Member For 5 Years

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol, you guys just don't know when to admit when you're wrong. You're actually still going on about this after that failed mod envy show last night in which Twisted was literally chewing his nails because he knew he had no real evidence? It's getting kind of a pathetic now. At first one could have seen this all as an honest mistake, but now the Rip lynch mob is deliberately and knowingly spreading bullshit.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not really paid any attention to this, but the parties involved need to provide something tangible because at this point they have opened themselves to be sued for both Libel and Slander.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Twisted420 admits it is nothing but "hearsay."

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think that public flogging I spoke of, is in order.

Time for Matt and Mr. Hearsay to get flogged and shunned.....

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hall of Shame:
"Know a scammer? Dead beat vendor? Someone in the vaping community that straight up f*cked you? Tell us your story!!"

Attention mods currently online: @TygerTyger @SMOKIE @TheCraftyBuckeye @5150sick

This topic meets none of these criteria. The thread should be moved from "Hall of Shame" for obvious reasons: there is no story here. This and all the other threads on this topic amount to a bunch of grown men gossiping like catty drama queens about unsubstantiated rumors.

I don't care if you feel compelled to do this, but do it in other threads. Don't use this clearly defined space to lend legitimacy to the frothy utterances of excitable boys. It's at cross purposes with the point of this area and undermines its value.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hall of Shame:
"Know a scammer? Dead beat vendor? Someone in the vaping community that straight up f*cked you? Tell us your story!!"

Attention mods currently online: @TygerTyger @SMOKIE @TheCraftyBuckeye @5150sick

This topic meets none of these criteria. The thread should be moved from "Hall of Shame" for obvious reasons: there is no story here. This and all the other threads on this topic amount to a bunch of grown men gossiping like catty drama queens about unsubstantiated rumors.

I don't care if you feel compelled to do this, but do it in other threads. Don't use this clearly defined space to lend legitimacy to the frothy utterances of excitable boys. It's at cross purposes with the point of this area and undermines its value.
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that he said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section. @lirruping

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section. @lirruping
OK.. Then it needs to be here because YOU say you have problems and can prove it (not the hear-say you just posted, again).. Not because of some unfounded rumor and witch hunt.

Once again, some true colors are showing.. It'll all be ignored, as usual, but it is still there.

edit: too early to spell :(

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That doesn't make much sense really. Just about every reviewer has given good marks to crap before. I should say crap to me at least. Because of Twisted I bought the joytech egrip. I hate that damn thing. Wasted money. I certainly would not give him a post in Hall of Shame over that. Posting lies and drama though he belongs here.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still not seeing conclusive proof ...
wheres-the-beef1.jpg

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A lot of vapers say Rip does not do honest reviews especially on the liquid he was doing that most say suck! Plus I personally bought a mod because of a review he did that he said it was the best around which SUCKED also. So this thread is in the RIGHT section. @lirruping
So....

If you do a review of something and I say it sucked, does that make you a hack too?

Taste is subjective, or is that false now?!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I doubt you will see any . Nor apologies. But you'll see of bunch of copy and paste reposts just to keep the pot of shit from settling. On a side note, how's everyone's ebola laced ejuice? Mine's yummy.......:)
So's the hyped Artisan Vaping Supermax that never arrived for a lot of folks here and elsewhere :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The whole jest of it was the so called advisers on WMD's were wrong hence Bush and Congress went by "sources" on bad info. Kinda like Twisted did.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This whole topic is some ECF type shenanigans.. I couldn't even last 10 min watching that ModEnvy video - with Twisted making it seem like he had some truth bomb he was going to explode on us the next day.. and we all saw where that went lol..

I wish I could get back all the time I've spent reading this nonsense.. but sadly I can't :(

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This whole topic is some ECF type shenanigans.. I couldn't even last 10 min watching that ModEnvy video - with Twisted making it seem like he had some truth bomb he was going to explode on us the next day.. and we all saw where that went lol..

I wish I could get back all the time I've spent reading this nonsense.. but sadly I can't :(
I was onto Twisted based on his body language and facial expressions. When he was asked some question about when the video was coming out or whatever and he started chomping on his fingernails I knew right then that there wasn't going to be any big revelation.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media

It became evident pretty early on that all he had was heresay. Twisted posted that thread on Reddit around noon on Saturday, didn't go on Mod Envy until 10pm, and didn't release his video until late Sunday night. If he actually had something, he would've came out with it much sooner.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It became evident pretty early on that all he had was heresay. Twisted posted that thread on Reddit around noon on Saturday, didn't go on Mod Envy until 10pm, and didn't release his video until late Sunday night. If he actually had something, he would've came out with it much sooner.

Anytime someone says I have info but then says tomorrow it makes me think, Bullshit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yep.. another indication - and these thread titles that keep getting posted are making everyone look even more childish..

Game over for Rip Tripper - REALLY? How? Please explain how this ends his career - I'm generally curious..

All these accusations are some high school type antics - with no proof to back them up.. I have a feeling this ENTIRE thing was planned beforehand.. knowing that there was no proof - but hoping to discredit his persona in any way possible..

I don't personally like Rip's videos either - but I also don't like how this entire situation has been handled..

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I'm surprised how calm Rip was. I would have wanted Twisted's ass on a hanger.
He wasn't very calm in his second most recent video. The one that supposedly set Twisted off in the first place. Rip addressed these rumors in that video first, and he was clearly agitated. But, to his credit, he handled all of this very well.

A lot of this stems from Rip's refusal to engage anyone. He doesn't hobknob with other reviewers or "vaping personalities", and doesn't go to vape meets. Which is fine. Who can blame him? I don't like that he doesn't engage his fans in any way, but I suppose that's probably for the best also.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised how calm Rip was. I would have wanted Twisted's ass on a hanger.

I give him a lot of credit for that - he probably knows getting pissed might make him appear guilty - I think he did a great job of handling it.. give a minute discussion and move on - if he had something to hide - I would have expected a long winded rant on how everyone else is wrong..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He wasn't very calm in his second most recent video. The one that supposedly set Twisted off in the first place. Rip addressed these rumors in that video first, and he was clearly agitated. But, to his credit, he handled all of this very well.

A lot of this stems from Rip's refusal to engage anyone. He doesn't hobknob with other reviewers or "vaping personalities", and doesn't go to vape meets. Which is fine. Who can blame him? I don't like that he doesn't engage his fans in any way, but I suppose that's probably for the best also.

Exactly - what does it matter if someone doesn't goto vape meets? That doesn't mean you don't support the community or fellow vapers just because you choose to use your free time for other things.. I haven't been to a vape meet either (mainly because they are all far away lol) but still - that shouldn't matter jack shit at the end of the day.. if he's content with just doing YT vids and reviews - then it shouldnt be held against him..

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's an idea maybe nobody thought of before. Before repeating some gossip that you read, wait and find out if there's actually anything to it. This entire thing went from full blown scandal to total DUD in a matter of 48 hours.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went to one vape meet. I found a handful of people who just wanted a get together and a boat load of people who wanted a prick measuring contest with expensive devices and exotic coils. Not my thing.

yeah.....if i wanna see a pissing contest, i'll watch it here on VU in the comfort of my own home. :p

Deedalicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So what are the rules for a "pro" reviewer? It seems like they have to

1. Spend their own money to purchase the product anonymously
2. Review the product objectively
3. Provide the information clearly
4. Do it all for free...

Seems like a bit much to expect...

I would personally be ok with
1. Receive free sample/donation for review
2. Provide review with facts, but subjective opinion welcom
3. Provide information clearly
4. If they have stake with the vendor, then they don't review the product, but they are welcome to advertise instead
5. PPC advertising ok as well if it is handled by 3rd party i.e. google ads

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went to one vape meet. I found a handful of people who just wanted a get together and a boat load of people who wanted a prick measuring contest with expensive devices and exotic coils. Not my thing.

DUDE! I hope you didn't attend with a clone in your hand! People get killed for less at those things.. Either way glad you are safe ;)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DUDE! I hope you didn't attend with a clone in your hand! People get killed for less at those things.. Either way glad you are safe ;)

yeah i went to one toting a vision spinner. i was promptly mocked, taunted, and ridiculed until i felt suicidal and shuffled off in shame.

(ok that didn't really happen but wanted to be included in the convo)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i went to one toting a vision spinner. i was promptly mocked, taunted, and ridiculed until i felt suicidal and shuffled off in shame.

I'm not even going to tell you what happened to my friend who attended one with a BLU in his mouth.. lets just say he walks a little funny now since he got back.. poor fella .. i mean how can you NOT use something that Stephen Dorff endorses? fucking animals didn't even care..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I doubt you will see any . Nor apologies. But you'll see of bunch of copy and paste reposts just to keep the pot of shit from settling. On a side note, how's everyone's ebola laced ejuice? Mine's yummy.......:)
LOL!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly - what does it matter if someone doesn't goto vape meets? That doesn't mean you don't support the community or fellow vapers just because you choose to use your free time for other things.. I haven't been to a vape meet either (mainly because they are all far away lol) but still - that shouldn't matter jack shit at the end of the day.. if he's content with just doing YT vids and reviews - then it shouldnt be held against him..
Every vid I have seen of vape meets have been full of douche bags... no thanks.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

LOL :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I watched both of those videos.

Rip denied taking compensation for HARDWARE reviews. I believe that.

He never spoke about juice reviews. Which was one thing he was accused of cashing in on (or trying to). Perhaps he skipped over the juice accusations, or maybe he didn't deny it because he has asked for compensation with juice reviews. Who knows.
Some dude spreading third hand information, is just plain stupid. Glad to see the article you wrote, letting people know what a worthless FUCK TwistedLiar is.

Rip doesn't engage people, because he is a SMART businessman. He has built a brand/image and he doesn't open his piehole and destroy it. Besides, I am sure the dude is pretty shy. Maybe he just is NOT a people person. None of it really matters, ya know? Rip didn't deserve the character assassination he got from a useless douche.

I just can't get what people think Rip, or any one doing review/articles/blogs/etc. OWE people. He does reviews and videos. What does he OWE his followers and people that watch, other than HIS honesty? Fuck the lot of them. They aren't paying him one thin dime for his time or services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors