Become a Patron!

For All who Question why I only Recommend Name Brand Batteries...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
. My use of 20R must have come after the change. I've only got a copy of the latest spec sheet. Knowing Samsung, it's the exact same cell, just they were prepared to sacrifice some of their massive conservatism without too much worry.

I'm definitely not well versed in the chemistry behind cells, but from what I can gather, LGs hybrid tech, while having aspects to of an ICR chemistry cell is so far removed from one it's hard to see just by looking at the ingredients list. Kind of like adding flour to butter and sugar and getting a cake, but if you add flour to yeast, water and salt you get bread. They give the same kind of list of mistreatment and their results as those from IMR tech, such as "Dropped from 1 meter onto an oak board : No explosion, no fire. Heated to 140c in an oven : No explosion, no fire" etc. Of any warmth I've felt from a HB6 or HD2, I'd guess 95% was from the atomiser heating the cell rather than from the cell itself. I regularly Vape at 0.15 with them and they're cool. Like I say though, they don't last long.

You'd have to pry my hybrid topcap out of my cold dead hand. If you did, cause of death most certainly wouldn't be a venting battery. I check things too often to get caught out. Sure something could catastrophically fail, but I could get knocked down by a bus crossing the street tomorrow. If being as safe as. I can be.

With a standard topcap, anyone could put a battery in a mech backwards and give themselves just as nasty a Crack in the hand.

My golden rules:
Check your stuff every time you change batteries

If the screw on an atty needs adjusting out to be suitable.... It's NOT suitable, unless it's reverse threaded and super high quality.

If you have doubts it's not suitable for a hybrid topcap, it's likely not suitable, trust your instinct.

For me a hybrid topcap on my Nemesis isn't about voltage drop. It's about not scaring the cells with black arc marks and totally eliminating the warm ( not hot) button I get below 0.2ohms.

If people are building at 0.15, like I am they need to be savvy enough to use a hybrid safely.

I know vaping is in the spotlight and I get it. However, I'm not running scared from the scrutiny. If stupid people do stupid stuff, they'll just end up finding other stupid things to do, banning hybrids won't do much. By stupid people I mean those that chance it or the people who sell hybrid mods to People in a "my first mech mod" kit. Smoking causes thousands of house fires a year, but there's not much fuss made about it, not as much as you think there would be. Don't see why the odd stupid act should see hybrids outlawed, they're not banning cigarettes because people burn their families to death with them.

People make shit decisions, that's always been the case. No need to deprive everyone of something just to account for the few that are hard of thinking.

Any incident of shorting mechs is bad news. I don't want to see anyone hurt. In the brand scheme of things though hybrid topcap mishaps are small fry. I'm way more worried about shitty rewrapped cells than hybrids.
I agree with your statement, that it is usually the atty getting scorcing, traveling down making my batteries get slightly warm. And I am talking skin warmth, not actual heat.

Can someone explain what there was before hybrid top caps, and why have they made a more dangerous system if something already existed?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before hybrid topcaps there were hybrid mods, like the Valkyrie that were a battery tube basically with a dripper built into the top. The idea was that you'd get better performance with less voltage drop if you streamlined the mod into one complete unit but because it was one piece you could only check your ohms with a mulitmeter. Then some hybrid makers started making their top caps removable for cleaning and then to make their products more appealing they started making "adaptors" so you could screw standard 510 connections into the top of them and use other attys...some were topcaps with pins...some were just the cap with threads. By the same coin, mod makers to make their mods more appealing to extremists started making the "hybrid adaptor" as we know it to turn their mods into hybrid style mods....even though there's been a many a youtube video done on the subject and a few thread and then a few more on the dangers of them there's always going to be the youngin's that fall in my "I wanna blow the biggest clouds for the cheapest price to look cool" stereotype I coined awhile back that just buy the gear and go for it without taking the time to learn proper safety techniques and precautions and we get stories like this and it's tragic.

I just read a "ask an expert" thread where a kid (21 years old, still youngin,) vented four batteries on his smpl mod before he stopped trying to make it work and by some huge miracle nothing or no one was hurt...the links below...I am still dumbfounded and beside myself why he'd chance it like that four times. That's why hybrids scare me and that's why I think they should go away....feel free to disagree with me...I never said my opinion was the right one but it's what I firmly believe and I am entitled to it just as much as anyone else is to theirs :confused:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/need-help-smpl-mod-clone.116230/

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I agree with you to a point,that point being hybrid adapters ,but not a true hybrid ie Valkyrie,Novice etc etc
there is a definite distinction between the two which most of the new vapers know nothing about

Oh I don't mean the hybrids when the atty is connected to the mod.
That should be the ones that are sold by these places.
That takes "Dumbass putting Subohm tank on top" out of the equation altogether.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I don't mean the hybrids when the atty is connected to the mod.
That should be the ones that are sold by these places.
That takes "Dumbass putting Subohm tank on top" out of the equation altogether.

You have a gift with words @5150sick ....I am jealous of your skills, it's like poetry to a vapor's ears :D

eciginthebox

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tesiyi T18650 40A battery performance best in 40A,35A compare with Sony VCT5 ,Samsung 25R and LG HE2. we have a strict Test. here is the test report:
report:
t18650.jpg

D Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since everything seems to be rewrapped Samsung, LG or Panasonic it just makes so much sense to me to buy only those brands. It also explains whey the Efest and others tend to have higher prices than these brands - they need to make money from there rewrapping work. I find that Imr Batteries and Jet Batteries are both great sources for the lowest prices.

VU Sponsors