Become a Patron!

Freemax Fireluke review by KingPin

DanDubya

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Little update using the .15 DVC coil (60-120 wt.) now.

This is also a fantastic coil. Less airy than the sextuple. I'm using it between 1/2 to 3/4 open. I like it between 85 to 95 watts, but will go no problem at 100watts too and probably more but I haven't taken it there as I'm happy with 100wts max on it so far.

Flavor is slightly down from sextuple but still great flavor, and far better than my old cleito.

Vapor production is also reduced, but still good dense cloudage. Better for use out of the house as the sextuple is almost obnoxious, but I didn't mind the massive clouds.

Capacity of the fish bowl glass with the DVC coil goes up to over 8ml. This is due to the DVC coil being slimmer than the sextuple and rta deck. This is amazing.

Consumption of juice with the .15 DVC is also lower than the sextuple. In conjunction with the increased capacity this tank and coil combo will have u refilling much less often.

No spitback or leaking to report at all. Wicks very well, no dry hits chain vaping up to 100wts.

Another great coil for the fireluke.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Little update using the .15 DVC coil (60-120 wt.) now.

This is also a fantastic coil. Less airy than the sextuple. I'm using it between 1/2 to 3/4 open. I like it between 85 to 95 watts, but will go no problem at 100watts too and probably more but I haven't taken it there as I'm happy with 100wts max on it so far.

Flavor is slightly down from sextuple but still great flavor, and far better than my old cleito.

Vapor production is also reduced, but still good dense cloudage. Better for use out of the house as the sextuple is almost obnoxious, but I didn't mind the massive clouds.

Capacity of the fish bowl glass with the DVC coil goes up to over 8ml. This is due to the DVC coil being slimmer than the sextuple and rta deck. This is amazing.

Consumption of juice with the .15 DVC is also lower than the sextuple. In conjunction with the increased capacity this tank and coil combo will have u refilling much less often.

No spitback or leaking to report at all. Wicks very well, no dry hits chain vaping up to 100wts.

Another great coil for the fireluke.

Thanks for the update Dan :cheers:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thanks ans Ps. Hope you don't mind me posting my inputs on the fireluke here. Not trying to hijack your thread at all, but I just wanted to share my experience to compliment your great review :)

We all love updates. Helps us dial in our own experiences. Keep them coming please. This .25 I'm currently using is on it's third week and the wick barely has any color on it. Amazing.

DanDubya

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We all love updates. Helps us dial in our own experiences. Keep them coming please. This .25 I'm currently using is on it's third week and the wick barely has any color on it. Amazing.
Thanks. I'm interested in seeing how the .25 performs too.

Curious to see the cloud and flavor production is in comparisin.

I bet the .25 is less thirsty and added with the 8ml capacity it must have amazing range.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thanks. I'm interested in seeing how the .25 performs too.

Curious to see the cloud and flavor production is in comparisin.

I bet the .25 is less thirsty and added with the 8ml capacity it must have amazing range.

Can't answer answer to thirstiness, I honestly don't pay attention. I am using the 4ml glass simply because I like the sleeker look. With 4 rtas and the Fireluke in rotation I usually only have to fill most of them once or twice a day, unless a particular flavor is whispering sweet nothings in my ear.:)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks ans Ps. Hope you don't mind me posting my inputs on the fireluke here. Not trying to hijack your thread at all, but I just wanted to share my experience to compliment your great review :)

Not at all I like to see how/others get on with it as well, helps me having hands on feedback see if I missed anything so I can present my findings better or hone in on certain things for future reviews :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are really good coils. I get 4 to 6 weeks out of them. I actually like the fireluke as much as my RTA'S

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
They are really good coils. I get 4 to 6 weeks out of them. I actually like the fireluke as much as my RTA'S
It is nice to have some variety added to the rotation. So far impressed with the Fireluke coils. Also nice to not have to wick something.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
While not needing to wick and dryburn at least one coil is nice, doubt I'd be willing to shell out the money I used to for drop ins. Now with diy juices the maintenance is much less onerous and frequent with the rtas.

DanDubya

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol guys, has anyone seen or used this coil before?

This .15 6x duodenary fireluke coil?

Rate 80 to 180 wats. Holy moly I thought the sextuple was heavy duty but this one looks even heavier duty.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3007/10013641/7632101
fb76d93dbb585396c39a0fd31889c002.jpg
6cc7c327aa0cfccb273dd329931457d3.jpg
7f8029d5ef490780c72cd22435f946da.jpg

The RBA Deck and Wicking Guide

This deck is actually really good. There is ample amount of room for a decent sized set of coils. If anyone has ever used the Uwell D2 RTA think of this velocity style deck as it’s bigger brother, massive bottom airflows and decent wicking channels ensure a fantastic vape.

The stock coils are excellent as I mentioned earlier, ok the post screws are slotted (including the 4 spares) which I know will put some people off but they are decent quality and I can confirm I was able to wrench the coils legs in without any bother.

This is probably the best RBA decks I’ve used on any sub ohm tank but then I really like the Uwell D2 so I was bound to like this deck.

So here’s how I went about building and wicking it;

1) First install both of your coils. I pushed mine all the way the posts and tightened down the screws. (put a 3mm screwdriver or a coil jig bit in the middle to ensure it maintains its shape)

2) Now they are secured both sides use the screwdriver to pull them away from the posts. I positioned mine like this. When you are done just screw the RBA casing on to make sure the coils aren’t touching otherwise you’ll cause a short later.

jtEbtqa.jpg

3) Insert your screwdriver or coil jig into the juice and use it to bend the legs in so they are clear of the juice wells

hveyjmS.jpg

4) Once this is done if you have some ceramic tweezers pinch the coils back together, re-insert the screwdriver or coil jig and position the coil vertically like so.

k6FgAUX.jpg

5) Now heat the coils and ensure they are heating evenly. Strum them with the tweezers, pinch them and check the screws are fastened securely, also move them a little if you need to, You need to get rid of the hot spots and ensure both coils heat evenly from the centre outwards

6) I always use the Scottish roll method for my wicking using cotton bacon v2. First tear a strip off not too much it’s really not needed

aHhLvWx.jpg

7) Using your fingers spread it out a little (don’t tear it) so it’s flat like below. I also stretch mine a little as well

JHlhWqK.jpg

8) Now roll it up, don’t do it too tight.

AirszlA.jpg

9) Twist the end

10) Feed it through the coils like so and snip the end

poXvXMq.jpg

11) Straight cut the ends to where the bottom of the airflow is (my are right they just sprung back up a little makes them look longer). Once measured and cut rake the ends like so

bOvsv5A.jpg

12) Now give them a tidy up and snip the corners at an angle. I use the AFC as a guide on the resin version

ICx1Fx9.jpg

13) Now tease the end into the juice wells. Don’t push them in you don’t want a ball of cotton. Also really important here make sure there is no cotton hanging over the airflow (just use the tweezers to push it back a little)

14) The aim of this wicking guide is to plug the holes of the juice chamber. Inspect all around before you juice up and make sure there are no gaps anywhere

3tXgyHQ.jpg

15) Juice her up, check everything around again as the cotton swells (thinking airflow gap here) slap the housing on, reassemble everything, fill her up and let’s see if Luke really does limit your vaping!

How's the Vape?

Ok down to business, other than when I’m at home on a flavour chasing mission, for all day vaping I like a warm balanced vape (more towards flavour) with a decent cloud to boot. On that basis this really is one of the best Sub Ohm’s tanks I’ve tried to date. Flavour is very impressive both from the premade coil and the RBA deck.

The draw itself is fairly restricted no matter where you leave the airflow which suits me perfectly but won’t be to everyone’s liking if they like an airy vape. I personally run the airflow only a fifth the way open to maximise flavour from it. It’s also fairly noisy on the inhale but not annoyingly so to me.

Vapour production is very satisfying. I always got a nice moist flavour packed hit even when warming up the coil so the flavour comes through well. Wicking was never a problem on the premade coil especially after pinning it.

I need to give a special mention to the Rebuildable deck for the Fireluke. Most companies provide one as an afterthought giving new vapers a really bad insight into the DIY side of vaping. Due to the Fireluke having that big bowl you actually get a decent space to use. For me this the closest I’ve got to a dedicated Rebuildable Tank Atomiser (RTA) experience using an RBA, yes it really is that good.

The top cap never gets close to being too warm on either Stainless Steel or Resin versions, and both are comfortable to use.

Finally the break in time was very good. Literally only half a tank I had to put up with that premade coil taste (you all know what I’m talking about here)

Things I Feel Could Be Improved
  1. Coil Quality control on the premade coil with wire sticking out from the gasket.
  2. Scratchy threading on the top cap, more so on the resin
  3. Vertical play in the AFC causes condensation to collect especially on the resin version.
  4. Not a fan of proprietary drip tips & lack of 510 drip tip adaptor
  5. Would like to have seen the other Duodenary coil available in the kit
  6. Spare screws for the RBA could have been hex for those that hate slotted screws
  7. Would like to have seen a band included for the bowl tank.
Things I Feel It Does Well
  1. Fantastic flavour on both the sextuple coil and Rebuildable deck.
  2. Love the craziness of this tank stands out from the crowd.
  3. Excellent price point.
  4. RBA deck is fantastic to build and learn on, and the stock DIY coils are actually decent.
  5. Wicking holes on the RBA are placed right at the bottom of the tank so can vape until empty.
  6. Top cap doesn’t get hot so no bacon lips.
  7. The draw isn’t overly airy they have it set correctly for the recommended wattage range.
  8. Satisfying vapour production.
Final Conclusion

I do like to bring other things into the mix when I place tanks so it loses points on its potential durability issues which I just cannot ignore, otherwise it would have been sitting pretty right at the top of my favourite sub ohm list. This tank brings a lot to the table for a sub ohm. I’ve really enjoyed using it especially the RBA deck. I know styling is not to everyone’s liking but I really like it, I just wish I could have hijacked this crazy drip tip for use on my other attys as well!

Thanks very much for putting up with my ramblings, I hope I covered everything you wanted to know until next time KingPin!
hey I was wondering how you could help, my tank seems to spit back/over fil after I refill, any way of getting that fixed or am I the only one

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
hey I was wondering how you could help, my tank seems to spit back/over fil after I refill, any way of getting that fixed or am I the only one

Which coil are you using mate?

Or If you are using the rba deck what coils are you using?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I’m using the sextuple .15

Did you check the comments underneath just want to cross off the O-Ring a seals check ...I posted a pic back here

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/freemax-fireluke-review-by-kingpin.351616/#post-2018858

Is everything where it should be as per the pic in the post above?

There’s a seal/bung underneath the coil, this should be sitting flush without wires poking out, was yours ok?

Is the coil you purchased aftermarket and official?

Was it screwed in sufficiently tight?

Did the cotton look well packed before you installed it?

Had you pinned the cotton beforehand? Sometimes this makes them wick too quickly if holes left are too big or there’s too many pin holes

VU Sponsors