FlexiSpot E7 Pro Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The original FlexiSpot E7 has been a popular choice among the best standing desks for years, but it seems FlexiSpot understands that there's always room for improvement. The FlexiSpot E7 Pro is a considerable upgrade over the standard E7 frame, bringing better load capacity and sturdiness, killer cable management, and an increase in height range. Let's dive in and explore why the FlexiSpot E7 Pro is such a good buy.

FlexiSpot E7 Pro – Design and Features​

Regardless of which desktop material and finish you opt for, the FlexiSpot E7 Pro is an attractive offering. That being said, I'd recommend paying a little extra for the solid wood or gaming series desktop – the latter of which was included in my test unit – if durability is a major selling point for you, as the cheaper chipboard material is likely to provide the least longevity of the bunch.

The FlexiSpot E7 Pro frame comes in black, white, or gray, but I'd argue the black one best achieves the sleek vibe most commonly associated with gaming desks. More importantly, its thick legs and automotive-grade steel allow it to hold up to 440 lbs – at least double what many cheaper options provide, and more than enough to handle even the most robust battlestations out there.

Even better, the desk's exceedingly quiet dual electric motors can raise and lower to heights between 50.6" and 25", which should comfortably suit most users. I'm 6'2" and have found equal comfort in sitting and standing, and the stability even at its highest point has been fantastic. It's worth noting, though, that the standard E7 frame may be better for those looking for the absolute lowest height adjustment, as it can be adjusted between 48.4" and 22.8".

Need A Chair Too?​

Check out our picks for the Best Gaming Chairs.

Underneath the desk is a large cable management tray to help keep all of your cords out of sight, and the included magnetic fabric cable cover snaps in place to ensure that things remain even tidier. It's not likely the average person will be peering beneath your setup to examine your cable management tray, but I still love the super clean look for my own peace of mind.

The Flexispot E7 Pro's keypad display shows you the desk's current height alongside buttons that let you program different seated and standing heights if you want to automate your experience. There's even a handy child lock option on the front, and an efficient USB-A charging port on the side – both features that don't frequently appear on the keypads found on cheaper desks.

There are a number of other useful accessories available (sold separately), such as dual monitor arms for a two-monitor gaming setup, or under-the-desk power strips for tidying up cables even further when you have a lot of tech in a single area – but admittedly, most of these things can be grabbed cheaper elsewhere.

FlexiSpot E7 Pro – Assembly​

The FlexiSpot E7 Pro frame shipped separately from the desktop and arrived a few days after the former arrived, but the unboxing experience was equally simple for both. Everything was neatly packaged and well-protected, and it took minimal effort to get it all out and ready for assembly.

Afterward, it took me around 30 minutes to unbox and assemble the desk, and I didn't find any of it to be particularly challenging. Everything is laid out in a clear and concise manner in the instruction booklet, and the included multi-use screwdriver is perfectly adequate for getting things done. I'd still recommend a power drill for making absolutely certain all of the screws are secure (and to save your arms some work).

I've assembled quite a few desks in my life and found the FlexiSpot E7 Pro to be one of the easier ones I've worked with. But do be aware that the parts are heavy and that those with an even worse back than mine may find it useful to have two hands on deck – especially when it comes time to flip it over post-assembly.

FlexiSpot E7 Pro – Gaming​

There are two gaming-focused desktops that can be purchased alongside the FlexiSpot E7 Pro frame. These are designed with finish that allows you to comfortably use your mouse without a mousepad. One is tailored for FPS players and claims to improve accuracy, while the other is designed to offer lightning-fast movement to MOBA players.

The desktop's slightly rough texture is a nice touch for casual gamers just looking for the most efficient route to getting in and playing, and it all looks and works fine for just having some fun. But if given the choice, I'd nevertheless recommend going for the solid wood desktop and using a versatile gaming mousepad, since these desktops aren't equally ideal for every genre.

Though there's not much about the FlexiSpot E7 Pro that is gaming-specific, that doesn't mean it's not a stellar choice for the hobby. It brings immaculate levels of stability alongside up to 60" of width and 28" of depth, which is ample room for a large tower while also making sure you have space to move your monitor(s) closer or further based on your needs. And it goes without saying that having on-the-fly height adjustment is an ergonomic delight for extended play sessions.

With all that being said, if budget is a deciding factor for you, there are admittedly plenty of cheaper options available that will get most of these needs met. But for those seeking something that feels considerably more high-quality and long-lasting, the FlexiSpot E7 Pro's extremely sturdy frame, whisper-quiet motors, 440lbs of weight allowance, and killer cable management help it stand above many of its contemporaries. Its 15-year warranty should also give you a lot of comfort considering how even many well-known companies only offer 10 years or less.

Purchasing Guide​

The FlexiSpot E7 Pro can be purchased directly from FlexiSpot. The frame starts at $599 (but can often be seen on sale for $399), while the desktop material must be added separately with prices ranging from $80-$210.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors