Become a Patron!

Fogger V4 issue!

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently purchased a fogger V4 online. When I received my device I opened it to find there was no center contact screw. I contacted the supplier and was told that it didn't come with a screw and that it was perfectly fine the way it is. I did research on my own to find that every single image I can find all show a center contact screw. Can anyone confirm that I am indeed missing a contact screw? I have several other devices a rsst, a nautilus, enigma, tugboat, and a stillaire never have a seen any device with no contact in the bottom. I'm new to fogger any help would be much appreciated.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, IDK...but here's mine I'd bought from Ebay..
It's a Fogger v4+ AKA 4.3 with the pyrex tank.

On mine, its the copper screw you see next to the positive pole...that is my positive pin for the 510 connector.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes that's exactly what I've seen on all of them that I have looked up. Thank you! Mine looks exactly like yours. Only difference is the bottom screw is missing exposing the flat notched positive post adjustment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 26

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes that's exactly what I've seen on all of them that I have looked up. Thank you! Mine looks exactly like yours. Only difference is the bottom screw is missing exposing the flat notched positive post adjustment.

If it is not in the box/bag it might just not have been put in. Mine came assembled though, so it was in there. But, it's not uncommon for stuff to get overlooked on an assembly line. If the box was sealed, the vendor wouldn't have known either.

I bet ya can find a screw though...I'll do some looking.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine came assembled as well just doesn't have that bottom screw. I contacted the site it would have been nice for them to just address the issue and send a screw instead of denying that it was supposed to have one lol. I really appreciate the help. I was thinking maybe I was just crazy for awhile here.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I can't seem to find one. :-/

I'd wager you can find one at a hardware store though, copper would be nice but brass would do also.

BTW, you know that one of those tiny o-rings goes under the 510 screw as an insulator and another one, the really tiny one goes under the fill port screw. (if they aren't installed already. =)

Reactions: JCS

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you again! I checked around the house to see if I had anything that would fit even from another atty, but didn't have anything either. I'll check the local hardware stores and I'm also gonna email the vendor again as well. I would think for such a simple fix they would have just sent me the screw instead of saying it didn't have one. It's kinda insulting In an age of technology where u can confirm these things fairly quickly.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you again! I checked around the house to see if I had anything that would fit even from another atty, but didn't have anything either. I'll check the local hardware stores and I'm also gonna email the vendor again as well. I would think for such a simple fix they would have just sent me the screw instead of saying it didn't have one. It's kinda insulting In an age of technology where u can confirm these things fairly quickly.

Part of the problem is there are no spare 510 screws as available parts. (sorry, a bit punny there)

They'd have to come from other units and they wont short someone else to do that. They'd have to open a box, check it, then send a new one to ya.

Other RBA's you have that have adjustable 510s may have a screw that would fit, IDK. :(
It's a bit late here to try and measure mine, but it's probably an M3 or M4 pan-head.

More peeps should chime in during the daytime, maybe they would know more. :)

If no joy, might try here: http://www.mrmetric.com/metric-fasteners/Brass-Metric-Pan-Head-Screw/

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I tried to measure 'em as best I could at 1AM with a very old ruler..lol

(click for full-sized images)

But, hopefully these will help ya.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one like that, that is the way it comes and works just fine as is, been using it for well over a month with no problems at all.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nailz yours came like mine with no contact? That's strange for some to have them and some not. I wonder if I should just do a build on it and check if it fires. It's strange tho cause it doesn't even sit right on any of my nemesis mods. I bought it more for my box mod that's on the way but usually almost everything fits well on the neme.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone. After much back and forth with the online retailer, and them going back and forth with their supplier it turns out the fogger they sent me wasn't authentic. The retailer has offered to either return my money or send me the original which they are now replacing their stock with. I brought up the fact with them I wasn't happy about the package missing the normal hologram sticker the authentic was meant to have. And spidey sense was correct it wasn't original. Good lesson for everyone do your research and be persistent if something isn't what it's supposed to be. I have no problem with clones but when u pay for an original that's what u should be getting.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone. After much back and forth with the online retailer, and them going back and forth with their supplier it turns out the fogger they sent me wasn't authentic. The retailer has offered to either return my money or send me the original which they are now replacing their stock with. I brought up the fact with them I wasn't happy about the package missing the normal hologram sticker the authentic was meant to have. And spidey sense was correct it wasn't original. Good lesson for everyone do your research and be persistent if something isn't what it's supposed to be. I have no problem with clones but when u pay for an original that's what u should be getting.

Nice to hear mate! Glad we could help out a little bit as well.

bravo-009.gif

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is a clone and I knew that, didn't know you bought yours on the impression it was a genuine fogger, that isn't right, but glad you got it sorted out though :)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WTF! Are they really cloning these things? They are like $25 authentic!!! LOL

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mine has the copper screw. I really like the V4+. I hope you do too, when you get it all straightened out. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mine has the copper screw. I really like the V4+. I hope you do too, when you get it all straightened out. :)

Ya, I spent like just under $30 for mine, but from an US Ebay seller because I didn't want to wait. :D

It's a genuine Fogger v4+ (4.3 version) by Yi Loong. And I'm very happy with it.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yes they are, I just got 2 from fasttech for $14 a piece ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they are, I just got 2 from fasttech for $14 a piece ;)

Right on.

During my research phase, I'd read all of the various horror stories on FT about getting sent wrong versions or just plain junk, so I said f-it and bought one I knew had been vetted by other buyers I knew. Cost a bit more, ya, but shipped in days not weeks and I don't regret it. :D

Of course, the new 4.4 and BIG FOGGER came out right after that...lol!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had 2 authentic 4.4 (4.1) foggers too, but they was silver, and decided I would better to have black, as most of mod are black, these one's from FT don't have the threaded air flow ring, but otherwise they work just as well as my 2 authentics did, but not only was they half of the price, also got the metal tank section as extra as well.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got a black fogger 4.1 straight from yiloong as a warrenty replacement for a silver one that was having issues (got it from FrogInFog)
The outer tank says 4.1. The chimney is smaller (like 4.1). The logo on the chimney has the little "r" (like 4.1). The air flow ring is threaded (like 4.1)
The weird thing is it was packaged in a 4.0 box.

Reactions: JCS

VU Sponsors