getting the tfv4 on Tuesday can't wait all I have right now for my sigelei 150w is the a tank that only handles 55watts max with the .2 ohm coil

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad to hear, can't say enough how much I love the dual RBA deck. Got some twisted 26g Kanthal in it running .2ohm, it honestly feels better than the quad coil for me personally. Thicker vapor production, can't quite get as much as the quad but the hit feels more pleasant in a completely unpleasant actually tickling my throat kind of way (something I like and miss from smoking), and also a tad warmer but it's not burning like my single wire coils were late in the draw.

Anyways, the RBAs are fun and while you can certainly get some wicked cloud production and solid taste from the prebuilt coils I do prefer the RBA's.

Also, http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-tfv4-vertical-coil-rba.141246/

Was fun and worked quite well, waiting on some new wire to try to perfect that vertical thing and I need to borrow my brother's dremel to get some more juice, but without making any modification to the casing I was able to do a vertical coil just wicking a strip of cotton from one juice well around the coil twice and into the other well and had a pleasant experience with it. I'm sure I can improve on it, but it was solid just with that.

One tip on wicking the RBA, get your wicks in (should be able to gently pull it through without much resistance, too much cotton and it's likely going to have issues), leave a fair amount on each side, then push the cap down and it'll put indents in the cotton. From there cut diagonally across that such that you have the tip going down the juice well while the other end is about at the top of the juice well, this leaves plenty of room to let the juice get up in there but it's still in there to prevent leaking. Then prime it up and push those ends into the juice well so it lines up and you can screw on the cap easily. Doing this I don't have any leaking (had it once or twice when I didn't leave enough on the ends) and I can use max VG without any wicking issues. Seen a lot of comments about leakage, but like I said never really been a problem for me except when I was doing it wrong (cutting off too much cotton).

I own the crown, the tfv4, and triforce. They are all comparable, i think i get the most clouds from the triforce tho. I'd say it's probably worth trying out if you get the chance

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one does good.... The Voltrove

Attachments

• MY MODS 032small.JPG
    MY MODS 032small.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 1

VU Sponsors