Become a Patron!

Geekvape (Geek Vape) Ammit RTA - New Single Coil Tank

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Tank struggles a bit keeping up with 80% VG. Bubbles form right next to the bottom feeder juice holes so chain vaping not doable. If you're running power mode and like it very warm it probably won't be your cup of tea IMO. I like it slightly warm with DNA temp control around 450 degrees SS316L. If you take your time though it's an OK tank. Well built. I won't buy another unless they make wicking more efficient. Of course YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeerGolfClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Tank struggles a bit keeping up with 80% VG. Bubbles form right next to the bottom feeder juice holes so chain vaping not doable. If you're running power mode and like it very warm it probably won't be your cup of tea IMO. I like it slightly warm with DNA temp control around 450 degrees SS316L. If you take your time though it's an OK tank. Well built. I won't buy another unless they make wicking more efficient. Of course YMMV.

I've been vaping max VG in mine since i received it and haven't run into this problem yet. For reference, I'm running a 26x2/34k fused, 6 wraps at 3mm at .5 ohm, 45 watts. Wicked with KGD, cut just long enough to gently tuck it onto the deck. Not a hot vape but definitely warm. Haven't had a dry hit yet, even while chain vaping.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hope the black one I ordered arrives by the end of this week.

Anyone own an Augvape Merlin that they can compare the Ammit to?.

MrMeeseeks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks for the heads up. I know Bogan said that was a concern. Nice to know that's been confirmed for the production run models too. I'll stick to my 70/30 liquids for this tank.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I might have sounded critical but it's the only tank I've vaped on since Saturday. So I've enjoyed it more than I initially expected. Changed wicks after 3 refills. It's possible I haven't optimized wicking yet it doesn't seem like there is much guess work involved. Referencing this pic the air bubbles travel the length of this channel before clearing. At least with high VG juice. If it's low VG it may go straight up.....dunno. In any case what I'm seeing with my thick juice doesn't seem real efficient to me.
15043544_890766151059363_2713315378448039936_n.jpg

MrMeeseeks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all, LOVE your setup. That's the exact combo I want. Second, from what I've heard, the clearance between the glass main chamber is tight. So that will make it harder for higher viscosity juices (high vg) to move. Hopefully someone will come out with additional glass that may alleviate that issue.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First of all, LOVE your setup. That's the exact combo I want. Second, from what I've heard, the clearance between the glass main chamber is tight. So that will make it harder for higher viscosity juices (high vg) to move. Hopefully someone will come out with additional glass that may alleviate that issue.

I was thinking they would come out with a 24mm in the next month:mad: A lot of them are doing that now and it's starting to get to me.....

errevi

Member For 4 Years
Same here, I have Merlins as well. Looking forward to comparing the two. So far my favorite single coil tank is the Serpent Mini just wish it held more juice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a Serpent Mini too
What's your fav build for it ?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I've got one on pre-order, still waiting to get it. I'm looking forward to it to see how she vapes, my go to is SS Fused Clapton, once I get it I'll Vape on it for about a week and post what I think about it.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I have 4 Merlins and they are the best tanks I've used in my 6 years of vaping. I really want to try these Ammit tanks but I'm a MTL vaper and I'm waiting for more people to try them first and hear how they are. I need to know how tight the air control can be set to.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 4 Merlins and they are the best tanks I've used in my 6 years of vaping. I really want to try these Ammit tanks but I'm a MTL vaper and I'm waiting for more people to try them first and hear how they are. I need to know how tight the air control can be set to.
From what I've heard the Ammit isn't a MTL tank at all, too much air flow.

You ever try the Kayfun V5? That is about the best MTL tank you can get, SXK has an outstanding Clone for $24 at 3FVape if you can't afford the authentic.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

You ever try the Kayfun V5? That is about the best MTL tank you can get, SXK has an outstanding Clone for $24 at 3FVape if you can't afford the authentic.
+1 on that SXK Clone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I believe that Rickwhoo has a few Kayfun V5 clones...he was all over that thread! I think he bought them in 12-packs! LOL
I have the SXK clone of the V5 and it is great when I want to go to MTL...but alas, I rarely do that any more. Too many great DTLs with fantastic flavor out there.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years

I find that the K5 is too tall. I also heard that the K5 is too airy and needs the adapters to give it some restriction. I also would never pay their ridiculous price for the authentic. Authentic Kayfuns are way over-priced!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry Ricks, I thought you liked the K5. Or was it the K3 mini?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always thought that mtl was more like smoking vs dl. Some of the mtl suggestions folks make or setups they use for mtl makes me think there's 3 distinct categories, smoking, mtl and dl. After smoking 20yrs or so I tried a kayfun v5, I can't mtl on it for beans. Makes me choke and gag and it's too airy. I could almost dl on it but it was a bit restricted for that. The v4 is tighter draw imho and about as open as I can go on mtl without getting too much air. Too airy on mtl inhales for me is like trying to drink a glass of water upside down.

I wouldn't think the ammit is for mtl at all unless someone can mtl on something that loose/open. My impressions were it was a dl setup from everything I've seen of it.

Some said the ehpro bachelor I'm using could be used either way and I'm not thinking so. That's how I ended up doing dl, I started off mtl and the bachelor didn't work. Learned how to dl and adjust for the tank. The smaller bachelor is supposed to have a restriction kit available but I'm not sure. It still uses the same base and airflow as the standard bachelor and I can still mtl draw on it with the airflow fully closed. I'm thinking it's the case for a lot of tanks, even if they have a restriction piece for the chimney if the airflow is still too large it may prove difficult.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years

I finally set aside the Ammit after vaping it for almost 3 days. About 4 tankfulls. And pulled out one of my three Merlins. Re wicked and blissfully commenced to vape without concern for bubbles wicking efficiency or any of that. I share your enthusiasm though I'm guessing you leave that air flow restrictor nut in while I take it out immediately upon arrival. I'll get back to the Ammit this week sometime. I found further that the thing gets tricky when your down to about a quarter of a tank and those pesky air bubbles are more of a bother moving along that long channel. Other than that I really like the size and it vapes nicely when it's filled up and I'm down to about 75% VG. And restrictiveness is very similar to the Merlin. It seems others are having better success on the Ammit and it's wicking efficiency. So my experience is just one data point and I appreciate reading of the experience of others.

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys

first post here

totally agree with kargurin - wicking holes should be slightly larger at least sideways and the liquid flow should be slightly rounded/grooved up pointing top to ease the bubbles up, and yes the glass should be 1mm larger in diameter.

Also notice when the tank fill is down close to the juice holes it starts drying up in the chain.

Have tried ss claptons 6 wrap id 3.5 fiber freaks blend density 2,
Not even going to try kendo because if it´s not such a good wick while using rayon/cotton blend I can only imagine what will happen with denser cotton !

Going to try clap 5 wraps id 3.0 and fiber freaks blend density 1 and keep the cotton tails as short as possible to check if it eases the wicking somewhow

Any other ideas anyone ?

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm sure when they release the "updated & improved" 25mm it will be amazing but I think IL wait until they release the "completely redesigned" 25 plus on this one, you all know it's going to happen, avocado ring a bell (22-24-24 bottom air), Griffin (22-25-25 plus)? Geek vape has improved on the pioneer for you business plan. Love the tanks they release.. .. just never the first version of it

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
as per what the bogan says at min 14:30 will also try a shorter (unsafer) wick tail

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
higher leaking chance lol

ok so this is what I did

very slightly dremelled the liquid hole

also the upper lip of the outer liquid notch hole to speed up the bubbles

with the chimney on this will not be noticed

did a simple coil half way bent to avoid the coil leg off-set and to have exactly the same wicking speed coming from both sides - working ok at about .65 Ohm

It seems to be wicking better on 80/20 but on the next refill I will go a bit further also dremelling the chimney at an angle to follow the new lip angle

Last edited:

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes I know sent as files, legends in the previous post

so for wicking ammit seems to work better with kendo or another higher density cotton as it hold more liquid to burn until the next wicking cycle

funny enough my serpent mini 25 seems to work best with fiber freaks original (low density rayon)

I think geekvape should have done a larger liquid hole similar at least to serpent mini, either as a larger diameter oval or a semi-circle, it´s sad only the australian bogan fellow noticed this problem I wonder if rip, mike and others vape solely on 50/50 ??

btw comparing side by side, same cotton, same liquid and similar coil I still rate the serpent mini 25:
- better flavor
- less vapor
- notched airflow ring on ammit is better
- ammit has liquid flow control
- more finicky to work with: too many o-rings to stray or loose, smaller workbench, to wick better top cap should be released/closed from time to time

Last edited:

MrMeeseeks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely having what feels like flow issues with 70/30. Maybe I'm just not wicking it well enough. Going to keep trying. I'm using prebuilt Demon Killer claptons and Coil Master cotton.

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you talking about the Serpent 25 on this last line?
yes I would say that, that´s the one I have, not the regular mini

It´s not really hard to work on the serpent 25 it´s just the ammit´s deck is way larger

for a really finicky deck I do have the origen mini 16mm lol

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had some further thoughts on this and yes just like jbone and other said previously wicking is not at its best on the ammit

This is what happens at 20/80 vape bomb mango - fcs who validated the prototype ?

This should be a 23mm for further clearance on inner cap to glass spacing. I can just try to ease things up further dremelling the notch up which is what GV should have done originally but if the bubble doesn´t fit the inner wall there can be no miracles.

So this is a half failure device on my book, unfortunately kinda sorry because the side airflow additionally hitting the coil is a great idea

I think I will keep it mainly for tobacco liquids- usually at 50/50

Now will be remounting the obs engine, if you can live with the big bore it wicks great all the time

sidelined with the troll v2 dripper and the wraith/nalu playing the squonker set

Attachments

• 20161215_120605.jpg
    20161215_120605.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20161215_120623.jpg
    20161215_120623.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
btw AV nailed it on the merlin mini juice channels you will notice the grooved part points up so the bubbles speed up

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I went on and dremelled the inner cap just a bit
Looks of course a bit ruined but I wanted a prf of concept

Instead of big blobs bubbles now are smaller on the let go as well as going up faster
If geekvape addresses this issue and also shortens the inner cap diam. 1mm (still plenty of space to build on) then this and probably the next batches or models taking advantage of twin bottom/side airflows, or even triple (why not) will surely be successful 20161216_085335.jpg

On the next batch v2 I just hope I get some credit for this and at least get one for free (wishful thinking) lol

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Am I to understand, (as I wait for my Ammit) that the tank is unusable as it comes from the factory? Several reviews are fairly kind to it, thus my purchase....

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Am I to understand, (as I wait for my Ammit) that the tank is unusable as it comes from the factory? Several reviews are fairly kind to it, thus my purchase....

It's not at all unusable!.

There's just a lot of talk about how it could use a couple of improvements to help it
better wick high VG content liquids (Very thick).

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not at all unusable!.

There's just a lot of talk about how it could use a couple of improvements to help it
better wick high VG content liquids (Very thick).

Thanks. Hope to see it tonight. I typically vape 70vg/30pg. I'll keep y'all posted.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
yes I know sent as files, legends in the previous post

so for wicking ammit seems to work better with kendo or another higher density cotton as it hold more liquid to burn until the next wicking cycle

funny enough my serpent mini 25 seems to work best with fiber freaks original (low density rayon)

I think geekvape should have done a larger liquid hole similar at least to serpent mini, either as a larger diameter oval or a semi-circle, it´s sad only the australian bogan fellow noticed this problem I wonder if rip, mike and others vape solely on 50/50 ??

Bogan provided a good review though I believed he pulled back a bit. Some of the other top review names have become marketing arms for manufacturers IMHO. Unfortunately. If by chance (small) they are vaping low VG exclusively they really need to test the tanks on high VG since it is quite popular. Looking in my cabinet of juices I don't think I have anything less than 70%, and many now don't even give you a choice. They are high VG.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Bogan provided a good review though I believed he pulled back a bit. Some of the other top review names have become marketing arms for manufacturers IMHO. Unfortunately. If by chance (small) they are vaping low VG exclusively they really need to test the tanks on high VG since it is quite popular. Looking in my cabinet of juices I don't think I have anything less than 70%, and many now don't even give you a choice. They are high VG.

i always use 80/20 in my reviews and point out of they have trouble wicking

ninogui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you are totally right. I´ve noticed some will almost apologize for finding a con or defect. And yes 30/70 should be the chosen liquids to test as it´s leading the trend nowadays.

Never said it´s unusable. It will work ok with no mod and great with the mod on 30/70 and higher.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
top review names have become marketing arms for manufacturers
I SO agree with this statement --- that is why i've been hitting VU so hard on my reviews + the YouTube channels. I want a FULL review opinion before purchasing.

Even with this thread, I decided to purchase two of the AMMIT tanks (me + wife). We vape 30/70 and 20/80 juice, and when the tank heats up it seems to thin out a little more anyways. +++ I own two Dremels :bomb:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I SO agree with this statement --- that is why i've been hitting VU so hard on my reviews + the YouTube channels. I want a FULL review opinion before purchasing.

Even with this thread, I decided to purchase two of the AMMIT tanks (me + wife). We vape 30/70 and 20/80 juice, and when the tank heats up it seems to thin out a little more anyways. +++ I own two Dremels :bomb:

Yep most reviewers are just marketing shills. The only ones I trust myself are -

Vaping Bogan
Dean the Vaping Biker
Todd
DJLsb Vapes
Convicted Vapes

They haven't sold out and give an honest review IMO.

I've got the Ammit on pre-order, ETA next week. Yeah the Griffin has issues IMO with really thick juice also so I'd expect that with the Ammit. I'm not into max VG, no flavor IMO. My sweet spot is 70-75 and "some" 80 VG, anymore than that it has a dull, soapy/waxy flavor.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I passed on the Ammit for now (waiting on the 25mm version which is bound to come) and went with the new Tornado Hero. Hope it's going to be a winner.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the tank is unusable as it comes
@caihlen -- Absolutely Vape Ready! Got it all built up and billowing. :shades::cloud:

Since I keep it simple to start out with, here is how I started it up.
24g SS316L on 3mm ID x 10 wraps. Came in at exactly 0.5ohm on my RX200S.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ss316l&r=0.5&hfnw=40&awg=24&id=3

Currently running it at 30W and pushing it up more. This thing is chain vaping just fine using 30/70 juice.

I see what other are saying though. The glass is very close to the coil chamber. It leaves little room for the air bubble to move out of the juice flow channel, out and up. Can't wait for the 25mm tank to come out now. They need to hurry up on build. :D

VU Sponsors