Going from a Mechanical to a Reg Mod flavor issues

Cory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guy!

Okay, here is the issue i'm having. I went from a Mechanical to a Sigelei 100w and im not going the same taste with the mod that i was getting with the Mech, with the mod its "muted" if that makes sense.

I'm running two TriCoils that Ohm out to 0.6 in Parallel with 26G Kanthol, and japanese organic cotton, with my atty being the Mutation X V2. I've vaped from 10W all the way up to 75w i just cant seem to get that flavor back. My atty is the Mutation X V2.

Any suggestion on different build, specs, ideas, wicks ways to hold my mouth (lol) anything?

Cory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lower the power a bit. Close off the air flow a hair.

I just restricted the airflow to 3 holes and tried a 10w vape a 15w vape and a 25W vape. no help still doesn't have any flavor.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Start with the numbers...

On your mech, with a full battery ( 4.2v ) on a 0.6Ω resistance coil puts out 29.4w of power... as the voltage drops to say 3.7v you end up with 22.18w ( I picked 3.7v because on a mech I usually found the drop pretty noticable in the 3.8v-3.9v range so I went 0.1v further )

To state the obvious real quick... As long as everything is working right and you are at the same power level the vape can't be different on two different mods when both are putting out a DC voltage ( PWM can alter things some... so you can only compare pure DC outputs ).

So now you need to test to make sure things are equal. Using an inline voltage tester... On the Sig, verify your output is what it says it is doing on the screen... Next test your mech mod to see what it is putting out... Make certain what voltage you measure on the Sig is almost identical to the mech mod using the same atomizer.

In short... as long as you are using the same build on the same atomizer.... and both the mech mod and the Sig are outputting the same... you should taste the same flavor and output the same amount of vapor. So test with the same airflow, ejuice... everything using the same atomizer.

The only things I can think of that may make it different are either the Sig isn't outputing what it is showing... or your batteries are sagging under the load. Testing is the only thing I can think of that can help determine the underlying cause.

Cory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Start with the numbers...

On your mech, with a full battery ( 4.2v ) on a 0.6Ω resistance coil puts out 29.4w of power... as the voltage drops to say 3.7v you end up with 22.18w ( I picked 3.7v because on a mech I usually found the drop pretty noticable in the 3.8v-3.9v range so I went 0.1v further )

To state the obvious real quick... As long as everything is working right and you are at the same power level the vape can't be different on two different mods when both are putting out a DC voltage ( PWM can alter things some... so you can only compare pure DC outputs ).

So now you need to test to make sure things are equal. Using an inline voltage tester... On the Sig, verify your output is what it says it is doing on the screen... Next test your mech mod to see what it is putting out... Make certain what voltage you measure on the Sig is almost identical to the mech mod using the same atomizer.

In short... as long as you are using the same build on the same atomizer.... and both the mech mod and the Sig are outputting the same... you should taste the same flavor and output the same amount of vapor. So test with the same airflow, ejuice... everything using the same atomizer.

The only things I can think of that may make it different are either the Sig isn't outputting what it is showing... or your batteries are sagging under the load. Testing is the only thing I can think of that can help determine the underlying cause.

Great answer, I checked it inline and its putting out ~4v, which rules out the mod. I also check it at 25-30w on my girlfriends Cloupor Mini, it tastes the same... But i found the issue, the issue isn't with the equipment its me.. I she says the flavor is there and even better with the VW, So my assumption is that my taste buds are off and I must be taking a cold, given the weather in my region that isn't a far fetched conclusion. Thanks for the help trouble shooting!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find sometimes when my mod is rocking a fresh battery I need to turn the airflow down a hair to get more of a pronounced flavor.

VU Sponsors