Become a Patron!

Folomov A4, no good

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not recommend this charger. Display says full charge 4,20V. Per Multimeter it charges to 4.28V. You must set the charge rate each time. First this is a pain. On 4200MAH 26650 if set to 3A the charger will overheat possibly damaging the battery. The issue is it is much too easy to accidently set it to 3A. It just fits 21700 barely. I feel this is low quality and can pose dangerous.

I highly recommend Efest Luc chargers. Charge to 4.22V but on display 4.20V. Max 2A in 2 bays easily set. Barely fits 21700 but in my experience not tight enough to rip wrappers. These are good chargers. No issues at 2A on 3,000MAH or more battery. Can charge at .5,1,2A. Again easily set for all bays at once. It stays where you set it. The Folomov must be set each time and it is very slow to recognize button clicks to set. I have realized over 500 charge/discharge cycles at 2A using Luc chargers. So that is very good. Does not even get warm let alone hot on 2A. Measured with laser thermometer to be at 22C. Ambient temp is 73F here. So it is actually lower charging than ambient. Very good.

If using 21700 I recommend Ijoy. They are made in Japan and not a rewrap. They will take a lot of abuse but of course I do not recommend abusing them.

Very disappointed with the Folomov but YMMV of course.

I was wondering though if anyone knows a great charger that easily fits 21700's charging at least 2 at 2A simultaneously? I have carefully studied the chart but cannot get many of them and it is also confusing to me. Even though it would seem straightforward. Can anyone recommend one that is very mainstream I am likely to find in a B&M? Although the Luc does actually work fine. Just wish the sliders had about 2 more MM to them.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Golisi s6 charger fits 20s and 21700s with ease. It's on Amazon for 36 but has a 20%coupon right there to make it 29 bucks.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On Amazon it says "Inlife charger by Golsi". Actually shows it says that on product. $36.99 plus 20% off coupon. I just ordered it. Was that the correct one? It says charges 3x21700 simultaneously.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent . Will have it today by 2PM! Finally a charger that works. You just put the batteries in the 2A bays and it charges. No BS setting it everytime.

Question. I had trouble charging batteries at 3A. Apparently that is very rough on the battery. However if you have a 10,000MAH battery couldn't it be charged at 3A? I am guessing not because than that is only a 5 Amp battery. Many say more than 1A is very bad for batteries. I have found 2A to be fine with multiple chargers. Batteries last 500+ charge/discharge. 3A is pushing it for any battery period? I know this does not charge at 3A but I have others that do and just overheated. I did not know if a much larger battery could be charged at 3A but only 5 A battery? Of course 5A battery is useless for vaping anyways. I would figure 4,200MAH 25A battery could take 3A but I guess not.

tejas240

Member For 2 Years
1 amp is not bad for charging batteries and .05 amp is even better if you don't need the battery back in service very soon. P.S. Ijoy 21700 batts are some of the last 21700's I would suggest to anybody, too many better ones in the market.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They honestly suck. I am getting 2051MAH from them Recommend me some good ones please?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, meter is obviously not accurate on the S6. It says brand new 26650 has 108MAH? Maybe that is how much it charged it and not total capacity?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Gor. the Molicels are pretty popular. I have 8 of them and they do real well. liionwholesale.
2 21700 and 6 18650.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is odd. I charged a battery that was not even 100% empty. It was at 3.38V. When fully charged the S6 said it put in 3914MAH? The battery is only 3750MAH and Mooch called it at 3650MAH. Unless I got a Gem battery LOL.

VU Sponsors