Become a Patron!

Getting Sick Of This...

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a few orders lately with US based online vape companies where the items I want to order are shown to be in stock. I order them and then receive an email confirmation of the order almost immediately, and then I usually get an email not long after, later that day or the next day, depending on the time of day that the order was placed with a notice that the order was shipped......then the order sits...sometimes for a week or more....no update in tracking...just says pre-shipment info was sent to the USPS...I cant help but feel that these companies are selling items that they aren't actually stocking...no out of stock messages...no back order messages....dont reply to inquiries....nothing....this, along with the ridiculous amount of time the USPS is taking to deliver packages these days is making for China-like waits for product. Probably because the vendor is waiting on China themselves...I'm quickly becoming sick of this practice and these companies are going to get put on blast on forums and exposed if this sleazy practice continues...

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered a coil tool from Angel cigs several days ago.

Still have NOT had a shipping confirmation with my tracking number. Doubt I will order again from them. Any other US based seller I have bought from, seems to ship pretty quickly and sends me a tracking number pretty fast.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a coil tool from Angel cigs several days ago.

Still have NOT had a shipping confirmation with my tracking number. Doubt I will order again from them. Any other US based seller I have bought from, seems to ship pretty quickly and sends me a tracking number pretty fast.
Same deal with a coworker of mine that recently ordered from Angelcigs....he ordered a mod....the order sat for days. He called them to find out why. He was told because it was out of stock (even though it was listed as in stock when he ordered it). He originally wanted a refund but settled on a different mod. It took a few more days for them to actually ship it. I doubt he will ever order from them again as a result. Thats just bad business.

While, I'm venting, you know what else pisses me off? Vendors that have the same single item for sale on different venues. Recently, I found a company's website and they had a mod I really liked at a reasonable price. I put in my order, got the order confirmation and waited. The next day, I got a shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Good deal..I thought...Three hours later, I got a call from the vendor....it was out of stock..they sold the mod on eBay... WTF!..this, AFTER I get a shipping notice with tracking?....they had one item on sale at 2 different places?...sorry, I dont go for that kind of nonsense...if you have a product listed for sale at 2 different sites, have 2 of the product in stock to honor orders at each site. My first order with them was an epic fail on their end. They asked if I wanted a different product or a refund...I took the refund and will never order from them again...

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree. That's a shitty thing to do. I keep a record of any vendor/seller I have issues with. I do NOT give them business anymore, and I will be vocal about my experience, good or bad.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same deal with a coworker of mine that recently ordered from Angelcigs....he ordered a mod....the order sat for days. He called them to find out why. He was told because it was out of stock (even though it was listed as in stock when he ordered it). He originally wanted a refund but settled on a different mod. It took a few more days for them to actually ship it. I doubt he will ever order from them again as a result. Thats just bad business.

While, I'm venting, you know what else pisses me off? Vendors that have the same single item on sale on different venues. Recently, I found a company's website and they had a mod I really liked at a reasonable price. I put in my order, got the order confirmation and waited. The next day, I got a shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Good deal..I thought...Three hours later, I got a call from the vendor....it was out of stock..they sold the mod on eBay... WTF!..this, AFTER I get a shipping notice with tracking?....they had one item on sale at 2 different places?...sorry, I dont go for that kind of nonsense...if you have a product listed for sale at 2 different sites, have 2 of the product in stock to honor orders at each site. My first order with them was an epic fail on their end. They asked if I wanted a different product or a refund...I took the refund and will never order from them again...

A vendor who has an item listed in stock for shipping better have that item in stock. I've seen in demand mods and attys advertised on ebay and the stores website at the same time and had the same experience of ordering the mod, waiting a week and a half only to find out that the stock had sold on ebay for 1.5 times what I paid for it. The vendor wouldn't return calls, nor answer their phone, so I did a charge back on my card. That got their attention, they said they shipped the mod and the postal system must have lost it, yet the shipping notification still showed the mod as just having a shipping label created for it. Never again, I will not do business with companies that have me fiance their business and not deliver, or sell what I paid for on ebay.

Back when there was a shortage of .22lr ammunition, a local sporting good store owner would take the ammo he got in for his customers (prepaid of course) and sell it on craigs list for astronomical profits while lying to his customers telling them that the shortage would last a bit longer. The local customers spread the word once that shits business practices came into the open, in the end that asshole went bankrupt because he fucked over his customers and they made sure he wouldn't get any new business.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck was it a darkhorse atty from a company in so cal?
Sorry dude I saved shipping and 5 bucks getting it off fleabay.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only company I do business with whom is located in Cali is Eleaf (not directly though) which their stuff is manufactured by iSmoka up in the great country of China (really liking China lately) but the rest of Cali E-Cig related businesses seriously are out of control with QC, Pricing, Shipping, CS, and Ethics IMSHO...YMMV.

Lately I have been doing business with literally 2 vendors and grateful for their phenomenal service.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've placed quite a few more orders than that with them and can only think of one occasion when it took more than a day for them to ship...I have a select few go to vendors that I totally trust. Occasionally, I see a vendor selling something of interest and I'll place a small order. It's usually a small order on purpose..its a great way to see how quickly they ship and if they sell a decent quality product....it's amazing to me how many fail...slow shipping, no communication...poor CS...subpar product...when I'm going to spend any real money though, I go with tried and true...

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is why I stated YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) but for me, I am staying away from Cali based Vendors due to my experience with plenty plus I prefer to utilize vendors whom are a state and or within a distance that I know the delivery window will not be an issue and sometimes get's here sooner than the expected window time vs multiple sorting stops.

I also dislike Vendors requesting that customers take pictures and or videos of whatever problem they're having with said device/atty/accessory, since I don't own a camera and don't plan on buying one simply to please a company (my webcam isn't quality and that would do no justice to the problem at hand). If said vendor would simply ask that we send back the whatever so they can analyze it to see what might be the problem so they can contact the manufacturer to figure out what to do, either send it back to the manufacturer and or replace it with same whatever and ship it out (lot less headache plus would make the vendor look mighty ethical and having our backs). Instead I am and others are being treated as fraudulent just cause a minority scammed them or someone else in the industry, not cool on both aspects.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is why I stated YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) but for me, I am staying away from Cali based Vendors due to my experience with plenty plus I prefer to utilize vendors whom are a state and or within a distance that I know the delivery window will not be an issue and sometimes get's here sooner than the expected window time vs multiple sorting stops.

I also dislike Vendors requesting that customers take pictures and or videos of whatever problem they're having with said device/atty/accessory, since I don't own a camera and don't plan on buying one simply to please a company (my webcam isn't quality and that would do no justice to the problem at hand). If said vendor would simply ask that we send back the whatever so they can analyze it to see what might be the problem so they can contact the manufacturer to figure out what to do, either send it back to the manufacturer and or replace it with same whatever and ship it out (lot less headache plus would make the vendor look mighty ethical and having our backs). Instead I am and others are being treated as fraudulent just cause a minority scammed them or someone else in the industry, not cool on both aspects.
I have a camera but no software to upload it to this comp.
Plus FUCK geo tagging... gimme film I want a picture not a digital smear.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds to me like a lot of vendors are getting sloppy. Sell 1 item in 2 places, ridiculous. At least even with old slow tech they state x amount of days to be in stock. Had some stuff take a little longer than their estimate but I've never had an issue.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds to me like a lot of vendors are getting sloppy. Sell 1 item in 2 places, ridiculous. At least even with old slow tech they state x amount of days to be in stock. Had some stuff take a little longer than their estimate but I've never had an issue.
Not sloppy, but greedy. If vendors are going to sell mods on ebay and online, they have to have the stock to cover both and not burn customers with no stock on items ordered in good faith.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sloppy, but greedy. If vendors are going to sell mods on ebay and online, they have to have the stock to cover both and not burn customers with no stock on items ordered in good faith.
Very much agreed. I meant sloppy in the sense that their greed has caused them to make stupid mistakes, or was it a planned mistake? Guess we should all just stick with trusted vendors (found a lot thru here, only really used a couple tho with no issues) and any vendor that sells on eBay and a shop should be avoided IMHO, unless they're using eBay to clear out old stock I guess.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would say what is worse is when you place a order, get email confirmation, then get a email 3 days later stating the item is sold out. Would I like a credit or refund! How do you not know how many items you have in stock???

VU Sponsors