Become a Patron!

foam on diy juice?

Sptz

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys,

I noticed that sometimes when I make a batch, after vigorous shaking, there's a layer of foam that forms on top of the juice, this last batch I did, for example, still has it after 2 days.

I'm doing max VG with around 3 to 4% of distilled water, depends on the amount of flavoring.

Could it be the water?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mix max vg but don't add water after leaving the bottle in hot water for 10 mins and giving a good shake I get a little foam on top but it normally goes after couple hours. Prob just air trapped in the vg have you tried putting the bottle in hot water to thin the vg out.if not that must be the water your adding. Why do you add water?.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Some flavors get foamy to when you shake them but not after sitting for 2 days. Do you have a,picture maybe?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes mine will have a bit of foaminess that collects at the top the day after a hot water bath and vigorous shaking. I just shake it again to disperse it, and it never returns. I just get a bit though, so if you've got a Mr. Bubble type thing going on in there, YMMV.

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use max vg but dont add any water to it. i then have a swizzle stick-cappuccino mixer thingy which i attach to the end of a dremel and mix up that juice into what almost a froth consistency!!!!!! wroarrrr!!!!!!

then i take my glass bottle and leave it in the ultrasonic for a few rounds (8 min a time) and after the 1st round its back to a clear liquid without any bubbles or foam.

Sptz

Member For 4 Years
I add distilled water to think it out ever so slightly, distilled water thins out VG like a dream. The foamness is gone now, so all good. I thought it was "known" that using distilled water / Vodka / Saline was pretty common!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a magnetic lab mixer I use for big batches, after 10 mins on high speed, there is a lot of foam and bubbles trapped in the VG, but it settles down after 4-5 hours into a transparent eliquid, albeit with some bubbles still trapped in the juice.

VU Sponsors