Become a Patron!

Goblin rba tank

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love mine. Probably my favorite of the current Youde tanks (Goblin, Goliath, and zephyrus).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the tank I use. I went from the Kanger Nano to the Goblin and haven't looked back.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am ordering wire and see how I do.
I have a kayfun after that I'll try different... My husband can build thou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Goblin is a nice RTA. However, the wicking is a bit tricky. You have to get it just right, or you have either dry hits, or it's leaking.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But once you find the right build its easy from then on. It only took me about 20 builds to get a consistent build every time.

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a orkid that was a tricky thing to get the builds right so it wouldnt leak. Even over sized the juice channels to get better hits once i figured out how to wick it to keep it from leaking. Just want give me what im looking for when it comes to flavor.

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they are like the orkid. You havt to get the wick just bearly started into the juice channel. Not to thick that it want soak up juice.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It can easily leak two ways. The first is if the wicks are to close to the air hole under the coil you can get juice coming down the air hole when the wick saturates. The second is if you don't have enough wick in the juice channels as you take a pull you will get juice that comes onto the deck instead of being saturated in the wick which will also go into the air hole. My main issues when I first started building my goblin was when I screwed on the sleeve/stack after I finished my build. If you get any cotton caught in the threads as you screw it on it can literally pull your cotton or displace the cotton from the juice channels. Now every time I build I "form" my cotton in the juice channels no more than half way down into the channels. I use a tooth pick to do this and it works well. I wet the end of each wick before I do this of course. Once each wick is formed into the channels the sleeve should screw on without any issues.

Also you will get condensation after each pull that may end up under the bottom of the tank and inside your airflow ring. This is normal.

Feel free to ask any questions. I was pretty pissed when I first got this tank, but it is a really good tank.

plumbernater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mcgrimmer said it better than i but if you follow his instruction which is my same way you will have happy results. I took a 3 mm diamond bit to my orkid juice channels . I make my coils the same size. There for my cotton doesnt have to be tappered to fit in juice channels. Made it a vaping monster as well.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the leaking coming through the inside air holes? If so, when you take a pull on it do you get several bubbles that come up in the tank from the juice channels in rapid succession?

VU Sponsors