Become a Patron!

Good cherry flavor recommendation?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got TFAs marachino cherry and I can't seem to get it right. So I'm looking for a good cherry that i can shake and vape

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like TFA's Cherry Extract better than any other cherry I've tried. Inawera "Cherries" tastes like a cough drop; Lorann's Cherry is pure maraschino -- TFA's Cherry Extract is neither too sweet nor too tart, neither medicinal nor maraschino -- it's just perfect. :)

Andria

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you ^_^ I can't even describe TFAs marachino cherry. I've tried it at 4% and even 1dp/10ml and its still super strong and not like marachinos at all, IMO

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What andria says. Black cherry is used alot.

Never tried that one, though I've heard it's good; I'm not a huge fan of cherry, all those nasty medicines when I was a kid! But the Cherry Extract is very good; and I've heard that the Black Cherry is too, though I think I've heard it's more tart -- also not one of my favorite kinds of tastes.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you ^_^ I can't even describe TFAs marachino cherry. I've tried it at 4% and even 1dp/10ml and its still super strong and not like marachinos at all, IMO

If you do need a maraschino flavor for a recipe, the LorAnn's is very good -- it's just not the authentic cherry taste, but that sugary maraschino flavor.

Andria

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never tried that one, though I've heard it's good; I'm not a huge fan of cherry, all those nasty medicines when I was a kid! But the Cherry Extract is very good; and I've heard that the Black Cherry is too, though I think I've heard it's more tart -- also not one of my favorite kinds of tastes.

Andria
Black cherry used in cherry cola recipes. I have a kool aid recipe with it in it black cherry. Yes iam 44 years old and still drink kool aid.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shit nic makes most cherry flavors taste like cough medicine.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shit nic makes most cherry flavors taste like cough medicine.

Only the ones that already taste like that -- like INW Cherries! The TFA Cherry Extract tastes nothing like medicine, nor cough drops.

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only the ones that already taste like that -- like INW Cherries! The TFA Cherry Extract tastes nothing like medicine, nor cough drops.

Andria
INW Cherries taste like baked cherries. How much did you add ? 16% ? LOL

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
INW Cherries taste like baked cherries. How much did you add ? 16% ? LOL

Nope; I think 2% -- it was for the cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco flavor I make. It tasted EXACTLY like cough drops. The TFA does not, it tastes like cherries.

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope; I think 2% -- it was for the cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco flavor I make. It tasted EXACTLY like cough drops. The TFA does not, it tastes like cherries.

Andria
Yeah, wrong cherry flavor to add with tobacco.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, wrong cherry flavor to add with tobacco.

Guess not, it was plumb awful. But with TFA Cherry Extract, mixed with INW Deluxe TDM and Vanilla for Pipe... SUPERB! When I first made it, I used some TFA Vanilla Swirl too, but I'm thinking that the next time I mix that, I'll use some INW Shisha Vanilla instead; that stuff smells FANTASTIC.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Andria

Is that TFA Black Cherry you're referring to?

BTW where you finding the TFA Cherry Extract, didn't see any at BCV or ECX.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is that TFA Black Cherry you're referring to?

BTW where you finding the TFA Cherry Extract, didn't see any at BCV or ECX.

Yes, I've heard the TFA Black Cherry is good, but a little more on the tart side than the Cherry Extract.

I get TFA Cherry Extract at Wizlabs -- it's the only place I can find it other than the actual TPA/TFA website, and they impose the goofiest regs about shipping it; it's got alcohol in it, so that makes a "flammable" substance to the USPS, so it can only be shipped via ground, and with a hefty hazmat surcharge -- so I use wizlabs; no goofy regs. And also, FL is a lot closer to me than soCal.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, I've heard the TFA Black Cherry is good, but a little more on the tart side than the Cherry Extract.

Strangely enough, I've got 8 different Cherry flavors and I've never tried any of the TFA Cherries or CAP Wild Cherry yet, or FW Cherry Crush.
Still searching...

VU Sponsors