Become a Patron!

FREE JUICE GIVE AWAY!

roosterboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to post a contest. Start a new thread. Don't jump in on someone else's thread

Last edited by a moderator:

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! :) I'm just noticing a increase of contest spam here at VU.
I won't fall for the Fecebook contests anymore.
It is not just you either. I notice alot of new accounts every contest It would be great if for contests we had to spreadsheet our addresses or something to keep people from cheating. I mean i just find it hard to believe someones first post on VU is gonna be in a random contest anyway. idk its part of the package i guess, but its annoying all the same.

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been noticing the same thing, each contest lately has had new members who just joined ( maybe) posting for the first time in a contest post, then only posting in contests under the contest section of the forum. Not sure if some of those aren't second and maybe third accounts, not to mention the huge amounts of contests that to win you have to spam entries, I'm sorry but I honestly prefer the ones that to win you only post ONE time, not these ones going on that they want to get the thread's post count up super high by making it so you've got to post more than everybody else to have any chance at winning, seriously makes for those post counts that we all have mean absolutely nothing to the amount of actual contribution to this great forum.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love playing the games myself, but it would be fine with me if they just entered our name once we made a single post and we just continued to play after that for fun. I know its not coincidence that like 5 accounts join during a spam game, hell i even noticed patterns to certain posts between different accounts. Like the main account and the new member account making the exact same mistake and then both editing their posts within seconds...People gonna be shady regardless, but maybe there is a feature we could add that keeps that from happening. Or do like breazy does and just put all the names in a hat and snatch one out regardless of entries.

VU Sponsors