Become a Patron!

Geekvape Lucid 80W TC Kit with Lumi

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground membersa, In this review i take a look at the Lucid 80W TC Kit with Lumi from Geekvape. The Lucid 80W TC Kit with Lumi was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/lucid-kit/

Introduction

The Lucid with Lumi is Geekvape's latest starter kit which comprises of the 80W TC Mod which runs off a single 18650 battery and made out of very lightweight metal material which is an magnesium alloy and the plastic disposable Lumi tank. The Lucid which has a pico look to it and feels very comfortable in the hand i do like, the Lumi though i both was disappointed in and definitely while seeing the merits of a disposable tank it shouldn't be a tank that's included in a kit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

4ml TPD/Standard Edition

1 x Lucid MOD
1 x Lumi Tank (4ml built-in 0.3ohm supermesh coil)
1 x USB Cable
1 x Spare Parts Pack
1 x User Manual

2ml TPD Edition

1 x Lucid MOD
1 x Lumi Tank (2ml built-in 0.3ohm supermesh coil)
1 x USB Cable
1 x Spare Parts Pack
1 x User Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Lucid with Lumi tank came in the usual plain black cardboard packaging that Geekvape samples come in and on opening a few things stood out. First was how cheap looking the Lumi looked but with it being a disposable tank maybe i should of expected that, another was the material the device was made of, one glance and i thought it was plastic just very well made for a plastic mod and with the next look i'm considering it might actually be metal, the final things i noticed was how short and pocket friendly the device looked and how similar it looked to the Pico. I received the Orange version which is Silver with Orange front panel, its also available in Blue, Gunmetal, Black and Red, the Red has a Red body and Black front panel, the Blue has a Blue front panel and Silver body while the Black and Gunmetal colours are all one colour. The spine of the device which sweeps around to the sides to a point is a polished colour while the rest of the body has a darker more textured look, the front panel seems not to be a rubberised finish but a hard rubber material this gives even the all Black and all Gunmetal a 3 tone appearance. Going back to the spine and in large fancy font which i like is "LUCID" etched, one side of the device is featureless while the other houses the micro USB port. The face of the device is a rubber section which houses the fire button top before recessing to house the screen central then further down the navigational buttons side by side. The base has barely visible branding and safety stamps and chevron design venting, moving up top we have the battery cap one side which is on the tall size due to the device being so short and the Gold plated, spring loaded 510 the other side. The device is very light but just seemed to have a really nice feel and seemed strong so really wanted to find out what the device is actually made of and found out it's constructed of Magnesium Alloy which apparently the aerospace industry use when they need parts that are durable but lighter than the usual metal Alloy's used, it's also used for camera casings. Being shaped similar to the Pico with the only difference ergonomically being the recessed face to rest your fingers along with it's light weight makes it ideal for taking out and about and is very comfortable to use.

Lumi Specs and Features:

Size: 24 x 44.3mm (4ml)/24 x 34.8 (2ml)
Capacity: 4ml/2ml
Coil Type: Built-in Non-replaceable Supercoil 0.3ohm (30-45W)
Innovative pre-coiled Lumi tank
Non-replaceable Supermesh coil system
Clear polycarbonate atomizer
Top refill and bottom airflow
Optional 2ml/4ml e-juice capacity
Thread: 510
Colours: Blue, Orange, Gunmetal, Black

My Thoughts With Disposable Tanks

I have reviewed 3 different disposable tanks now and while up until the Lumi i have been surprised by flavour and performance and do see the uses of such a tank. Using when going on holiday or in a position you think your tank could be at risk of being damaged or lost, or just having a couple in a drawer for an emergency or maybe one in the glove compartment in your car. However including a disposable tank as a kit tank is encouraging over use of these tanks and just filling up landfill sites. I really don't get it, if you buy a kit you want a tank which can be used continuously just changing the coil when needed not one that after a couple of weeks needs throwing away and replacing. I suppose an argument could be made that some people want the convenience of not having to change coils but let's face it would anyone employ them!

Lumi Overview

The Lumi is a sub-ohm disposable tank with a pre-installed 0.3 mesh kanthal coil, with a rating between 30W and 45W and best of 35W to 40W. The whole top section including drip tip is one peace which is totally transparent, on the top of the tank next to the drip tip to one side is a removable bung which you remove to reveal a very generous fill port, the tank holds 4ml of e-liquid or 2ml with the TPD version of the Lumi which is much shorter. The fill method is the best of the disposable tanks i have used so far as the tank doesn't need removing from the device to fill and the port is a very good size, also the bung fits deep and tight making it very secure and in the event of it snapping off and you losing it during filling a spare one is provided. Obviously with no way of priming the coil when filling for the first time i would leave standing for 15 minutes taking the odd draw without firing. You might get away with priming the middle of the coil with the shorter TPD version via the drip tip but with the 4ml version most of the liquid will just go down the centre into the base and then out the airflow holes so personally i would just fill the tank then be patient. The Lumi also looks to have the best airflow adjustabilty of the disposable tanks i have looked at so far, the control ring can be removed which reveals dual cyclops, the control ring has 3 just over 2mm holes each side so you can have one hole open each side, 2 holes or 3. Moving to the base we do have a protruding Gold plated 510 but i would strongly advise not to use the Lumi on a hybrid.

Performance of Lumi

Usually the performance of the tank i would be describing and giving my opinion in the same section as the device but it wasn't long before i actually mainly tested the device with other tanks. The Lumi disappointed as i have been surprised by how good disposable tanks have performed. With the Lumi i struggled to get much flavour, now don't get me wrong before mesh coils became all the rage i would be saying the flavour with the Lumi was ok but it has a mesh coil installed and compared to the other disposable tanks it's quite a way off. I do like the fill method with the Lumi but i also thought the airflow would be favourable but wide open it wasn't the smoothest and seemed to get rougher as i closed the airflow down to have 2 holes per side and then one.

Lucid Specs and Features:

Size: 75 x 52.9mm
MAX power output: 80W
Output mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS
Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Material: magnesium alloy material
Battery: 1x 18650 cells (not included)
Temperature Range: 100-315℃/200-600℉
Equipped with Advanced AS chip