Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What about a little whipped cream?

Love the new avatar =)

I think I may need to add either more meringue or whipped cream or cut back on Lemon (I bumped it to 3% because my husband said he couldn't taste it in his).

And thanks! :) 'Course, the little booger just shredded my hand. Unfortunately, he never learned how to properly squat when he does his business, so I need to wipe him. He hates it with claws fully extended. Oh, he also refuses to let me trim his claws. His (adpoted) sisters, too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Emilie here's the mix I made a few weeks back. I only had enough left to drip a little. Tangy lemon. Not exactly pie, but not bad.

3% Lemon Sicily
2% Custard
1.5% Apple Pie
1% Cookie
.75% Meringue
.5% Brown Sugar (TFA)

The pie crust wasn't really as noticeable, no apple taste, so that worked. It could possibly use a touch of Vienna Cream? I'm not sure. It does need tweaking, but it's not bad at all.

TFA Whipped Cream is a nice addition to anything I've used it in. The fluff of Fresh Cream, a little sweet. Only a little.

Let me know what you come up with! :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone, I don't think I'm eligible for the "club" yet as I just started using FA. I like then a lot (except desert ship, to realistic). Was wondering how the "nut mix" was? Every nut type flavoring tasted like peanut butter (tfa toasted almond) or fruityish (tfa and fw pistachio). Looking for a nutty flavor for a variation of my ry4,peanut butter isn't that taste.
While I'm at it are there any fa flavors I NEED to try? A previous thread said all of them and that wasn't exactly helpful. I have espresso, Vienna cream, and cookie now (that I'm liking anyway)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey Curly. We're not exclusive. Everyone is a member if they say so, so welcome aboard :)

I've not had an RY4, I'm not a tobacco vaper. I'll say, I do love Nut Mix by FA. I use it frequently at 1.5%, usually. Definitely adds a nuttiness to a mix, not a distinctive nut flavor. I have a few others, but this is the main one I grab for nutty flavoring.

Espresso, Vienna and COOOOOKIE!! Great flavors. I use Cookie all the time, I have yet to tire of it.

So, what types of flavors do you lean toward? Of the FA fruits I've tried, they're really, really good, quite flavorful (most of them), though I'm not crazy about the Orange or Mandarin. Or Mangosteen, but I think that's just a matter of personal preferences.

Cream flavors. Yes, you should get them all. You just should. Not a creams fan? That's ok, I'll take 'em. Same goes for the Desserts.

Tobaccos - you'll have to wait for another to post their thoughts. My boyfriend, nor myself, care for the Desert Ship. Though he likes Turkish flavors, he liked Virginia and Shade best, of the ones I mixed. I liked 7 Leaves OK.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad flavor from FA. If you're on the fence with any flavors, post here, I'm sure someone has tried it-- including Bread Crust, Tomato and Roasted Chicken. Seems those are less than favorable, lol. Go figure.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@CurlyxCracker

hmm.. if you are having an issue with nuts.. just out of curiosity.. can you taste a cherry vape??

i have noticed certain people taste things a bit different on the flavors..
like my better half, he can't do a cherry vape, it smells like paper to him..
i have tried all kinds of cherry.. just dont know, but was wondering.. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I think I may need to add either more meringue or whipped cream

Emilie, just fyi, if that's FA Whipped Cream, it has an inhalation warning. Using FA Meringue:Fresh Cream about 2:1 or as much as 1:1 will give you the effect of whipped cream, though - without those diacetyl/sub ingredients.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
While I'm at it are there any fa flavors I NEED to try? A previous thread said all of them and that wasn't exactly helpful. I have espresso, Vienna cream, and cookie now (that I'm liking anyway)

What are your preferred vapes, Curly - fruits, bakery, beverages, sweets...?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, you have a lot of European recipes. You must be European, have traveled extensively, or just love food/flavors.

Or all 3!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, you have a lot of European recipes. You must be European, have traveled extensively, or just love food/flavors.

I choose door #3, with a hint of door #2 :) FA has some really unique European-tasting flavors to work with (who else even makes Marzipan flavoring, for example). So I search out authentic European recipes and translate them to vapes. Another family member is willing to make the actual recipes in exchange for me doing all the vape-related stuff. It works out well for us.

I love vaping all the boozy flavors, but I don't drink.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Emilie, just fyi, if that's FA Whipped Cream, it has an inhalation warning. Using FA Meringue:Fresh Cream about 2:1 or as much as 1:1 will give you the effect of whipped cream, though - without those diacetyl/sub ingredients.
Do you mean TFA Whipped Cream or FA Whipped Cream?

I do have FA Fresh Cream.

I don't have any more TFA Whipped Cream.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you mean TFA Whipped Cream or FA Whipped Cream?
I do have FA Fresh Cream.
I don't have any more TFA Whipped Cream.

FA Whipped Cream has diacetyl.
TFA Whipped Cream does not (surprisingly).
FA Fresh cream does not - and it goes great with FA Meringue for creamier sweet flavor.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you guys ever order from E-liquid Mart? They look to have all the FA flavors I want and in sizes greater than 3ml and less than 30ml.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Did you guys ever order from E-liquid Mart? They look to have all the FA flavors I want and in sizes greater than 3ml and less than 30ml.

I just recently got some FA and a few others from e-liquidmart, little bottles. All was packed well, nothing leaked, and it shipped right away. Thumbs up from me.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome. Thanks guys.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, I love your recipes and reviews. I wish you would move over and try INA flavors. I'd love to see your reviews and recipes with these flavorings. And the Russian flavors from VZ....

Just a random whine....

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Whipped Cream has diacetyl.
TFA Whipped Cream does not (surprisingly).
FA Fresh cream does not - and it goes great with FA Meringue for creamier sweet flavor.

*PHEW!*

I only purchase FA flavors in their E-Cigarette line. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I love your recipes and reviews. I wish you would move over and try INA flavors. I'd love to see your reviews and recipes with these flavorings. And the Russian flavors from VZ....
Just a random whine....

Since I have so little good to say, I just stay quiet about them. But you asked, so here goes...

I've gotten 10 or so Inawera flavors that were getting rave reviews - mostly flavors I tend to like and I have other versions of. I was disappointed in all but their Sesame (which is fantastic). Wahnilla, or however they spell that, was a flop for me. It's a less-rich, less-complex vanilla than any of FA's, and it doesn't tie together flavors as well in recipes. Wera Garden Lemon Mix is IMO just another lemon. There's nothing unique or special about it; it produces a chemical-cleaning-product effect when pushed to create strong flavor. From Inawera's description, I expected some ginger from Exotic Roots. I get dusty ginseng and something really earthy (potato?). Biscuit is a sweeter, weaker version of FA Cookie. They don't even make plain creams to mix with. In general, their flavors don't seem as suited to complex recipes as other brands - they don't complement each other well. Try that often-raved-about Orange flavor with Wahnilla - it's like a battle of two competing flavors, not a harmonious blend. ANY other company's versions of vanilla and orange can coexist more peacefully than that. I do plan to try S'Camel, Cactus, and one other I'm forgetting right now...but no plans to throw much more money their way.

The Russian VZ flavors..I have the famed Gourmet Vanilla Cake, which obviously contains a generous dose of diacetyl. If I want to vape diacetyl, I'd use FA's Pandoro, which is a rich lemon-vanilla pound cake, similar flavor but less chemical-tasting (rich cake versus Twinkies), and blends far more easily with other flavors. FA Pandoro is 2% diacetyl; I believe Gourmet Vanilla Cake is much more. I didn't care for their Blackberry or Lemon but would have to look up my notes to see why. Their Mint Gum is an atrocity - not mint, not gum, don't know what the hell it is. Their flavorings from Baker's in Russia (the 'gourmet' line) are acknowledged to use diacetyl, and given my opinion of the ones I tried without knowing that, and what they cost, I don't plan to ever go near any others.

I'm not averse to trying other companies. There are some TFA flavorings I use often, and I'm loving that Inawera Sesame, even a couple Capellas, Flavor West, and Nature's Flavors. Only about 1/3 of my flavorings are from FA, but I like and use about 80% of my FA flavorings. I'm lucky to find good use for 20% of the others. Sorry to sound so negative and long-winded!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exotic Roots - odd to me too
Wanilla - I like, but haven't had an FA vanilla yet
Spicy Biscuit - I like because it has a subtle cinnamon, which will mix well in some recipes when you want light cinnamon and an added richness
Cactus - Uber sweet, not a lot of applications for this one

I didn't realize the Russian flavors were so high in diacetyl

I guess I will have to try more FA flavors. I just haven't had much success so far. That Pandoro I will definitely pick up.

Thanks for your explanation. I know some of INA's have been disappointing to me too, so I get it

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, you are not long winded, HIC.. but.. with ina a tiny bit goes an extreme long way.. you can not push or it becomes nasty.
they have made some improvements on some of their flavors, the vanilla for pipe, i tried, went back and bought larger.. its that good..
the tobaccos.. all have a "background `common` flavor" and i am wondering if it is from what ever base extract they use.. Polish/German flavoring is different.. and I do have my favs from there.. but if you have anything left.. try them at the "drop" method.. instead of the percentage..

the vanilla i linked to a bit ago.. is the only decent one i found.. and I have spent upwards of 100.00 with the company..

Baker Flavors aka VZ and some Ecigexpress.. they tend to react similar..

i don't keep notes like you do (but I love ya for yours!) and I would literally have to go thru over 500+ of my flavor collection to sort thru which ones I liked etc.. and i'd be here for way more hours.. I don't have that time, and wished I did..

Most of the flavor companies do have a few good things they produce, the secret is to figuring out what they are..
the other is.. taste is subjective.. I can not say that bit enough.
What we as Americans expect and what most EU people have.. are way different.. it makes me appreciate the good when I find it.

I hope this does help out..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Spicy Biscuit - I like because it has a subtle cinnamon, which will mix well in some recipes when you want light cinnamon and an added richness
That Pandoro I will definitely pick up.

The Biscuit I tried wasn't the Spicy one, just plain. I understand those two are pretty different flavors, but I'm not curious enough to investigate.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The Biscuit I tried wasn't the Spicy one, just plain. I understand those two are pretty different flavors, but I'm not curious enough to investigate.

fyi, just so I'm not misleading anyone - FA sells Pandoro only in the Kitchen Magic line with an inhalation warning due to 2% diacetyl/subs. I had to try it (standalone, I used <1%, just like VZ's Gourmet Vanilla Cake...and I made a strawberry shortcake that knocked my socks off), but it sits with my other coffee flavorings now (mmmm good with real coffee).

the "twinkie" VZ's Gourmet Vanilla Cake, only use 1-2 drops straight from the bottle into a 30ml juice.. that is why the taste you got was the way it is..

the biscuit.. I did the same, but found it is weeker.. it needs 4 drops per 30.. super concentrated, the both.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@CurlyxCracker

hmm.. if you are having an issue with nuts.. just out of curiosity.. can you taste a cherry vape??

i have noticed certain people taste things a bit different on the flavors..
like my better half, he can't do a cherry vape, it smells like paper to him..
i have tried all kinds of cherry.. just dont know, but was wondering.. :)
Yes cherries taste normal to me, some way too strong (tfa maraschino).

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Kay, was just curious.. give a shout when you get some new nuts..
love to see what companies and tastes you can pull off them :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curly, here are my notes on FA Nut Mix: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/my-notes-on-flavourart-nut-mix.2585/

I don't have them all there yet, but look in the DIY Reviews area at the other FA flavors I described - almost 50 of them. I got tired of finding descriptions like "brings out your inner child" - and wrote (hopefully objective) descriptions of the flavors, notes on their use, suggested percents... tips to help decide if it's what you're looking for, or what to do with it once you have it.
I did read that! First one I looked for actually. I think I'll get a bottle in my next Bull City order to try.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Actually, you are not long winded, HIC.. but.. with ina a tiny bit goes an extreme long way.. you can not push or it becomes nasty....
.. taste is subjective.. I can not say that bit enough.

Yah, I don't like to sound negative about entire flavoring lines, so I pretty much shut up about crappy flavors unless someone asks. lol.

I don't understand why the phrase "taste is subjective" is appended to flavor description and recipes. I could agree that "preferences vary". One person loves cherry Lifesavers, another hates them - because preferences vary. But it's not as if one of them tastes hickory smoke instead of cherry Lifesaver. Flavors are no more "subjective" than than colors are. I may call a school bus "ugly orange" while everyone else says "lovely yellow" - but we'd all agree it's a "clone" of the paint color used in tow-away zones. I'm not sure if I disagree with the intended message or just the terminology of 'taste is subjective.'

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are your preferred vapes, Curly - fruits, bakery, beverages, sweets...?
I don't exactly have a regular preferred, but I recently discovered custards and love them. Sweets and bakery are what I'm trying to branch out to I suppose, with the exception of TFA Ry4 Double and Inawera 555 Gold. Also always looking for REALISTIC fruits. Haven't came across to many....

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the reasoning or well, My reasoning is this..

what I might taste, and what the intended recipe created wanted to taste, may be a bit different.

and it is to me.. otherwise, how do i pick out that "back" taste i get with ina.. I can spot that flavoring a mile away..
but does anyone else say anything about it?

or.. my better half, he can not taste a single cherry flavor.. even when mixed with other flavors..

taste is and can be, subjective..

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yah, I don't like to sound negative about entire flavoring lines, so I pretty much shut up about crappy flavors unless someone asks. lol.

I don't understand why the phrase "taste is subjective" is appended to flavor description and recipes. I could agree that "preferences vary". One person loves cherry Lifesavers, another hates them - because preferences vary. But it's not as if one of them tastes hickory smoke instead of cherry Lifesaver. Flavors are no more "subjective" than than colors are. I may call a school bus "ugly orange" while everyone else says "lovely yellow" - but we'd all agree it's a "clone" of the paint color used in tow-away zones. I'm not sure if I disagree with the intended message or just the terminology of 'taste is subjective.'

Hmmm. I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Smoky Blue and I had a short conversation about this a couple days ago. Zen Garden - both of us like Zen Garden. One of us tastes ginger, one of us tastes basil. Same flavor, but subjectivity we both taste it differently. While this is only one isolated incident, I'm sure we're not the only two that have experienced this.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, I make 10% dilutions like I do for most super-strong flavorings, and used that as my flavoring. Same end result as making a 30ml batch with a drop, but that lets me conserve nic base. I've seen some people using 2% of that stuff. :eek:

still compare 2 bottles.. one with your concoction.. and one with my drop method..
I do understand what you are saying, HIC and we all mix differently, as well as taste..

on nic..

I use 6mg in mine.. and there is not much difference to me between 6mg and zero..
i play with zero till I get it to where i want, once i am happy with a recipe.. i try with nic and then adjust where i need it..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm. I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Smoky Blue and I had a short conversation about this a couple days ago. Zen Garden - both of us like Zen Garden. One of us tastes ginger, one of us tastes basil. Same flavor, but subjectivity we both taste it differently. While this is only one isolated incident, I'm sure we're not the only two that have experienced this.

we aren't :D lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I need to make some juice tonight and pulling a blank. hook me up guys ,I a recipe to try :)

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't say I've ever tasted a real Zen Garden to compare with..........

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to make some juice tonight and pulling a blank. hook me up guys ,I a recipe to try :)

In progress....

3% walnut
2% almond
0.5% meringue
0.5% marshmallow
1.5% cocoa

not bad, but (?) the nuts are subtle.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
In progress....

3% walnut
2% almond
0.5% meringue
0.5% marshmallow
1.5% cocoa

not bad, but (?) the nuts are subtle.
cool. thanks. to tired to make my own recipe lol.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Watermelon or Cantaloupe, or both
.5% FA Oak Wood

Report back with results.

Edit: if I had access to my mixing supplies right now, I'd try this for science.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If I gave each of you Zen Garden in one setup, and Bacon in identical setup (tank, battery, all that stuff) - would one of you say "these two are the same flavor" while the other said "these two are different flavors"? Probably not... but if I asked you both to describe them, you'd use different adjectives. So I wonder how much of this is a matter our our varying use of language and personal preference rather than truly differing taste perception. I think I'm not explaining this well, in which case....never mind.

Oh - and using different vaping equipment and concentrations of course affects the actual flavor, too.

I can tell the difference between bacon and zen garden.. lol..
and yes equipment effects it as well..

not sure on language, but am sure on tastes :p

ok one quick recipe:

6% Absinthe TPA
2.5 lime TPA
2.5 kiwi FA
5% apple tpa
2.5% ethyl maltol
3% sweetener
.5% key lime TPA

wllmc

VU Donator