Become a Patron!

Gearbest-a cautionary tale

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased an IcigV9. Once received, after over a month, the item was crap, at bestImageUploadedByTapatalk1433255035.697568.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433255086.629056.jpgthe plastic cover that's over screen bows out, and cannot be forced flat. The battery cover does not sit flush, leaving very sharp edges, if you were to use device.
I contacted Gearbest, and there resolution is ship it back for 15.00 and they will reimburse PayPal (up to 50%). I will never order from them again, although I do have a Chalice,I'm waiting on now, can't wait to see how that turns out. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you know that gearbest isn't just an e cig distributor, they sell all kinds of stuff like amazon and they don't make anything. They only sell other vendors merchandise at near wholesale prices. I've never even heard of "Icig" but they are 10 dollars cheaper on that mod than fastech. Not trying to stick up for them, just sayin.....and I dispise any mod that you need a screwdriver to get the batteries out. We have these awesome new things called "rare earth" magnets, China. :D

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_154329.html

https://www.fasttech.com/product/2028700-authentic-icig-v9-5-50w-variable-wattage-vw-apv

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow ... that is bad. Unfreak'nbelievable they'd send out sumpt'n like that.
In all actuality it probably came in from the manufacturer that way, and they never opened the package before shipping it out to check for flaws in workmanship. Still sucks big time though. :mad:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This situation sucks and I hope that Gearbest can make you happy in this situation but this is precisely why its very important to research the product your about to buy before you buy it. A 30 second search on youtube revealed this video. about 5 minutes into this video this fellow ( though speaking a language other than English ) shows just how cheaply made this mod is. He takes the back cover off, has to pry it up with his screwdriver and then shows how bent it is and you can clearly hear the disdain in his voice.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ultimately, after shipping piece-of-crap Icig back to them and them crediting me back (up to 50%). I'll get $10 of my $ 65 spent back.
If anyone is to consider buying from Gearbest, keep that in mind. I'm going to stick with Angelcigs.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gearbest has had a few complaints from multiple members here for similar issues. That said I had an experience like that with ft, but all my other orders the product was fine. Unfortunately when u buy some of these no name or strange off brands you're taking the risk of getting something that is.complete junk. Thankfully mine was only $10 ego spinner clone, lesson learned tho. Not sticking up for gearbest or ft, along with many other vendors they sell some absolute crap, along with some diamonds in the rough. Thankfully I haven't seen any of those "vibrating" mods in awhile, an ego designed for her pleasure.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Angelcigs rocks cocks now if only they would sell 50/100 packs of prewrapped coils....

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gearbest has the worst service ever! I canceled from them a while back with the whole ipv4 dibocal. Oh and fasttech is extremely horrible in my opinion. Just my opinion.

scottracinvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had no problems with either site. You just have to stay away from the things you never ever heard of before like djgjdjjgfjj 80 watt box mod! And stay away from the word styled, if it says original or authentic I have never recieved anything off the wall! This is a trap for the people that look for the ultra cheap stuff and that will get you burned. IMO hope that helps a little. There would be no reason to go there at all if some brick and mortars would not rape you the way some do? Just sayin.

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
See this I bought it paid for next day! I still don't have it after 17 days! They keep saying wait for another 3-5 business days three times already!WTF!? I'm having a problem with GearBest right now! Oh by the way never had a problem with FastTech my self. Actually very satisfied with their service.image.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that's besides the point. Their customer service is atrocious.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my experience with them too....I paid for faster shipping on an order they charged me for expedited and got my order in 36 days

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand they are overseas and have to use catamarans to deliver and all. They have all these products on their site for preorder yet they can't fill it for people. When the customer goes back to the site it says out of stock. Then you have to "try" emailing them. 2 days later they give you 3 options. Wait another "3-5 days" which I'm sorry to say is bullshit and just another bait for the customer, or you can get another product from their site, and then they say you can get a full refund....for their inconvenience they gave me a clouper silicone sleeve....I don't have a clouper! Lol

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never again will I jump the gun. It's not worth the headache and worry that your money is in limbo.

My current qualm is USPS. Their tracking isn't good at all! according to the tracker my item left LA on the 7th....still says that today.

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do get all the ins and out of their business Whiskey except they really can do a much better job. There is other good deals posted but I simply will not put myself in this situation with "GEARBEST" and order something else just the simple fact that they don't deserve the business.And also I do buy a lot of stuff from FastTech too but "NEVER HAD A PROBLEM" I mean even a $5 item is send out of more than few days. And if they don't have it in stock guess what you can not even put the item in the cart. That's all I got to say Keep on Vaping you all

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve only read good things about Angelcigs on VU. The problems I had were through my mistake. Sorry Angelcigs

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will not order overseas anymore. Plain and simple. I honestly don't care about how great the deal is. It's not worth worrying about waiting for said product to arrive months later. By that time there will be better stuff out there and it just defeats the whole purpose of ordering from them...

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree but we don't have any other option for nicotine in Australia, It's illegal to buy or sell it here though it's still legal, in most states, to import it in small lots at the moment. I've found Fasttech to be really good. We don't seem to be able to buy clones here and I bought a fantastic 1:1 Kangertech subtank mini from them for around $17. It had good reviews and I'm really happy with it.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree but we don't have any other option for nicotine in Australia, It's illegal to buy or sell it here though it's still legal, in most states, to import it in small lots at the moment. I've found Fasttech to be really good. We don't seem to be able to buy clones here and I bought a fantastic 1:1 Kangertech subtank mini from them for around $17. It had good reviews and I'm really happy with it.
Well in that case you're right you don't have a choice :(

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've actually looked at those subtank clones, glad someone here has had a good experience with them, probably my next tank purchase. Can't see paying like $40 for the original if the clone works just as well at like 1/2 the price. Sorry for the thread jack there.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive never had an issue with fasttech either...one set of magnets i ordered for a nemesis mech mod was held up and not shipped when it said it would be.

Long story short, fasttech replied quickly and explained the manufacturer was having difficulties with the production and they were sorry for the inconvenience...once shipped i got it pretty fast.

Ive ordered from gearbest before..bought a cloupor mini 30 watt..after a month or so it burned up.

I cant apparently buy anything from angel cigs as they say my paypal address isnt the same as my shipping address and it certainly is...so whatever.

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually compared Gearbest's price with Fasttech's on some items I wanted and found that Fasttech's were better. Angelcigs have been straight out weird to deal with.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like alot of the angel cigs prices and the fact they will ship from the USA on in stock items from the USA warehouse but, i cant order anything from them...lol

Im pretty careful with what i buy as to not care and write it off..meaning if its a 5 dollar atty and it falls apart i dont care really..no way am i spending 25 dollars to ship it to china and get $2.50 back for a refund.

For the more expensive items id personally buy from a full USA supplier who does in house warranty ,as i have this option.

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had no problems at all with anything I've bought from Fasttech. Takes about the same time to get to Oz as items from the US. Wish they'd sell nicotine though. A 120 ml ($10) bottle from VT costs $35.51 for postage. :(

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I’ve only read goot things about Angelcigs on VU but I’ve had a heap of probs with them trying to get a Venturi RDA, ordered early June, to Australia. Even though I’ve asked them many times to email me, they just won’t. Haven’t even sent a receipt for my payment. After many back and forward messages with them through PayPal it looks like my order may be on its way now as I’ve received a tracking number but it’s been a very frustrating experience and I doubt I’ll deal with them again.

Hi,

Did you buy the venturi RDA under our clearance Page?
Did you notice that this clearance promotion is for USA customers only?
We can't send out your order because we don't have the venturi RDA in Chinese warehouse.
But I'm happy that we finally found a way that satisfy each other.

Angel

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

Did you buy the venturi RDA under our clearance Page?
Did you notice that this clearance promotion is for USA customers only?
We can't send out your order because we don't have the venturi RDA in Chinese warehouse.
But I'm happy that we finally found a way that satisfy each other.

Angel

Hi Angel
There was no sign that I saw "for USA customers only" when I placed the order. But it was my fault you coiuldn't contact me as I spelled my email address incorrectly. Please accept my apologies.

Last edited:

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi Angel
There was no sign that I saw "for USA customers only" when I placed the order. You didn't tell me that until after I contacted Paypal many weeks after the order was placed. Until then I had received no emails from Angelcigs, not even a receipt for my payment, even though I asked many times that you email me. Had you done that and explained the situation I would not have had to resort to contacting you through Paypal.

When the situation was finally sorted out (still via Paypal), the order appears to have been despatched quickly and according to the USPS Tracking number, it should be delivered to my friend in the US today.

It could be a good idea for Angelcigs to have an automatic acknowledgement set up, as most companies do, to email a receipt of order with transaction details, to your customers once you've received payment for their orders. I believe this situation would have been sorted out much more quickly and easily if you had contacted me as soon as you could see there was a problem.

Hi mink,

We will automatically send out email notification of your order details once we received your order. Maybe site glitch?
Would you mind pm me your email address so that I can check if we sent out emails to you?
I'm sorry that we don't inform you that it is for USA customers only when you contacted us at the first place. That is our fault. We sincerely apologize for that.

Angel

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve only read good things about Angelcigs on VU but I’ve had a heap of probs with them trying to get a Venturi RDA, ordered early June, to Australia. Even though I’ve asked them many times to email me, they just won’t.

Just realised the reason they couldn't email me was my fault absolutely. I spelled my email address wrongly.

Sincere apologies Angelcigs and thanks for helping to sort this out.

Last edited:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Final chapter to this story. They finally agreed after numerous emails back-and-forth to credit me 80%, and said it would take a couple of days. Well it's been 2 months and still no credit.
All of our email conversations was thru their email server, and now they have deleted that conversation. If I were to continue to pursue resolution, I would have to start the whole conversation all over. Not worth it to me, I buy a lot of gear, but never again from this lying company.

Last edited:

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So for the past 15 years or so, I've paid the same bills online from the same places with no problems. This month I make my first orders from Gear Best. An xtar charger and some Clapton wire.
And my card is suddenly hit with $1200 in fraudulent charges from some site I have never been to.
Do not shop at Gear Best.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do buy a lot of stuff from FastTech too but "NEVER HAD A PROBLEM" I mean even a $5 item is send out of more than few days. And if they don't have it in stock guess what you can not even put the item in the cart. That's all I got to say Keep on Vaping you all
They must have changed a lot in the last year. I've ordered quite a few things from them that say " ships in 3 days" only to check back 4 or 5 days later and it says " ships in 5 days". I once ordered a Stingray clone that I completely forgot about until they emailed me about a month later asking if I wanted a refund or store credit because they weren't going to be getting them in.

I have used FT, GB, and Angel Cigs. They are all ok if you understand who they are and how to use them. You can't assume that just because they are selling something it is good, and you can't wait until you need something to order it.

VU Sponsors