Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
40 Watts. It's only for like a second or two since it hits 410F pretty fast and then wattage is cut in half pretty much. Yes pretty much 7.5 wraps
TC mode can be a wonderful thing when it works correctly. Some MOD's have known issues with TC working, just a caution to thread readers.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC mode can be a wonderful thing when it works correctly. Some MOD's have known issues with TC working, just a caution to thread readers.

Yeah it was a disaster on my Fuchai 213 last year lol. My Alien was alright but not there also. I have a few mods over the last year and finally decided on a DNA and got the Therion so I can have some accurate TC. What a beautiful thing in TC. Don't know if I can go back to watts again.

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've yet to get into TC but after trying out a few ss builds i'm considering trying it. Coming from kanthal, I'm trying to find the right 24ga 316 build for the wattage equivalent of 30w. 9.5 wrap 3mm lacked the warmth that I guess you would get from the pre-heat. I'll have to try 8.5 or 7.5 and see how the surface area/heat comparison works out.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DNA and got the Therion
I purchased a Lost Vapes Therion BF this week. And now get to send it back. The damn buttons stick... all of them. I took a pull and when I got done the damn thing was still sizzling. So now I'm "gun shy" with Lost Vapes hardware.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased a Lost Vapes Therion BF this week. And now get to send it back. The damn buttons stick... all of them. I took a pull and when I got done the damn thing was still sizzling. So now I'm "gun shy" with Lost Vapes hardware.

Pure bad luck. Know a bunch of people with Lost Vape mods also. They make some good quality stuff. You got a lemon for sure. That sucks.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've yet to get into TC but after trying out a few ss builds i'm considering trying it. Coming from kanthal, I'm trying to find the right 24ga 316 build for the wattage equivalent of 30w. 9.5 wrap 3mm lacked the warmth that I guess you would get from the pre-heat. I'll have to try 8.5 or 7.5 and see how the surface area/heat comparison works out.

I have even set it to 30 watts but I have my Profile set as Temp Dominant with my DNA. It's literally for 1 sec it hits 30 watts. That's if I vape a few puffs in a row. If it sits there cold for 5 min it hits 60 watts preheat and boom I'm at 410 F in 2 secs. Just that I have so much control with TC with the DNA which I love. Makes my vaping experience go to another level now.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my only complaint about this tank is how the glass is just pressed against the top & bottom portion of the tank. i wish their were a lip to hold the glass like the lemo. if you over tighten it, the glass doesnt line up perfectly. under tighten and of course it will leak. other than that, nice tank. just waiting on the 25mm version lol

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are peoples experiences with 2.5mm ID coils in this tank? I was thinking that due to the relatively small wicking holes they might be suitable, and also help with wicking higher VG.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I re-wicked my Ammit and it's wicking even better now. I was pretty close on my first wicking, used a bit less cotton and shortened the tails a hair and seems to be spot on. I'm liking this tank, see how it holds up over time.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whats up vapsta's!!!!! Been vaping for about 7 months now and I love it. Currently using a Eleaf Pico 75w w/ Baby Beast. Last week I decided I wanted to try getting into doing RTA's. Bought the 22mm Geekvape Ammit RTA single coil. I used 26ga/ 32 Kanthal pre-made claptons,

My first build (with a pre-made) was a success, no leakage.

Attachments

• ammit_1.jpg
    ammit_1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 60
  • ammit_2.jpg
    ammit_2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 64

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Out of the merlin and ammit which is better?

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Out of the merlin and ammit which is better?

For flavour it has to be the merlin for me but they do tend to leak no matter how they are wicked up, the mini merlin has the same flavourful vape without the leaks but with a lot smaller juice capacity.
But the ammit is very close for flavour to the merlin, and without the leaks.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of the ijoy exo rta, which has the same build deck as the ammit and comes with both a 2ml and a 6ml tank.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I can't stand leaking pisses me off no end so ammit FTW :)

Is it better than the griffin?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had the Ammit a while now, two of them, and they are awesome with Clapton style coils. And no leaks when wicked correctly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cogli0ne

Member For 4 Years
Wow this thing is really a dissapointing piece of crap (for me)

At least a couple of times a day it gets stuck so i can't dissasemble it the normal way.

Instead the chamber unscrews from the top part and 'im left with this: the build deck stuck to the chamber and damn near impossible to remove.

The only way i succeded to remove it was by drying it and then using rubber bands to get a tight grip.

Why do i have to dissasemble it? To rewick it of course, because of the dry hits...

Any tips?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

At least a couple of times a day it gets stuck so i can't dissasemble it the normal way.

Instead the chamber unscrews from the top part and 'im left with this: the build deck stuck to the chamber and damn near impossible to remove.

The only way i succeded to remove it was by drying it and then using rubber bands to get a tight grip.

Why do i have to dissasemble it? To rewick it of course, because of the dry hits...

Any tips?
Well --- I've only had that issue one time, and that was when I wrenched it down like a gorilla on steroids (way to damn tight). There is no need to tighten it down that tight that it won't come loose easily.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Any tips?
When I first got mine, I had a similar issue. I put a little ejuice on the threads and then repeatedly screwed and unscrewed the top cap to work the threads. It works fine now and I haven't had that issue since. Just remember not to overtighten the top cap, but it would have been nice if there was some type of knurling as well.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone own this and the exo rta to see how they compare?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've got about $20 credit left on Element Vape that I need to spend... just can't figure out what to use it on. :confused:
Hannya rta looks cool. Never used one though just going by looks and price on their site

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hannya rta looks cool. Never used one though just going by looks and price on their site
Well, that's the problem... it's $20 credit but I never spend "just" $20 --- LMAO! Go big or go home? isn't that how it goes? :devil:
I keep going through the single and dual coil threads you and @Deucesjack keep posting and can't make up my mind on my next RTA.
OBS Engine & Mini are enroute via slow-boat china... :sad:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well, that's the problem... it's $20 credit but I never spend "just" $20 --- LMAO! Go big or go home? isn't that how it goes?
I keep going through the single and dual coil threads you and @Deucesjack keep posting and can't make up my mind on my next RTA.
OBS Engine & Mini are enroute via slow-boat china... :sad:
Which ones do u have already? I'll fill in the blanks of what else your missing lmao

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ammit, Merlin Mini, OBS Crius Plus, Herakles RTA-2, Wotofo Serpent, Baby Beast w/RBA, Big Baby Beast w/RBA, and just got the Hector from Heaven Gifts tonight. Haven't even played with it yet. OBS Engine, OBS Engine Mini enroute. iJoy EXO RTA in cart for three days now ...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ammit, Merlin Mini, OBS Crius Plus, Herakles RTA-2, Wotofo Serpent, Baby Beast w/RBA, Big Baby Beast w/RBA, and just got the Hector from Heaven Gifts tonight. Haven't even played with it yet. OBS Engine, OBS Engine Mini enroute. iJoy EXO RTA in cart for three days now ...
Yes on the exo rta. It's awesome.
Aug vape boreas
Aromamizer Supreme
Griffin 25 plus
Those are probably my 4 favorites
If u don't mind spending a bit the fumytech navigator bx is very impressive and unique build deck. Plus not a lot of people have it so it stands out.
Off the top of my head those would be my 5 favorite RTAs under 30mm

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes on the exo rta. It's awesome.
Aug vape boreas
Aromamizer Supreme
Griffin 25 plus
Those are probably my 4 favorites
If u don't mind spending a bit the fumytech navigator bx is very impressive and unique build deck. Plus not a lot of people have it so it stands out.
Off the top of my head those would be my 5 favorite RTAs under 30mm

Aug vape boreas --- they don't have it otherwise I already would have.
Aromamizer Supreme --- checking out
Griffin 25 plus --- I had the original Griffin 25 and ended up trading it off because the wicking was seriously PISSING me off (if you recall that thread). I've seen where this one is fixed with the wicking issues? And -- isn't it very similar to the Herakles RTA-2 ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Aug vape boreas --- they don't have it otherwise I already would have.
Aromamizer Supreme --- checking out
Griffin 25 plus --- I had the original Griffin 25 and ended up trading it off because the wicking was seriously PISSING me off (if you recall that thread). I've seen where this one is fixed with the wicking issues? And -- isn't it very similar to the Herakles RTA-2 ?
Yeah the 25 plus is much improved. That's why I waited for that version before buying a griffin. No leaks or issues from me. I do recall the thread though

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah the 25 plus is much improved. That's why I waited for that version before buying a griffin. No leaks or issues from me. I do recall the thread though

I don't have a Steam Crave atty, so that is now in the checkout. I'll get a Griffin 25 Plus on another purchase later. :rolleyes:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't have a Steam Crave atty, so that is now in the checkout. I'll get a Griffin 25 Plus on another purchase later. :rolleyes:
I personally like the Supreme better anyway ;) I have it in 3 colors. Gold black and coffee
9af3ffab51b0e6778b5695e8ef835dd5.jpg

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How did that battlestar get in my checkout cart --- I see what you just did there --- you just clicked the "add to cart" button on my screen.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How did that battlestar get in my checkout cart --- I see what you just did there --- you just clicked the "add to cart" button on my screen.
I have a habit of doing that apparently lmao

Fragility

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone tried the OBS engine nano? As far as single coil tanks go, I'm surprised not to hear more coverage of it considering how popular the original was.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried the OBS engine nano? As far as single coil tanks go, I'm surprised not to hear more coverage of it considering how popular the original was.
No, but now that I see it (didn't know about it -- thank you), I will get one ordered. I do like single coil RTAs.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw it. In general I'm not a fan of top airflow tanks. For me I tend to get better flavor from bottom airflow tanks.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw it. In general I'm not a fan of top airflow tanks. For me I tend to get better flavor from bottom airflow tanks.

-William Cowper
Good catch Deucesjack --- I hadn't looked at the specs on it yet. Interesting concept on this one though, being 100% top air flow with it supposedly "swirling down" to the coil instead of straight to the exit.

upload_2017-2-11_9-54-18.png

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
theres a catch to the engine nano - It is in fact not a top airflow, I would always call it side airflow

and why ? because what matters is not how the air gets in but how it faces the coils.. in this one is sideways really

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
theres a catch to the engine nano - It is in fact not a top airflow, I would always call it side airflow

and why ? because what matters is not how the air gets in but how it faces the coils.. in this one is sideways really
That may be true but very misleading. Side airflow to me is when the coil is in front of an AFC hole on the side of the tank. It draws the air directly from the side. That's not the case with this tank since technically the the inlet and outlet for the airflow is via the top of the tank. Hence the top airflow.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors